Where do we go now? Improving our cannabis relationship.

kimura

Very happy to hear this. Always wanted to vape 0.3gr max per day but I just wanted more and more until it became 1gr+ per day so I decided to quit for good... Vaporizing too much has 0 benefits for short and long term
It's normal to want more of something you like. but I totally agree that there is a point of diminishing returns that most people hit pretty quickly, and past that point you are just building tolerance and putting more stuff in your body to process. definitely less is more here

incidentally this is why I've backed away from the super big hitter vapes... I can't possibly absorb that much at a time, and honestly I'm not sure I want to. ZX is a beast but I use really small loads and still get satisfied

edit: people have different situations... if you are a med user and require large doses to get relief, then by all means go get that relief

GoldenBud

It's normal to want more of something you like. but I totally agree that there is a point of diminishing returns that most people hit pretty quickly, and past that point you are just building tolerance and putting more stuff in your body to process. definitely less is more here

incidentally this is why I've backed away from the super big hitter vapes... I can't possibly absorb that much at a time, and honestly I'm not sure I want to. ZX is a beast but I use really small loads and still get satisfied

edit: people have different situations... if you are a med user and require large doses to get relief, then by all means go get that relief
Not a med user, it became too much expensive for me and I had a lot of mucus/phlegms, did a research and found out THC is just a compound that releases more Dopamine in the brain, decided I don't want this in my life anymore... if I would get it cheaply and never had mucus I probably would keep it...

I think med users should keep vaporizing because pain is worse than vaporizing

GoldenBud,
Reactions: kimura

TheFatBastard

the only thing you should consider in assessing your relationship with cannabis are the costs and benefits, for your specific situation. is it harming you or causing harm to others? is it causing you to neglect responsibilities or relationships? does it help with stress, anxiety, depression, pain, sleep, or lingering effects of trauma? does it help you maintain a healthy perspective and outlook on the world? is it a financial burden? does it help you to smile and live in the present moment instead of always thinking and worrying about what's next? is it going to get you fired or arrested? does it make you feel bad when you take a break?

outside of any practical concerns, the more ideological criticisms like "you shouldn't have to consume cannabis" are just the vestiges of puritanical indoctrination (speaking as an American here, probably applies to all former British colonies if I had to guess). just another way of beating yourself for not being good enough. fuck that. "shouldn't" in this case is a myth. I "shouldn't" have stress, anxiety, or back pain either.

I too am a strong advocate of "less is more" with regard to dosage, but that's purely a practical concern to keep my lungs healthy, tolerance in check, and to maintain focus such that I can carry out all of my responsibilities. also highly recommend finding the highest quality possible, and selecting specific plants/strains that give you the specific effects/experience you want.

I vape a small amount a few times a day, and have done so for over a decade, so you may take all this as me justifying my behavior. but every time I take a break to check myself, I'm always underwhelmed. for me, there just isn't much upside to not vaping, and I have beat myself up enough for more than one lifetime already

Guess we both think very alike. I really analyzed all the pros and cons, the cons is only the time “wasted”while vaping, but it is not really wasted. Everytime I vape is listening to music, playing guitar, etc, and I really enjoy these activities.

The main pro is something you just said: “it help you to smile and live in the present moment instead of always thinking and worrying about what's next?”. That’s exactly why I love weed. Since I left my old job, I’ve made the same amount of money I would have done working there for 10 years. I can’t say I’m financially free until I die, but I’m close to have enough money not to worry very much. Still overthinking and believing something bad could happen and ruin my life :bang::mental:

And yes, the indoctrination, “drugs are bad”, etc, etc is all bullshit…. But they have a place in our conscience, don’t they? :myday:

Some information: I live in Europe, grow my own weed and have more than I could take, indeed, I gift most of my stash to friends…. So how much I consume is not a problem.

My ideal situation is to be high all day, not so high to be impaired, but high enough to enjoy the present and don’t overthink :D

I have taken a few months off, but it was over a decade ago. I felt mildly more aggressive, less patient, didn't sleep as well, saved a little money. that was about it

edit: due to some childhood issues I have a tendency to be super hard on myself and then project that onto others such that they are not good enough either. I did much more of that while on break... yes therapy helps with this stuff but for me so does weed

Same here, except for the money. I’m super hard on myself too. I’ve achieved a lot of things that people thinkare awesome, but for me, is never enough. I try not to be that guy with my kids, but sometimes I can’t help it.

I can stop vaping anytime and barely feel different, just a little less patient maybe. I miss it and miss the enhanced activities I do when I vape, but that’s all. If I’m out of my routines I barely think about it….

The thing I noticed in myself vs other more hardcore stoners way back when was that for me the consumption was used to enhance another interesting activity. Whether it be playing video games, doing yoga or meditation, swimming, listening to music, whatever. For them a lot of the time it seemed like the smoking or vaping was the primary activity. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but do you see what I'm getting at? Maybe this is just me and I'm not trying to be holier than thou. I think just sitting and enjoying the feeling on its own is perfectly fine some of the time. But when the primary focus for some became the smoking itself rather than whatever else, that's what gave me some pause. I hope that makes sense.

Totally agree. For me, vaping just because of vaping makes no sense. For me is linked to some rituals, like listen to a couple of LP’s in vinyl, play guitar, watch a movie, listening to electronic music on the beach….

That’s why I think I love weed that much…I associate it to wonderful times and experiences, and, most than anything, makes me feel happy and optimistic, just realizing what I have and how lucky I am.

Maybe I definitely should vape 2/3 times a day with less material……

passenger

is this thing on?
Very happy to hear this. Always wanted to vape 0.3gr max per day but I just wanted more and more until it became 1gr+ per day so I decided to quit for good... Vaporizing too much has 0 benefits for short and long term
It's all about the sweet spot really.

passenger,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Dankvinci

I like to play around with CBD flower and mix it with whatever THC flower I'm vaping at different ratios. It keeps it interesting and gives a lot of different effects.

Mixing CBD with THC bud will Soothe your soul. Jamaican weed has a good percentage of CBD ask any Rasta.
This is the way, all the terps, and esters are still within the CBD Hemp cultivar. so your benefit from the cannabinoids and terps available.

Dankvinci,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
This is the way, all the terps, and esters are still within the CBD Hemp cultivar. so your benefit from the cannabinoids and terps available.
Sadly a lot of CBD in the UK is terp sprayed awfulness. I'd love to find some decent home grown CBD.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Dankvinci

Durbandream

If you feel this way then it's time to make a change; the brain is good about giving us warnings and guidance when pleasurable behaviors are becoming too frequent. Ask your body what it wants to do, like actually close your eyes and ask your own system what it wants. It'll give you a more clear answer than you expect about much or little to adjust your consumption.

Top Bottom