Whats wrong with some people on youtube

frogbmth

So I have a few videos on YouTube, five on the iolite, one on the vapor genie and two on the ploom. I get a lot of messages from people who think I am part of O&B or a store, many daft comments where I talk about using tobacco (work it out for yourselves - not hard is it) but recently things are getting a bit out of hand.

I have had a few users spamming the comments with complaints about the device they bought, and I am not talking a few I am talking 20-30 comments all saying the same thing. Today I actually blocked somebody for the first time ever as it was just getting stupid, I am not here to defend a product from a complaint. The idiot just goes and logs in with a different user name and spams all over again! I want both good and bad comments, but there has to be a balance, posting dozens of times seems to be just venting frustration or anger in the wrong direction. Why should I feel like a victim?

Do these people not realize that people who put things on youtube without any affiliation do so simply to help others benefit from the things they learnt themselves? I want to share some pointers so that others have an improved experience. I put a lot of time and effort into them.

OK so by making videos and putting them on a public site I am to some extend setting myself up to be a target. But it makes me just want to pull all the videos and not make any more. Then all we are left with are commercial videos and that can't be good for us, the consumers.

Sorry I had to vent someplace and this forum is the one I enjoy coming to most. I'll get off my soapbox now:D

frogbmth,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh man Frog!! That absolutely SUCKS!! I have given links to your site/vids to many people trying the Iolite or interested in them. You are the Io guru in ecigland ROFL!!

I'm sorry, it seems there are a lot of folks out there that don't think before posting :( Bummer!!! So sorry.

Lo,

frogbmth

Thanks Lo, I will forget all about it tomorrow until the next joker comes along, but it is a worry for me that me feeling this way means other folks probably do sometimes and that damages our resources.

By the way, xsmoker.info is offline now, I didn't want to pay for another year when it came up for renewal and it never got sponsors, just shops wanting free banner space! So it's frozen.

What makes this one even more annoying is the same person has been asking me questions for months and I have helped them loads!

frogbmth,
Top Bottom