WireCutter's "Best Portable Vaporizer For Most People"

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ahhhhh hahahahaha :lol: :lmao:

I think they forgot the "This post sponsored by"

I freaking hate sponsored content.

Everyone's looking for the best vape. I've used 25+ vapes so far and I still can't tell you which is the "best". Sure I can tell you which ones I like *more*, but there is no "best"

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Why would they test vapes that only use micro-USB to charge?Makes no fuckin' sense to me and sounds sort of a stupid way to find the"Best" vaporizer out there, I don't charge using micro-USB with any of my vapes(only own one or two out of 40+ vapes that uses it and I just use different quicker external dc chargers with 'em).
WTF, Why would That even be the main selling point these "testers" were concerned with?

Yeah I wanna vape that only charges in the slowest most inconvenient way possible, that would surely make it better. :shrug:

:2c:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What is sad is people will look to an article like that as genuine advice rather than the paid infomercial it is :disgust:.

Instant credibility lost when you make statements such as the Arizer Air won't fit in most pockets. What the fuck does the reviewer wear fucking jeggings? Then they say the Crafty will fit in a pocket & describe it like a small smartphone in size? Maybe if you glued 3 together or something.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think what grabbed me was the title "Best Portable Vaporizer for Most People". Who's most people? They did 30 hours of research. That's doesn't seem like that long. Folks can just check out FC that seems to me a broader review and not biased. This was more of a buy this because we said so.

It said, "our picks are better for the price." One person's best vape is another person's least fav. That's what I've learned here. It also seemed like an advertisement to me. Arizer I didn't think faired that well in their critique.

I also have no need to charge my unit with a USB adapter. I have no need to adjust my unit using my IPhone either. All those bells and whistles just takes away from the cannabis and the vaporizer itself. Simple and easy to use is what I like.

Whereas some folks like the bells and whistles. So we are all different, best portable vaporizer for most people would be a big umbrella including many vaporizers. This review didn't include that many choices.

Last edited:

little maggie

I am having trouble with the "bad design" of the air. Seems like they are looking at it's size and aesthetics rather than how it works. I don't know who sponsored this but it seems like an ad for these new vapes.

TheWhisper

:shrug:

This makes me question all the other Wirecutter reviews that I've relied on when choosing products. It really is true that one thinks the news (or other media) is a reliable authority until you see them write about a topic you know. Then you realize, "huh, if they fucked this up so much, maybe I can't really trust what they write on topics about which I'm less knowledgeable..."

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
""Why you should trust us:

We put in over 30 hours of research, surveyed 380 of our readers, evaluated 29 models, and tested nine devices with five California volunteers with legal prescriptions. While writing right past our original deadline, we consulted with Bud, the prolific reviewer who has done over 120 vaporizer videos over at The Vape Critic, as he told us about his personal vaporizer collection and gave advice for newcomers.""

Very sad to see they wasted so much time to come to the wrong conclusion.:rofl:
Wonder how much G-pen paid them to write the article.

TheWhisper

Maybe we could come up with a detailed, cohesive rebuttal of their conclusions and send it to them in the hopes that they'll take a second look.

Maybe...

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
Maybe we could come up with a detailed, cohesive rebuttal of their conclusions and send it to them in the hopes that they'll take a second look.

Maybe...
I think that the conclusion we'd come to is that there really isn't just one vape that's perfect for the majority. But we could put together a list of features and things to keep in mind for newcomers to consider when purchasing their first vape, and then we can rate each vape on those different features/topics.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Not had time to read it yet and probably won't. I really don't have any time for these kinds of reviews and, no offence intended, I would take the views of any 'prolific reviewer' with a pinch of salt. I have spent well over 30 hours using my Vapcap. The same for the battery powered devices that are now collecting dust. Subjective is the word. We will all have a bias for the device we as individuals enjoy the most. The best info I've found comes from friends and real time usage I find in posts here. An hour testing means nothing. An hours testing of a device used to take a mind altering substance means even less especially if it's the last device in a line up of 29.

phattpiggie,
Top Bottom