100% Decarb With The NOVA

Truth Seeker

@Truth Seeker, my feeling is if the product is universally bad there would be a consensus. There obviously isn't anything close to that. Some people just like their way better, and some people just hate new things. The first 20 pages ended over a year ago, and I have to believe it has been updated and improved since it came out. I for one like mine it's convenient and fast and I use it to infuse with the silicon sleeve AND lid. Nobody including me has ever noticed a small or taste in anything I made in it. Not saying others aren't more sensitive, but don't fall for the mob hate mentality. I got lots of information with mine but it's all on their website. For me the convenience and discreteness are huge. I'm also inexperienced with other methods of decarb and infusion. This checked both boxes at one time.
Thank you so much for clarifying this there’s so many mixed reviews but your recent response is probably going to help my decision to purchase one of these units!

YayVap

You're welcome @Truth Seeker. I hope it works out. Look around there are codes for like $30 off or sometimes a free infusion sleeve. I do hope it works for you. Like I said I'm inexperienced with any other ways of doing it but I looked around a lot and considered many many wAys before I settled on this and I'm satisfied.

kcmochris

Hi all - I'm looking to decarb some kief. Last time I just put it in the metal cup. It worked just fine but got slightly stuck to the bottom. I was able to scrape it all up and off just fine (some residue left behind). I know they make those silicon shot glass things but is there any easy, household item that could be recommended -- don't think it's worth spending extra money on this. I'm wondering if a glass shot glass would work but not sure if it would crack. Anyways, just curious if you guys have any ideas.

kcmochris,
Reactions: macbill

YayVap

I just decarbed some kief Thursday and it stuck to my aluminum insert also. I used a brush and it came right off without scraping or sticking.

YayVap,
Reactions: macbill

Truth Seeker

My original cover had the smell, they sent another that also had it, but much less. I used tin foil for a cover and left both silicone lids in the dishwasher for a month. They were both fine after that.

The unit works great. It's not inexpensive, and the build quality could be improved. But it works very easily and consistently, and the smell is incredibly less noticeable.

I use it for both weed and rosin, and I'm very happy I bought one.
Did you just leave the lid off and wrap one single piece of foil on top as a lid and run the entire cycle fine?

Just bought an Ardent FX and the chemical smell is very disturbing.

Truth Seeker,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have found that using a shot glass with a thick bottom is a bad container to decarb concentrate. Thick glass does not conduct heat well. The obvious just blows me away...

macbill,
Reactions: jeffp

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have found that using a shot glass with a thick bottom is a bad container to decarb concentrate. Thick glass does not conduct heat well. The obvious just blows me away...
how about Ardent's concentrate and infusion sleeve?

jeffp,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My Ardent is 1st Gen: it wasn't an option, I believe. But I have used a silicone container used primarily for concentrates. It seemed to work ok.

macbill,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My Ardent is 1st Gen: it wasn't an option, I believe. But I have used a silicone container used primarily for concentrates. It seemed to work ok.
I think mine is also, it's the "Lift," I later bought their infusion/concentrate sleeve.

jeffp,
Top Bottom