Would a “two armed” sidecar function? Does such a thing exist?

Silenced008

Curious if there is a design out there similar to your typical matrix sidecar, but with two “arms” that draw from both sides and meet in the middle to form the mouthpiece? I am picturing a glass cylinder with a V or U shaped mouthpiece lol

Silenced008,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Curious if there is a design out there similar to your typical matrix sidecar, but with two “arms” that draw from both sides and meet in the middle to form the mouthpiece? I am picturing a glass cylinder with a V or U shaped mouthpiece lol

I've seen ones that are two separate arms two separate mouthpieces... I don't think it would work properly for two people to hit two different tubes that connect to the same main tube haha I feel like one person would be stealing even more vapor and the other person would get hardly anything then?? You could attach one of those u-shape adapter onto a modular mouthpiece rig and connect two mouthpieces though to build it yourself?

Silenced008

I've seen ones that are two separate arms two separate mouthpieces... I don't think it would work properly for two people to hit two different tubes that connect to the same main tube haha I feel like one person would be stealing even more vapor and the other person would get hardly anything then?? You could attach one of those u-shape adapter onto a modular mouthpiece rig and connect two mouthpieces though to build it yourself?
Definitely, I was more thinking onemouthpiece for one person being a potentially cool design for improved air flow some shit lol. Like it would pull from the downstem on both sides and the mouthpiece would be the bottom of the V. Stoned thoughts as my dynavap cools down I guess. Really want to blow some glass soon!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I remember from way back, that when you are smoking on a hookah with multiple hoses that you still take turns. Two people drawing at the same time would make the coal burn too hot and ruin the flavor.
Definitely, I was more thinking onemouthpiece for one person being a potentially cool design for improved air flow some shit lol. Like it would pull from the downstem on both sides and the mouthpiece would be the bottom of the V. Stoned thoughts as my dynavap cools down I guess. Really want to blow some glass soon!
Wait, it is one mouth piece with airflow coming in the drawing side? Or are you just describing a forked downstem? Maybe I am stoned and it will be clear as day tomorrow, but I am not sure I understand.

Silenced008

I remember from way back, that when you are smoking on a hookah with multiple hoses that you still take turns. Two people drawing at the same time would make the coal burn too hot and ruin the flavor.

Wait, it is one mouth piece with airflow coming in the drawing side? Or are you just describing a forked downstem? Maybe I am stoned and it will be clear as day tomorrow, but I am not sure I understand.
I think I am stoned and just described a very basic recycler? Lol gonna make it happen one day! I even have a sidecar that snapped clean, feel like I could convert it after some practice. exactly the same as a matrix sidecar but with two holes at the top instead of one for the mouthpiece which would be at the bottom of the V or U, behind the piece instead of on the side.

Tbh I have never really looked into what a recycler was, other than it had two tubes which I suppose is what I am describing.

I like super hot dyna hits that roll towards the top and thought it would be cool if it was being pulled on both side instead of one. All still just meant for one person though. The wife combusts like a madwomen

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

It really depends on the recycler how many tubes there will be visible. And from your description you want a can like those matrix sidecars, but with an added mouthpiece? What would the second mp be for?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Oh I think it depends what you mean exactly, if the mouthpiece forked and then came back, it is similar to having a donut in the mouthpiece, just some extra cooling vapor flow... The way you describe it would be like half a donut, I don't really know if it would make much difference in the flow... However if you are talking about having a drain tube, that is what makes it recycler, and that entails the drain being lower and that's what recycles... You can look them up :tup:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It sounds to me like you want a single mouthpiece that draws from 2 sides of the body. It sounds like this is so the percolator draws evenly on both sides.

Interesting idea, but what do you think you are achieving by doing this? I can't imagine that the bowl will be unevenly vaped because of traditional geometry, rather for other reasons mostly relating to the heater.

Hippie

Dual mouthpieces will need valves

There was the Haze Vaporizer Glass bubbler, that kinda fits the description (2 tubes coming out from the main chamber that join together before the mouthpiece)

Shit Snacks

Hey so this has a donut in the neck, above the perc:
Sort of more what you were describing?

This is what we thought you meant at first:
lol

Finally this is what would happen if you configured it to do some recycling becoming an uptake and a drain as you suggested:
InnerG makes various styles of these dumper recyclers

Last edited:

Silenced008

It sounds to me like you want a single mouthpiece that draws from 2 sides of the body. It sounds like this is so the percolator draws evenly on both sides.

Interesting idea, but what do you think you are achieving by doing this? I can't imagine that the bowl will be unevenly vaped because of traditional geometry, rather for other reasons mostly relating to the heater.
Hit the nail on the head here! I am pretty much a strict dynavapper and just thought the vapor being pulled through two holes instead of one (but then leading into one mouthpiece like you said, just one person in mind lol) would allow for some extra cooling and suction. If you wanted to get really fancy you could add a small chamber at the tip of the V right before the mouthpiece! Or even another matrix in the mini chamber!! but maybe that is too crazy

I always heat to edge of combustion and then rip it as hard as possible creating vaporwaves (ha!). The idea of the vapor being split into a T seems really cool to me. Just moved to a place with plenty of workspace this year, now I can actually get into some hobbies other than reading and vaping!

Silenced008,
Top Bottom