12v Ceramic ring heating elements

Has anybody experimented with these? They are a little ceramic disc with a hole in the middle and two wires that can reach the temps we need. The one at this link even lists aroma therapy ovens as an application. I figure dropping a shouldered tube with a screen of some sort into one might work for a DIY vaporizer beginning.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Has anybody experimented with these? They are a little ceramic disc with a hole in the middle and two wires that can reach the temps we need. The one at this link even lists aroma therapy ovens as an application. I figure dropping a shouldered tube with a screen of some sort into one might work for a DIY vaporizer beginning.

Commonly called “Donut Coils”, been around awhile now. Here is one such use on a product I own, V4.

Commonly called “Donut Coils”, been around awhile now. Here is one such use on a product I own, V4.

That's exactly what I was thinking but in a DIY way. Now I know the concept is practicable. Thank you.

blackstone

The one at this link even lists aroma therapy ovens as an application.

Maybe this is one reason why. These pics show the ceramic heater ring, temp. sensor and metal oven from an Arizer Argo teardown by Puffitup and all Arizer portables work like this.
arizer-argo-chamber-parts-teardown-1024x256_2048x2048.jpg

arizer-argo-teardown-chamber-dissambly--1024x256_2048x2048.jpg

A glass stem with the load inside then slides into the metal receptacle for heating.

Maybe this is one reason why. These pics show the ceramic heater ring, temp. sensor and metal oven from an Arizer Argo teardown by Puffitup and all Arizer portables work like this.

As soon as I saw that pic it looked familiar. Not seen one that torn down that far though.

Grouchy_Warthog_,
Reactions: blackstone
I've been experimenting with a stempod si desktop concept and I think I'll be trying out one of these types of heaters. Perhaps one of the puffco peak replacement heating elements could work on a 510 too 🤔

Secreagent,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've been experimenting with a stempod si desktop concept and I think I'll be trying out one of these types of heaters. Perhaps one of the puffco peak replacement heating elements could work on a 510 too 🤔
HbB0ixz.jpg

I wouldnt bother ,someone tried this in 2017 with poor results . Coils are better for heating air quickly without reflecting much heat on the body. Hair dryers use coils for that very same reason.
1631648023897.png

Should've probably mentioned there are balls involved in my experiment. My thinking for the puffco heater was that it would be just one sitting over top of the posts and by forcing the air to go around it it might even out the heating of the load.

Secreagent,
Reactions: Xclerk

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Should've probably mentioned there are balls involved in my experiment. My thinking for the puffco heater was that it would be just one sitting over top of the posts and by forcing the air to go around it it might even out the heating of the load.
Well if you have o-rings they will for sure melt from the radiant heat. You cant increase mass in a atty without making everything hot as hell.
That is alpine e-match below,maybe has some potential for convection but adding balls for example would melt the orings .. :)
1631650131227.png

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom