Which portables are best for sharing in small groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyCricket

Which of the current portable vaporizers do you think can best handle being used in a small group (2-3 people)? I know that portables outside of the Mighty/Crafty are not really meant for group use since a desktop vaporizer truly shines in such situation. However, I frequently find myself in the situation where I have friends who are new to vaping who want to buy a portable that they can easily show to other friends to introduce them to vaporizing. I try to emphasize to them that portables are usually designed for one to two people max, but they do not vape often enough to warrant a owning a desktop.

The only vapes I have experience with that best suit this are the Haze (easy, large capacity) and Solo (easy use). Any other suggestions?

Can the CF/CFX, Pax 2, Flowermates, or Air handle groups like this?

JimmyCricket,

Baron23

Which of the current portable vaporizers do you think can best handle being used in a small group (2-3 people)? I know that portables outside of the Mighty/Crafty are not really meant for group use since a desktop vaporizer truly shines in such situation. However, I frequently find myself in the situation where I have friends who are new to vaping who want to buy a portable that they can easily show to other friends to introduce them to vaporizing. I try to emphasize to them that portables are usually designed for one to two people max, but they do not vape often enough to warrant a owning a desktop.

The only vapes I have experience with that best suit this are the Haze (easy, large capacity) and Solo (easy use). Any other suggestions?

Can the CF/CFX, Pax 2, Flowermates, or Air handle groups like this?
I like the CFX. Can pack .3 g or more and passes around just fine. Also, the price is pretty good. I noticed that Everyonedoesit.com has the Mighty on sale (!!) for $345 and typically S&B stuff is never discounted. Wonder if pricing and performance pressure from vapes like the CFX are at play here.

I have a Flowermate Pro.....I would go CFX without hesitation.

Now, the Pax can work as a nice pass around vape also...but I do like the CFX and I like its price point. :2c:

Cheers

Oogendoogan

Weeke fenix is an amazing session vape much like the CFX and I believe it performs just as well or better at like half the price. Weeke sells them for $100 but there is a $25 FC discount making it $75 which is a steal. I have tried a mighty, and CFX. Also a haze, flowermate, indica and a few other oven/session vapes and my fenix has the best flavor out of any of them.. even the mighty lol. The mighty kicks bigger clouds but the fenix is no slouch at its higher temps, purple and red, you can get huge clouds and great flavor thruouh your whole session. I have a ton of vapes and use the fenix over every vape in my sig daily. Kinda sad when my ESV and Milaana cost so much more than the fenix and it sees almost equal use.

JimmyCricket

Weeke fenix is an amazing session vape much like the CFX and I believe it performs just as well or better at like half the price. Weeke sells them for $100 but there is a $25 FC discount making it $75 which is a steal. I have tried a mighty, and CFX. Also a haze, flowermate, indica and a few other oven/session vapes and my fenix has the best flavor out of any of them.. even the mighty lol. The mighty kicks bigger clouds but the fenix is no slouch at its higher temps, purple and red, you can get huge clouds and great flavor thruouh your whole session. I have a ton of vapes and use the fenix over every vape in my sig daily. Kinda sad when my ESV and Milaana cost so much more than the fenix and it sees almost equal use.

Wow that's amazing, the fenix flew completely under my radar!

danald2000

i own a fenix and can attest to its greatness for the price. It does not support passthrough charging and has a much smaller battery than the cfx but otherwise I believe it is better.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It very much depends on the groups tolerance. Some people just need a draw or two and are content; in that scenario almost anything can support a group. I've had the Air be enough for a group of 5, but not enough for a group of 3; just depends.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Joaon

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Bowl size is a key factor for multiple people sessions. The Sticky Brick vapes have a pretty good sized bowl and is as close as you can get to that combustion look and feel for those who haven't been converted yet. No batteries to worry about and no waiting. The downside being the learning curve for a butane vape that can combust so someone who has mastered the flame might need to assist.

His_Highness,
Reactions: grokit

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I can confirm your thoughts about the mighty. It'll definitely do 3-5 people depending on how high their tolerance is. It's also good for several bowls on a charge so if one isn't enough there's always round two, three, four... ;)

Mr. Me2

The pax2 works fine for 2-3 people, but I think theCrafty/Mighty might be a little better in that situation. Especially if they are new to vaping...nothing is easier to use than a Crafty/Mighty.

virtualpurple

The pax2 works fine for 2-3 people, but I think theCrafty/Mighty might be a little better in that situation. Especially if they are new to vaping...nothing is easier to use than a Crafty/Mighty.

I've not experienced the mighty/crafty, but I can see how the cost may cause some people to balk. Lots of the people have suggested that the cfx is a great alternative at a friendlier price.

Now I am quite familiar with the CFX and am a big fan. Is it close to the mighty? I've not been able to try the S&B portable vapes (or desktop) but it must be a pretty impressive Devi ce.

Currently though my vote would be the vapcap. Yeah it requires a littler more attention and fiddling, but it makes for a great little one hitter and it just scratches dome itch. I have seldom used another vape since getting my vapcap (although I've broken a few!), and I've got an herbalizer, an evo, millana, and a hopper. I also like that for a dirt cheap price I can pick up a handful of vapcaps. That way you can either pass one around like a joint or you have a few caps out rotating through. I just either coach through the heat up or I'll just heat and pass.

The only other vapes that are seeing much love otherwise are my underdog and "the project".

virtualpurple,
Reactions: Squiby

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Do the more expensive Vapcaps perform better or something? I like my OG one ok, but I don't use it over the Daisy, Supreme or GH for that matter...
Definitely would never consider it something very easy to use or easy to heat and pass around... I find it tough just to suck enough volume of air under the cap and through the bowl to get a decent rip easily...

What am I missing with the Vapcap?

seaofgreens,

natural farmer

Do the more expensive Vapcaps perform better or something? I like my OG one ok, but I don't use it over the Daisy, Supreme or GH for that matter...
Definitely would never consider it something very easy to use or easy to heat and pass around... I find it tough just to suck enough volume of air under the cap and through the bowl to get a decent rip easily...

What am I missing with the Vapcap?
If you find the draw hard, maybe you miss a nice mouthpull... :)

natural farmer,
Reactions: Squiby

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have quite a few vapes and I use the Mighty almost 100% of the time in this situation.:2c:

mrbonsai420,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom