what is a MOD and why do I need one?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What can these do that my pens can't?

Saw even SB is getting into this game...

FlyingLow,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Looks like an Ecig rig that you can use custom coils in with a strong beefy construction.

Pretty straight forward design.

Winegums,

DrNick420

I think unless the terminology changed since I last paid attention to the ecig scene (which is way too often no thanks to some of my coworkers) mod is short for mechanical mod which is literally just pushing contacts on a battery together and forcing it to discharge rapidly as possible by shorting it out. What do you do if the button to engage the battery gets stuck? Do you throw it out a window and run away?

It's funny though cause I'll see them go outside to go vape ecigs, and I'll say "vaping time guys!!!!" and they'll be like "yep!" but it's funny cause they don't know I'm coming back from vaping (trees).

Hate they stole our damn verb though, for many years "vaping" meant you were doing weed.... now it probably means you need 200 watts for your nicotine juice... :lol:

Sorry guys, looks like I started rambling, I posted after my morning vape.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
They are capable of running a very wide variety of atomizers on the one device.... They can be manually or automatically adjusted so that you can run sub ohm or above, low wattage or high etc.

That way you don't have one pen for one atomizer style. You have a lot more freedom.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: CarolKing

zor

On a side note, the lingo and vernacular for these devices feels cringeworthy to me, I can't help but feel like there's this subculture that is desperately trying to make itself a bit elite with posturing and bragging. Add to this the "biggest clouds possible" pissing contest and the "look how custom and complicated and different my device is from yours" dick measuring festival and man you have the makings of a great party!

/curmudgeon

/getoffmylawn

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
mod is short for mechanical mod which is literally just pushing contacts on a battery together and forcing it to discharge rapidly as possible by shorting it out

Nah even mech mods are not creating a short, there's always a coil of given resistance in the circuit. But lacking any kind of regulation, you can indeed exceed the discharge rate of your lithium cells. Thankfully modern (and more importantly genuine) IMR cells are tested in a real short situation and must not catch fire (it will fubar the cell though...)

Modern mods then added VV and VW modes, then more recently TC mode (that is sensorless temperature control based on coil resistance change) and they sometimes feature the "archaic" unregulated mode, often calling it "bypass mode".

Top Bottom