Would vaping through carbonated water change anything?

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I’m changing my bong water because it’s sat unused for like a month or two, and I was curious as to how using something like Perrier or Pelligrino would change up the vaping experience.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Haha yeah my friend had a sodastream in our early vaping days and it was a fun way to mix it up at first but more or less the same

Ok, now I'm tempted to try this. I'm a sodastream enthusiast - I even refill my own tanks (using the dry ice method).

Probably going to do that this afternoon and see how it goes lol

GoldenBud

well, our air contains about 1% of Water and about 0.1% of CO2... so the CO2 molecules will leave your bong sooner, so I don't think it's a good solution that much.... maybe distilled water will work better than regular water

GoldenBud,

davesmith

Glass Blower
well, our air contains about 1% of Water and about 0.1% of CO2... so the CO2 molecules will leave your bong sooner, so I don't think it's a good solution that much.... maybe distilled water will work better than regular water

I would recommend against straight distilled water. It appears to be the cause of “bloom” on clear glass (if that sorta thing would bother you)

Also with no chlorine or minerals the water tends to grab smells and hold onto them. It also attracts bacteria etc much quicker than most tap water.

Distilled water is great but remember to change it more regularly add a tiny tiny bit of salt if you are gonna use it. people suggest this negates the bloom issue and helps stop it leeching everything from around it.

Ps im no expert but do distil my own water for cleaning, ive never experienced bloom (its not 100% certain the exact variables that cause it iirc) but most attribute pure water to being a contributing factor.

I personally use filtered tap water (berkley) most the time, occasionally use distilled with a pinch of salt.

Just my 2p!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It appears to be the cause of “bloom” on clear glass (if that sorta thing would bother you)

What is that exactly?? Never heard of bloom

My tab has such hard water that it would stain the clear glass and even with the filtered water so I tried to limit it and distilled seems to be better for them? Ehhh

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I would recommend against straight distilled water. It appears to be the cause of “bloom” on clear glass (if that sorta thing would bother you)

Also with no chlorine or minerals the water tends to grab smells and hold onto them. It also attracts bacteria etc much quicker than most tap water.

Distilled water is great but remember to change it more regularly add a tiny tiny bit of salt if you are gonna use it. people suggest this negates the bloom issue and helps stop it leeching everything from around it.

Ps im no expert but do distil my own water for cleaning, ive never experienced bloom (its not 100% certain the exact variables that cause it iirc) but most attribute pure water to being a contributing factor.

I personally use filtered tap water (berkley) most the time, occasionally use distilled with a pinch of salt.

Just my 2p!
What is bloom and is it permanent?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
What is bloom and is it permanent?
Here's an article about glass bloom. It's directed at the UK pub industry and refers to borosilicate pint glasses.

It doesn't talk about distilled water though.

This is another article which leads me to believe the distilled thing could be an issue being a sponge for minerals?

This condensation leaches out alkali ions (sodium and/or potassium) from the glass leading to the formation of an alkaline solution. As the temperature rises throughout the day the liquid evaporates and leaves a more concentrated alkali solution. Eventually, all the liquid evaporates from the surface leaving alkali salts on the glass surface. These are usually in the form of carbonates from the reaction with atmospheric carbon dioxide.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Blooms permanent. Its only really an issue if you own high end clear glass like toros etc but from what i understood is was to do with using distilled water. But reading the link above seems maybe not?

I live in a very hard water area and havent got bloom in my pieces yet, tons of white calcium deposits but that comes off with citric acid usually.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I live in a very hard water area and havent got bloom in my pieces yet, tons of white calcium deposits but that comes off with citric acid usually.

Yeah it gets really dirty looking with white marks and such, I don't know if I'd know what to look for bloom or not, but whatever these things see steady use, it's too hard to keep them flawless, in my mind anyway...

Top Bottom