Who ever said stoners were lazy can kiss my arse!

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I was getting so fed up of the crap job done by the workmen who laid our patio many years ago, that I finally had to take action.

Having to constantly weed between the slabs was really getting on my tits, and at times, meant the patio was unusable, so today I went to work, after last weekend scraping out the weeds and mud then weed killing with sodium chlorate.

I've started so I'll finish...

YOvfcW3.jpg

Cheeky 'Chuckle Puss', I turned my back for 5 minutes to have a pee and the little git thinks he's found a new spot to chill out on...

dBc8NjD.jpg

7 hours later, my back aches, my knees are killing me, I've caught the sun on my neck and I'm completely shattered... but totally worth it... (and even 'Furbie' appreciates my hard work!)...

HM7F1CN.jpg

OK not exactly Tommy Walsh, Ground Force, but I'm pleased with the results (and more importantly, so's the wife!)

At least now we can enjoy alfresco breakfasts as a family without being swamped in weeds!

I guess now the only bummer is I'm going to have to repoint the path!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well done on that, I know its hard work pointing up....

Do you realise you can get a brush in sand now that seals the joints, goes solid, and stops anything coming through...

And can be done very very quickly....

Anyway your done now and I'm sure you sat down after with a solo and appreciated your work, and that's what it's all about, standing back and feeling proud....

Lazy stoner???? Not me mate, I work my arse off all day, then do my house up at night....and repeat every day....

On a separate note, that seems like a fairly secluded garden, I could think of some plants that would do well out there....

kellya86,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Do you realise you can get a brush in sand now that seals the joints, goes solid, and stops anything coming through...
That's what the builder did when he laid the patio and then just hosed down. It didn't work and so decided to do it the hard way.

I sure did enjoy my beer and Solo afterwards :)

We have just bought another 100 foot waste land at the back, and was wondering what to plant ;)

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Build a house..... you would be crazy not to...
No that's exactly why we bought the land, to stop the person next to it with a load of land building houses.

Eventually we plant to put a log cabin down there with kitchen and toilet facilities, so it can be my office / music room so we gain a spare bedroom which we lost when we created the nursery.

1DMF,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom