What extra to buy for my "Da Buddha Vaporizer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoeHoe22

Hello everyone, thank you for viewing my thread,

I've done much research on this site and others. This is the best though and has been the most helpful, really a great site for vaporizers.

Well after much research and hard thought, I've decided I'm going for it. I think Da Buddha Vaporizer is absolutely perfect for me and I will be ordering it. I had it narrowed to the 3. Da Buddha, Silver Surfer, and Vapor Bros. After long and hard thought, I've decided the DBV is the best for my money, from what I understand it's a bit better than Vapor Bros and just about the same as the SSV. It might be better than the SSV for me because I didn't want to hold it there the whole thing.

Anyway, now for some questions I have. I plan on ordering from the official site dabuddhavaporizer.

1. Is that the best bet for me to do or should I order it from another site? 100% safe and reliable?

2. Silver or Black?

3. What extras should I buy with the DBV, if any? (wands, replacement hoses, heater covers, etc..)?

4. Should I get a grinder to use for my MJ with this vape? Even if it will turn my MJ to sand?

5. I live in NJ, will this package be sure to show up and I won't get in any trouble for having ordered it?
Would I be able to have it sent to my home without anyone else in my house knowing what it would be?

If anyone has anything to add or wants to suggest either the SSV or Vapor Bros over my decision of DBV go right ahead. If you want to voice your support for my decision, that's good too.

Thank you all so very much and Happy Vaping!

JohnDoeHoe22,

JohnDoeHoe22

I'm thinking I definitely want a nice custom knob so I don't have the metal looking one. They seem to be a bit pricey though and don't have that big of a selection. I'll look more into the knobs but will probably get one. What do you guys think? I can do that on DBV right?

I'm also thinking of getting a nice custom mouthpiece to use on my DBV, but I see there is custom wands, which is a bit more money. Well I really don't understand the difference...what's the difference between the wand and the mouthpiece?

What about a grinder should I have one for the DBV?

Thanks a lot if I can get these questions answered I'll be ordering first thing tomorrow.

JohnDoeHoe22,

max

Out to lunch
1- If you want the best selection of optional glass buy from the DBV site (you can also buy the glass pieces from the SSV site)

2- Only you know what housing color you want.

3- It's a good idea to get an extra wand, tubing, and screens when you buy. You'll need them and won't have to pay extra shipping.

4- You don't have to use a grinder. You can also use your fingers, scissors, etc. And a grinder can only turn herb to powder if it's very dry.

5- The box won't say 'this is a vaporizer, used for processing marijuana'. If someone other than you opens the box though.....

I'm thinking I definitely want a nice custom knob so I don't have the metal looking one. They seem to be a bit pricey though and don't have that big of a selection. I'll look more into the knobs but will probably get one. What do you guys think? I can do that on DBV right?
Check the SSV site for more selection.

I'm also thinking of getting a nice custom mouthpiece to use on my DBV, but I see there is custom wands, which is a bit more money. Well I really don't understand the difference...what's the difference between the wand and the mouthpiece?
wand=bowl. mouthpiece=the part you put in your mouth to suck on when you want vapor. Maybe you should check youtube for some vaporizer vids on 'how to use'.
What about a grinder should I have one for the DBV?
I believe you already asked that question. :/

max,

JohnDoeHoe22

LOL thanks a lot. So I think I want a custom mouthpiece and knob, but you said I should get an extra wand? So I could get the regular replacement wand and then the extra custom mouthpiece and put it on there? By tubing does that mean getting the replacement hose?

Thanks very much, soon to be a DBV owner. Just looking for a bit more help.

JohnDoeHoe22,

max

Out to lunch
You don't have to get an extra wand, but they are breakable, and the hands free connection means relying on the glass on glass connection to keep the wand in place. If you're having a group session and passing the wand, it greatly increases the chances that it'll come loose and drop on a hard surface. An extra also means you don't have to wait to clean and dry your wand when it needs it. Just install your extra and go. Whether you buy a standard wand or mouthpiece vs. the more expensive custom jobs is up to you. You can always buy the custom stuff later on if they don't have any now that you really like. My advice when buying custom glass from them is to call and make sure the piece you want hasn't already been sold. Their site software doesn't allow a piece to go from 'for sale' to 'sold' automatically. Quite a few people (including me) have ordered a custom piece, only to find out that someone else already purchased it.

You will need to replace dirty tubing eventually, and their tubing price is excellent when you buy a 10-20' length. Same thing for screens. Screens can be cleaned and reused, but trying to get a used screen back in the wand can be much tougher than installing a new one.

max,

lwien

Might want to put a mousepad in front of the DBV just in case that wand comes loose.

lwien,

TeddyJackEddy

I think you will like the DBV. I own one and it is great. When I ordered these are the extras I purchased: hands free wand, tubing, screens and carrying bag (the one that comes with the DBV is pretty "colorful").

