what press for £500

drgreen

Hello 420 peeps I’m wondering as I am misinformed on rosin presses I feel , I plan to press like 10g flower or 5gram hash kinda , everyone’s lead me allover , I planned to get 3x6 cage and 10ton press, but after the vape dudes vid I wonder now if 5 or 7t is enough in a press like the Rosineer pro or devil press 5t, or the nectarpress. I looked at dulytek but been advised there shite now lol, bloody lost and don’t wanna waste me cash almost bought 6different setups now so faith is in the only active vape place I can find that love dabs lol ..you guys :p

i seem to find chineese ones are really bad at fuses heating and even presses, so trying to stay on usa/uk brandings, and i am uk so limited to what i can get compared to the states but i dont wana get a smaller unit and get loss on returns .
so looked at the dulytek dhp7 but found bad reviews in reddit on that lol

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The first thing I would do is ask dabpress of they have opened their EU warehouse again yet... I don't believe they have but I hope I'm wrong.

Otherwise I use a 7 ton graspresso machine which I quite like.

Long term review thread on this site.

drgreen

The first thing I would do is ask dabpress of they have opened their EU warehouse again yet... I don't believe they have but I hope I'm wrong.

Otherwise I use a 7 ton graspresso machine which I quite like.

Long term review thread on this site.

haha same dabpress is the only 1 i am deadly sure about and cant get it without a mortgage for postage lol, damn shame, few companies are like this atm , bloody shame

gaspresso looks awsome,! i think i found some, what returns do you get with it ? if you dotn mind me asking

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Do you mean what yields I get when pressing? That heavily depends on what you put in. The best I've seen so far is 28%, but you should expect 15 to 20% which is where most of it ends up, I like to think anything more is a lovely bonus! I usually press 10g a time, bottle Tek. The plates are big enough for 2 pucks and I tend not to go over ~2 tons with 1 puck, so there's plenty of leeway to go to ~4 tons when doubling up. I've never tried 2 at once though. I quite enjoy the process so I don't mind doing it twice anyway.

drgreen

Do you mean what yields I get when pressing? That heavily depends on what you put in. The best I've seen so far is 28%, but you should expect 15 to 20% which is where most of it ends up, I like to think anything more is a lovely bonus! I usually press 10g a time, bottle Tek. The plates are big enough for 2 pucks and I tend not to go over ~2 tons with 1 puck, so there's plenty of leeway to go to ~4 tons when doubling up. I've never tried 2 at once though. I quite enjoy the process so I don't mind doing it twice anyway.
haha!! wow thats enough for me ! ill bite hehe, sahme the 7ton doesnt exist now, they have a 10 ton for sale but hasnt got a PSI gauge unfortunately lol i think while learning that feature will be quite useful, im googling to see if i can find the

Grasspresso 7 tons on another site​

drgreen

what i been thinking i defo need that gauge , i love accuracy, it does seem to be every one has a generic one they put a stamp on, they seem all copys lol even the good ones, like there all from china ??
like this https://www.growpackage.com/products/eco-farm-eco2042-7-ton-hydraulic-heat-rosin-press-machine and https://nectarrosinpress.com/rosin-press/pollen-smasher-8t-hydraulic-rosin-press/ with £400 price difference and an extra grill on the side otherwise they look identicle, but i could be falling for the china copys being good is what i am worried about and i buy a cheap press thats crap and wish i bought the expensive, and visa

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I built mine for that money.
12t, rock solid electronics, all easily fixed if say a cartridge goes.
Only disadvantage is it's big and heavy as uses a proper engineering press.
Excellent guide on uk420.
And I'm a basic diy'er so no engineering/electronics degree required.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Sorry, I can't make a judgment on those other presses, the are also some very similar looking ones on Amazon. I bet they would be ok as long as the enclosure is sturdy enough but who is to know.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
apparently is has 1 pid heater so its crap too lol

Most of the cheaper ones do. And they tend to use a single cartridge heater per plate and surface mounted thermostats.
You get what you pay for and not having dab press availability means little incentive for a decent machine to be produced/supplied as no real competition.
Shame that there isn't the market in Europe for dab press to bother. I enquired years ago to be told 'in a few months '.
Hence building my one.

drgreen

I built mine for that money.
12t, rock solid electronics, all easily fixed if say a cartridge goes.
Only disadvantage is it's big and heavy as uses a proper engineering press.
Excellent guide on uk420.
And I'm a basic diy'er so no engineering/electronics degree required.
cant even find a shop press at that price with a gauge lol cheapest onsale now is this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/cat...eagOsqvw3N77b13GlPS_fY4P5-EkgCxhoC2UIQAvD_BwE

but now i cant fidn where i foudn the dual caged pir plates cheaper than bloody £280, well thats a lie i can find some for £270 but there too big hahaha gives max psi at 900 says there for pressing lbs cant imagine doing that lol, i need plates of 3x5 on the 10 ton to be just over the max as to not overload it all in 1 press always better to work half load eh

by midnight of my irratic searching if i fail i guess my fallback which has complaints on old models but seems solid on new videos... watched it win vs a dabpress so not to shabby is the https://purevapes.co.uk/home/206-du...ess-for-rosin-oil-extraction-5-ton-press.html
just hoping to either save some $$ or gain some power for matching it and bonus is i can use press for other things unlike the rosin press

half feeling like buying a cheapo and stripping it down lol

Last edited:
drgreen,

drgreen

Dabpress for me as drip tech is a must IME, but EU, these have good reports,
cant get dabpress here tried to import it and with £180 postage on plate at £399 and £440 on a machine at 500 to my post code i kinda shrieked and ran away

drgreen

heres a used one 2nd hand small press dabpress

US $400.00
Approximately£315.77 US $200.60 (approx £158.36) USPS Priority Mail International and 1 month postage

i ordered a 12 ton press with gauge etc and slow air pump, cost me £230, now i can order a dulytek at £260 or the tuopuke at same price

LesPlenty

Company Rep
cant get dabpress here
These are just good value for money when available nearby, anything with a gauge will do but drip tech is just so easy to collect your rosin and this is important as gooey rosin is a pain at the best of times to collect.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Cheebsy

3 Feet Farms

Last November, I was in a similar position looking for a press with a pressure gauge and a similar budget, @Cheebsy helped and gave me some advice while I was looking, here is the original thread https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...d-would-like-your-opinions-on-it-first.53518/.

I tried to get a graveda/grasspreso press, at the time you couldn't order through the website, you had to reserve a product and then email/ contact them to arrange a bank transfer for payment. I tried to contact them multiple times using multiple methods and could never get through. so I ended up giving up on them, as I thought if it was that much of a struggle to get them to reply to emails when I was trying to make a payment, I was never going to get them to reply to emails if I had a warranty claim or problem.

I contacted nectar rosin presses and they got back to me quickly, they had one last press with a pressure gauge on it so I jumped at the opportunity and got it. I have had it for a few months now and it has worked perfectly since I got it with no issues and was pressing some impressive rosin straight from the box.

I have loved my press and have no regrets over my purchase whatsoever, I find it is perfect for my needs as a personal user, generally pressing 7-10g pucks of flower, and occasionally when I can be bothered, I use my pollen sifter, dry ice and fresh buds, to give me live dry sift which I press and this is freaking amazing but too much work to do too often.

My only complaint is that I am using so much more rosin these days I am having to expand my growing area to accommodate this, the 3 feet farm isn't big enough anymore :D

If you are UK based the nectar presses are nice and if anything goes wrong it would be pretty simple to contact the company for a replacement or a fix, which are the reasons I ended up going with them.

Top Bottom