Women's World Cup......

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
World cup of what?

edit; nevermind. god bless google! Football. Just show's what profile the womens game has!

WatTyler,

lwien

They made it to the finals. Playing against Japan for the cup Sunday morning. I know that almost evey one here could care less about women's soccer, but if ya get a chance, tune this one in. They are an exciting team to watch.

And Hope Solo, while being a bad ass goalie is really pretty.......

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, she can be my goalie anyday! :brow:

Tomorrow's going to be tough... 7 hours of British Open and then the World Cup finals.

I should start grinding now...

Kelblow

Must say womens footy has come on in leaps and bounds.There are some seriously good players nowadays.It does lack the speed and intensity of the mens game though.

Kelblow,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
For a country that is more football mad than any other, people could still really not give a shit here in the UK. Also perhaps people care more in the US because your women always win or are runners-up!
So congrats to them/you guys - your men are still a little way off consistent performances against the top teams though - unless Robert Green's in goal that is :uhoh:

Edit: Enjoying the Open as well! The conditions are so difficult it can really be anyone's game, such strong wind and rain sorts the men from the boys for sure. Like seeing Tom Watson still doing well too.

wilf789,

lwien

Considering what Japan has gone through, I kind of have mixed feelings about this. I really don't want to see either team lose. Japan deserves to feel good about something, no matter how small, considering all the grief that they've been experiencing.

edit: Right before they played Japans national anthem, the announcer said that Japans national anthem is the oldest in the world. Didn't know that. I shed a tear when they played it. They've been through soooooo much. :cry:

lwien,
Top Bottom