After I had my vape for a couple of weeks I ordered a custom knob. I had the standard metal one that came with the vape, but it was really hard to see the mark on the knob to be able to tell how far I had turned it up. So I decided to order one of the custom knobs.

Max is right on this point, call them when you order any glass parts. I ordered one of the knobs and they emailed me to tell me it was sold out. Talked to the person at 7th floor and they told me the knobs on the SSV site work just fine on the DBV, which gave me more options. They emailed me a photo of another knob that was not on the web site, which was nice of them to do.

I would recommend a grinder, but it is not necessary. You should check out the thread on grinders on this site. Lots of good info and recommendations.

TeddyJackEddy,

JohnDoeHoe22

alright screw it I'm ordering right now. I still really don't know what to order but you guys have helped a bit. Hopefully I don't choose one that's out of stock, I been trying to call all day and no answer.

JohnDoeHoe22,

JohnDoeHoe22

Alright I'm about to finish my order. I tried calling all day and night, no answer.

So I'm going to get a custom knob, custom mouthpiece, extra standard wand, replacement hose, 10 screens, and that's all I think. It drives the price up a bit and they aren't exactly what I'd want but oh well. It says upgrade to a custom knob starting at $15 for a special, what is that?

Last question, what's the difference between commercial and residential delivery?

Thanks.

JohnDoeHoe22,

NoSmoke

honestly no mouthpirece is the way to go, save your $$$. i bought a mouthpiece and never even use it, IMO its easier to control then with the mouthpiece.

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I doubt 7th floor is open on saturday man :) I bet if you wait till monday they will be more then happy to help you out.

Survivalism,

JohnDoeHoe22

I was actually thinking I would like it better with the standard mouthpiece too. Does anyone else think so??

I was thinking they were maybe closed on Saturday too after calling so much. For a company with such high demand and all these supporters saying they're working hard to fill all these orders though. I would think they'd be open Saturday like most businesses, meeting more demand. Oh well no biggie.

What does residential and commercial shipping mean?

Thanks a lot.

JohnDoeHoe22,

High n Dry

"What does residential and commercial shipping mean?"

whether you want it shiped to a home residents or a place of business hope you get your DBV soon so you can get vaped out :peace:

High n Dry,

JohnDoeHoe22

Thanks after searching I kind of was thinking that but couldn't know for sure.

Well I need to annoy you people just a little more...

What type of shipping do you guys recommend?

How are the DBV grinders or grinders that are on the DBV site? Would the local head shop be a better way to go for grinders?

You guys are great sorry for being annoying, but as soon as I have the knowledge I can take the weight from you guys and tell the new people. as I become a veteran.

Thanks a lot.

JohnDoeHoe22,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
get a chromium crusher 4PC. grinder....they are cheap($25 shipped) catch quality keif and give a fine-ish grind. my review is in the grinder thread on this site :)
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=19&p=19 (my review starts on post #465)

its chill your getting a Buddha but its a shame that you can spend less money and get a thicker vapor hit on the same design....long story short you can make your own homemade SSV with a hakko soldering iron for 80 bucks. totally different direction of thought but you get what im saying ;)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

JohnDoeHoe22

Hey so I'm going to order my Buddha tomorrow when they're open.

Your saying I should buy replacement hose? 10 feet would be a good choice? Will I need this tubing? and if so will I need 10 feet?

What about this stainless steel marble pick they have, should I pick one up?

Thanks a lot.

JohnDoeHoe22,

TeddyJackEddy

I did buy replacement hose. Just one of those things I figure I'd need sooner or later. Only pay for shipping once that way.

You will get one marble pick with the DBV. Not sure you'd need a second one, but they don't cost much. They are very handy to have and use with DBV.

TeddyJackEddy,

JohnDoeHoe22

Thanks a lot Teddy and everyone else...you've been a big help.

edit-damnnn I looked at the custom knobs and now the one I wanted is sold!!!

JohnDoeHoe22,

TeddyJackEddy

John, here is a link to a video that will give you some good info about what you get when you order DBV. This video is from tokinGLX and he knows a lot about the SSV and DBV. He is a reseller for DBV and SSV, so you may want to contact him regarding your purchase. Up to you. Have not used him myself, but have seen many positive reviews on this forum about him.

Anyway, here is the link to the video:

http://www.marijuanatv.com/watch_video.php?v=a31cd73105ad489

TeddyJackEddy,

JohnDoeHoe22

nice thanks a lot. I just ordered on the phone with them. It's on backorder because they don't have the bags(i guess storage bags). So I guess a little over a week it should arrive. Can't wait!

JohnDoeHoe22,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom