What happened to Rastabuddhatao ?

Tiritibambix

Hello !

I bought a Splinter V2 a few years ago and I loved it. It's what got me into vaporizing and it was the first entry in my small collection.

BUT... I lost it past summer. I f.... ing don't know how or where and I just gave up today looking for it.

I loved that vape. I loved how it worked, I loved how it was made and I loved the taste you could get out of it.

So I decided to buy another one. But I can't find one !! Rbt site seems down and it is out of stock everywhere I look.

Did rbt close their door ? What happened ?

Any idea where I can get one in Europe ?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello !

I bought a Splinter V2 a few years ago and I loved it. It's what got me into vaporizing and it was the first entry in my small collection.

BUT... I lost it past summer. I f.... ing don't know how or where and I just gave up today looking for it.

I loved that vape. I loved how it worked, I loved how it was made and I loved the taste you could get out of it.

So I decided to buy another one. But I can't find one !! Rbt site seems down and it is out of stock everywhere I look.

RBT is long gone.
I think Ryan was a great designer but all that went along with the selling of his wares simply overwhelmed him. And he didn't seem motivated to make a bigger business of it.
Here on FC ia @FearAndLawyering . Has made clones of the larger, more robust Splinter, the precursor to the V1 and V2.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello !

Yeah unfortunately very tricky internationally, but you can use they used market resale like discord ent exchange to try to find one... Or you can get an alternative, or try newer ones!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you all for the replies.
I wasn't aware rbt was gone. That's sad.
Our of curiosities @FearAndLawyering , how much for a cosmic extractor ? They look beautiful.

Thanks for mentioning the discord @Shit Snacks , very interesting :)

Since you have enough activity here, you can also post you are looking for a splinter in the FC classifieds...

Yeah RBT blames pact that restricted vape stuff shipping and buying in the US and international, also covid further hurt things and any future plans, along with limited demand based on what it took to get these things produced

FearAndLawyering

Thank you all for the replies.
I wasn't aware rbt was gone. That's sad.
Our of curiosities @FearAndLawyering , how much for a cosmic extractor ? They look beautiful.

Thanks for mentioning the discord @Shit Snacks , very interesting :)
ty. they vary but generally $160.
Since you have enough activity here, you can also post you are looking for a splinter in the FC classifieds...

Yeah RBT blames pact that restricted vape stuff shipping and buying in the US and international, also covid further hurt things and any future plans, along with limited demand based on what it took to get these things produced
PACT act (and changing consumer tastes) 100% ended things / can't continue like before. like trying to find the 2 post RDA bases... I have maybe 20 left I can make

FearAndLawyering

you could always hand make them out of wood and screws like mistvape 😂
lol I thought about it. at that point I would probably go to all-in-one only kinda style since the mods are all gone now too, there isnt much left to screw them into.
it might be kinda interesting, get away from TCR/temp control stuff... just like a wattage PWM profile... arduino controller, wifi, internet 'app store' to download and share profiles. did a mockup of it about a year ago -

Darth Gram Gram

lol I thought about it. at that point I would probably go to all-in-one only kinda style since the mods are all gone now too, there isnt much left to screw them into.
it might be kinda interesting, get away from TCR/temp control stuff... just like a wattage PWM profile... arduino controller, wifi, internet 'app store' to download and share profiles. did a mockup of it about a year ago -
Ok now this is the kinda nerdy stuff I love to see. I would enjoy knowing more about this!

Tiritibambix

they vary but generally $160.
I went to your post again and the last batch is really beautiful.You are really skilled.
If I can't find a used splinter here or on discord, I might consider buying you one after putting some money aside for the shipping fees 😅

I'll have to wait though 😆
at least 60 days membership, 50 posts, and 25 "likes" received to create a thread in the Classifieds.

FearAndLawyering

Ok now this is the kinda nerdy stuff I love to see. I would enjoy knowing more about this!
Sure, looking at a module like - https://www.amazon.com/Anmbest-High-Power-Adjustment-Electronic-Brightness/dp/B07NWD8W26

using a PWM signal to turn the heater on/off on a duty cycle that gives you the temp you're looking for. just that module + a microcontroller + fire button basically. probably don't need the module, using a mosfet or something. but these have a couple nice features

Darth Gram Gram

Sure, looking at a module like - https://www.amazon.com/Anmbest-High-Power-Adjustment-Electronic-Brightness/dp/B07NWD8W26

using a PWM signal to turn the heater on/off on a duty cycle that gives you the temp you're looking for. just that module + a microcontroller + fire button basically. probably don't need the module, using a mosfet or something. but these have a couple nice features
And this heats the stainless mesh to that temp set by an external device?

Darth Gram Gram,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer

i tried that for a while - got a PWM on ebay. the problem was the correct point for the temperature i wanted was just a small adjustment on the potentiometer - very touchy to get right. eventually i found the MAX6675 which reads a k-type thermocouple and can be clocked by a PIC12F683 to read the digital temperature. at which point i was hooked. having a stable vape temperature is really nice.

FearAndLawyering

i tried that for a while - got a PWM on ebay. the problem was the correct point for the temperature i wanted was just a small adjustment on the potentiometer - very touchy to get right. eventually i found the MAX6675 which reads a k-type thermocouple and can be clocked by a PIC12F683 to read the digital temperature. at which point i was hooked. having a stable vape temperature is really nice.
This is an excellent project and im sure has served as a form of reference for me subconsciously, I remember seeing that CNC'd wood cover.

Was really hoping to avoid adding the thermocouple but i did buy some to play around with months ago
Did you ever write up a build? Seems like a fun project!
No, it needs more road testing but my personal life has gone off the rails over the last year. Hope to get back into it soon.

Tiritibambix

Hey guys.
Just to let you know that I found a Splinter V2 in mint condition with an Armour Pro and a nice short XL8R Mouthpiece for 120€ with shipping and customs.

Jeez, I missed it. Love the way it hits.

Anyway, thank you guys for the discussion and @Shit Snacks for mentioning EntEchange where I found the splinter :)

Cheers

Top Bottom