Which battery operated, portable, dry herb vape has the fastest heatup time?

Since this is probably a common concern, I imagine the question has been asked before but my search here didn't really turn up anything. And a Google provided quite a bit of outdated info.

So, in 2020, which battery operated, portable, dry herb vape has the fastest heatup time?

I run dry herb at about 420F.

It takes my FURY2 45 seconds from a cold start to 420F.

The ARIZER SOLO OG took a whopping 75 seconds (not including the 5 seconds it takes to start it and set the temp each time.) to level 6.

My ARIZER ARGo was my worst heatup time at 85 seconds (again, not counting the 5 seconds to start it, set the temp and actually start the heater).

My iHeat is pretty much on demand and my vLeaf GO is pretty much on demand (with both needing a 2 or 3 second preheat for my preference).

My search results from Google pretty much said the Boundless CFX was fastest at 20 seconds. The firefly also got pretty nice reviews for a quick heatup.

So.... I ask FC (since it seems this forum has the most and best information) which is the fastest gun in the dry herb coral?

Thanks

howie105

More research time, look up unregulated vapes like the Milaana or the Magic Flight Launch Box. Things get real hot real quick when you short out a battery.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I think @howie105 is right on the money with the Launch Box - that thing has been around for yeeears and is and always has been virtually instant heat . . . you just gotta wait for the vapor :tup:

But Hopper Labs new/revised offering of the 'io' (standing for 'instant on'), if proven true & reliable, will be a top contender right here :2c:

Here's the io thread in case you're interested . . . http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/hopper-io.46246/

:peace:

VegNVape,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Most of the newer convection portables with low mass heaters released in the last year or two heat up essentially instantly.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: uncanni

darbarikanada

I'm not an owner, but I suspect you should check out the tinymight; the early videos are pretty dramatic, as far as pretty much instant - and big - clouds.

darbarikanada,
Thanks gang. I just bought a CFX from @PuffItUp. At $115 it seemed like a steal. Although, Randy hasn't shipped it yet and it's been almost 15 minutes since I ordered so I'm a little concerned. LMAO j/k

On that point, kudos to Randy and his team for great service even during these times of the Corona Daze.

Looking to possibly order a grasshopper. From what I can tell, it's pretty much an 'on demand' as well.

Hackerman,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
The Imp would take that prize in my arsenal.

Followed by milaana,

then fw3,
tubo evic and zion taking a little longer to bring the big guns to the task.

But they are all fast enough. I choose on mood.

Vapenvy,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Imp is incredibly quick. Ready for hits within 5 seconds, running @ 50W on FJ's Tetra P80 firmware.

Faster than the Firefly 2+, Splinter, and GHopper.

No coil glow either at ~190°C

deadlytoaster,
I have an iHeat. Is the IMP much different?

Thanks for the input. :)

So far, I bought a Healthy Rips Edge, A Boundless CFX and an eLeaf Go.

I am considering a Solo2, a Firefly, a V5 Nano and a Tiny Mite. What's a P80?

Anyone use the Firefly with hash or keif? It looks like it would be perfect for that.

Does the V5 Nano mouthpiece get too hot?

Last edited:
Hackerman,
Top Bottom