Why's my 3rd wash QWISO ejuice the most like a spliff?

wisewoman

Hi there,

I just joined the group as hoping to get some insight into my QWISO ejuice experiments. I've been a long standing spliff smoker but now moved into trying to create the best canna ejuice I can giving a similar effect.

Without going into the minutiae of it all I freeze bud and 99% ISO, wash for about 30 seconds, filter, evap over 48 hours, scrape and mix with peg400 and pg/vg blend.

I do three 30 second washes total for each batch.

So here's the thing - it seems to me that my *3rd* wash gives me the closest spliff ( bud and tobacco ) like effect. I don't understand why as surely most THC is stripped in first two washes? Certainly my third wash seems slightly darker than the first two and I understand this to be due to greater level of impurities.

Anyone like to suggest what's going on ? Have I been so used to getting a dirty combusted spliff high that I'm struggling with appreciating a much purer one?! Or maybe my qwiso technique is way off ?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Melissa

herbivore21

Hi there,

I just joined the group as hoping to get some insight into my QWISO ejuice experiments. I've been a long standing spliff smoker but now moved into trying to create the best canna ejuice I can giving a similar effect.

Without going into the minutiae of it all I freeze bud and 99% ISO, wash for about 30 seconds, filter, evap over 48 hours, scrape and mix with peg400 and pg/vg blend.

I do three 30 second washes total for each batch.

So here's the thing - it seems to me that my *3rd* wash gives me the closest spliff ( bud and tobacco ) like effect. I don't understand why as surely most THC is stripped in first two washes? Certainly my third wash seems slightly darker than the first two and I understand this to be due to greater level of impurities.

Anyone like to suggest what's going on ? Have I been so used to getting a dirty combusted spliff high that I'm struggling with appreciating a much purer one?! Or maybe my qwiso technique is way off ?

Any thoughts appreciated!

NAME EDITED OUT
Hi there. Welcome to FC!

You are finding that your 3rd wash is more like the effect you got from combusting because by the time you have gotten to your third wash, you have stripped much moisture from the plant material with the high proof alcohol which increases thermal degradation.

There is a strong possibility that the first 2 washes are much headier than your 3rd wash which may be a substantial part of the difference you are noticing. This is because you are not heating cannabinoids far too hot during ingestion (a bic lighter flame is gonna degrade the shit out of everything in your spliff pretty quickly - a lot of it will decompose completely before it gets into your airways!). Cannabinoid degradation byproducts give a very different effect to the cannabinoids and especially some of the less volatile terps that you are now experiencing for the first time (terpenes do not survive a bic flame and will form secondary degradation byproducts which you experience instead!).

Another huge part of the difference will be the tobacco missing from the equation. It took me almost a year of vaping to kick the cigarettes and I was a tobacco mixer too for the longest time before that! Perhaps ween yourself off of tobacco first.

Tell me, is the 1st and 2nd wash QWISO you make much headier in effect?

Farid

What kind of returns are you getting? If your 3rd run got significant yield compared to the first 2 I'd say it's the technique. If most of your return is in the first two runs then maybe you're just used to a different high.

Farid,

wisewoman

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The amount of concentrate I scrape off the plate increases slightly with each wash and I combine 1st and 2nd wash and add to ejuice and do third wash just by itself - I thought that the increasing yield with each wash was due to increasing release of impurities and was the norm ?

( Ps- sorry mods I've double posted and haven't yet worked out how to delete one thread - please can u combine if possible )

wisewoman

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. My first and second washes feel lighter/ purer somehow with no heavy monging feeling that I've historically equated with a spliff. I would say that the effect from the first wash is not as strong as a spliff joint but the third wash does seem to introduce more of that heavy eyed feeling I did associate with a spliff.

I'm beginning to think that I had just gotten used to being oxygen deprived and have equated that, and the combusted impurities , incorrectly to bud which is why the dirtier third wash is sort of the closest to a spliff effect for me.

I'm starting to quite like this less body-heavy intense high I'm getting though, and for those moments when I'm struggling, I turn to my third wash. Overall though it's a no brainer - my lungs are feeling so much better these days! :)

I thnk you are probably right in what you say. I'm not a straight tobacco smoker - only used to do it with bud so tobacco is out my life now as I intend to persevere with this qwiso substitute.

(Ps - sorry mods I've accidentally double posted and can't seem to delete one - please combine if possible )

Top Bottom