Wich portable vaporizers for quick short draws, more like a smoking experience ?

2chill

Hi,

I bought some vaporizers : arizer air 2, arizer go, xmax v3 pro, pax plus.

Pax plus has the best airflow and draw sensation for me. It's more like a vaping-smoking experience, I can take quick short lips draws. If I take long heavy hits, I have big clouds. With Pax plus, I can draw like a cigarette, join, pipe, cigar.

But the vapor of the pax is no more tasty after some hits... I would like long tasty sessions.

Sorry, I don't like taking long slow draws, even after 4 years of vaping.

Have you some suggestions ? May be vapes with restricted airflow ?

Thanks for reading, thanks for helping.

Farid

What you want is from two sides of the spectrum.

Short mouth to lung hits are only really possible with certain conduction vapes (like the PAX).

Long sessions with tasty vapor is only possible with convection - though I'd argue the tastyness fades quickly.

Imo your best bet is a vape like the Dynavap or Vapman. These will allow the mouth to lung type hits, and you can repack them regularly if you want a long session. This way you'll get a tasty hit every time you repack.

Hippie

The Dynavap Vapcap would be my top pick or there are newer larger things along the same lines like the Anvil, Phatpiggies Thermal Accumulator (and his upcoming colab. with MAD, the Tempest), the Dani vapes, Camoflet, Stunner .... or there are glass ones from The Rogue Wax Works, PTglass or Glass Charlie ....

Petetbay

I would like long tasty sessions.
Wouldn’t we all, from small portable devices that’s something I don’t think you’ll find. Some don’t become too harsh as the session progresses, usually after 5-6 pulls taste is done no matter which device, stirring can sometimes catch you a couple more tasty puffs, but is prolonging the inevitable. I’ve not tried every device, maybe something like a S&B Volcano with a huge bowl, might have prolonged taste, never had a chance to try. Good luck in your search and let us know when you find something good, I need to know. :2c:

Last edited:

seriousTone

If you want TRUE MTL hits, in my opinion the danivap fusion with the airflow almost all the way restricted is the way to go.

For short hits, the camouflet convector is great. The bowl is cool to the touch by the end of each hit.

Both have to be heated by a torch first though.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you use firewood maximizing conduction (FW7 has more conduction than 8/9 apparently though) then it could be nice for this, on demand conduction is hard to come by, always have to sacrifice something somewhere... Thermal Accumulator (Tempest or Stunner) could be good too potentially though quite different to use

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
My vote is for the TA/Stunner/Tempest style of vape that's already been mentioned here. I bought the Stunner recently and it's the closest thing I've found to a joint smoking experience. Any style of draw seems to work with these portable ball vapes. The bowls are large and the sessions are tasty.

If conduction vapes are your thing and you already like the Pax, I would suggest trying the DaVinci IQC/IQ2. MTL sips work really well and I feel it's just a more refined and tastier conduction vape.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The Stunner is great for MTL, and has excellent taste for a non-glass vape.

For maximum flavor I’d go with the Terpcicle from TRWW with a cooling stem which also rewards MTL vaping.

Neither of those will support sessions as long as a Pax or Mighty because they are on demand and can soak up a lot of heat, but they are great for that joint like feel.

2pumpchump

Daniv3 fusion Stunner are 3 i own and recommend . Currently loving the Stunner ball vapes take next level so I would Imagine TA and tempest are good as well

2pumpchump,
yes some vaporizers come with adjustable airflow settings, allowing you to control the draw resistance, such as Davinci IQ2, Ghost MV1, Arizer Solo 2...

Artrix Global,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I agree with the general consensus so far. Dynavap or vapman will be your best bet for now. The vapman is the most delicious vape I have used. Every hit from it tastes good as long as you avoid overheating it. But it's a sessions style vape. No big thick hits from the vapman. The Dynavap will be more versatile than that, allowing for anything from a single hit extraction to a many hit sessions. The Dynavap won't taste as good later in the session though so it's a trade off. Personally, I say grab a Dynavap. You'll like the versatility and flavor (especially over your pax) and it'll teach you a lot about how vaporization works. The manual heating really is different in that way. That knowledge will let you use your other vapes more effectively as well.

Top Bottom