What are the most Sedative portable Vaporizers?

Vapor Trails

What do you feel is the most sedative portable vaporizer signature you have in your arsenal of vaporizers, or have ever tried before? (No torches!)

I am looking for a portable that some may find in opinion to be more sedative. I know many will claim one vape doesn't make you sleepier or more jittery than another, but some can easily distinguish effects between vaporizers. I get a different feeling from every unit I own.

I love my MiniVap the most, but would be interested in a second portable vape signature that could possibly help me sleep better. My Solo hits hard for sleep, but it takes multiple repackings. I'd like a single load option of .100-.300.

Components and any oils or chemicals to burn off are turn offs. I am extremely senstive to odors and chemicals. I am interested in the Mighty, but since it runs lower temperatures than the MiniVap by roughly 20 degrees I'm not confident that it would be any more sedating, but I have to keep in mind the Mighty adds conduction. My Volcano makes me jittery even at full temperature, and that has been over 4 years of this exact reaction. I also read another user say their finest indica made them jittery in their Volcano. So, must be something to it, and this concerns me with the Mighty of whether or not it is more sedative (I know the Mighty displays a lower temp, but at the chamber it may he higher than the Volcano chamber). I tried the CFX, but there are some issues I have concerning it. My other units are plug-ins.

Any opinions on the ultimate sleepy portable that has 0 chemical issues reported by any owners, quality of a medical grade unit etc.? Does the Mighty seem to make anyone sleepier at full temp than some other portables? If it could make me as tired as the Solo, that would be great. Low draw resistance would be great.

I have lots and lots of pain and sleep issues, and after years and years I still have to smoke a bit at night or I wake up in pain every couple of hours if I only vape. I can go weeks without smoking, and it is always instant relief as soon as I combust again (same for nausea). My newest (MiniVap) vape does great for sleep, for a vape, and actually better than my desktops (personally), but I'm looking for a little more sleepiness if it exists in a vape so hopefully I can fully kick smoking, and perhaps a different vape signature would help keep tolerance in check :)

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and give your opinions!

Vapor Trails,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
It's important to remember that a Vaporizer is simply an oven designed to cook dry herbs to a desired (hopefully controlled) temperature.

What's more important is that you understand that different temperatures will produce a different effect (chemicals boil off at different temps, there is quite a bit of difference between in effects at 340F and 440F). In general, I have personally found low temperatures below 400F produce a cleaner cerebral high while high temperatures over 400F produce a more sedative effect - the higher temps you go, the more sedation and pain relief you can find (at least from what I've found)

Your MiniVap can go up to 225C (437F) - that's not bad, but combustion doesn't quite happen until around 465F (depends on your herb, your vaporizer, and other factors, but in general, that's my "number")

Most Solo vaporizers (depends on the model) don't get as hot as the Minivap and is a slightly weaker heater than the MiniVap so naturally it won't quite take you to the level you probably seek.

ny opinions on the ultimate sleepy portable that has 0 chemical issues reported by any owners, quality of a medical grade unit etc.? Does the Mighty seem to make anyone sleepier at full temp than some other portables? If it could make me as tired as the Solo, that would be great. Low draw resistance would be great.

I have lots and lots of pain and sleep issues, and after years and years I still have to smoke a bit at night or I wake up in pain every couple of hours if I only vape. I can go weeks without smoking, and it is always instant relief as soon as I combust again (same for nausea). My newest (MiniVap) vape does great for sleep, for a vape, and actually better than my desktops (personally), but I'm looking for a little more sleepiness if it exists in a vape so hopefully I can fully kick smoking, and perhaps a different vape signature would help keep tolerance in check :)

Clearly you are looking for pain relief and sedation. I see a whole bunch of electronic vaporizers in your arsenal. But I don't see a single butane powered vaporizer!!! Tsk tsk my friend :disgust:

Butane vapes give you the ability to reach that verge of combustion but not quite. The biggest issue with butane vapes is trying to control temperatures and avoiding combustion (which happens easily for newbs). The biggest thing you'll like about butane vapes is they provide nearly instant vapor which can be insanely sedative with a bit of practice

I suggest you check out the Stickybricks vapes, or the Dynavap Vapcap (which is quite beginner-friendly)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I agree with @Ratchett.

My Sticky Brick is probably my favorite vape. It does have a bit of a learning curve though. It was my first butane vape and I did just fine, but it still requires some technique.

The VapCap has the most sedative vape signature of all my vapes. Partly because of the conduction, and also because it's easy to take it to the point of maximum extraction without combusting.

The VapCap has a built in heat sensor that clicks when it's ready. If you respect the click it will never combust.

Technically it is not a butane vape, but an externally heated vape. You can use any heat source such as an electric stovetop, a Cloud Evo, or probably even a magnifying glass and the sun. That being said, it's best with a double or triple jet torch in my opinion.

clouded vision

Everyone else pretty much hit the nail on the head. You are really looking for any unregulated vaporizer so you can push the temps much closer to combustion. Any regulated vape will top out well below combustion temperatures to avoid it and to get maximum sedation you should be trying to get as close as possible. Any externally heated or butane powered vape will definitely work as will the milaana or even a thermovape t1, evo or cera if you can find one.

Vapor Trails

I'm trying to figure out which one to buy. It looks like a ton of models. I can't tell if some of it is just for looks, or if there are different core components. Really wanted to order today, but I get confused easily when looking thru the site for some reason. I also don't know if the wood that some models use get condensation on the inside, or if the wood isn't involved in the vapor 'after path'. Any help on models to try, or perhaps a suggestion to hold off for the upcoming unit, and temporarily get the basic Glass unit? :)

Vapor Trails,
Reactions: Squiby

herbivore21

What do you feel is the most sedative portable vaporizer signature you have in your arsenal of vaporizers, or have ever tried before? (No torches!)

I am looking for a portable that some may find in opinion to be more sedative. I know many will claim one vape doesn't make you sleepier or more jittery than another, but some can easily distinguish effects between vaporizers. I get a different feeling from every unit I own.

I love my MiniVap the most, but would be interested in a second portable vape signature that could possibly help me sleep better. My Solo hits hard for sleep, but it takes multiple repackings. I'd like a single load option of .100-.300.

Components and any oils or chemicals to burn off are turn offs. I am extremely senstive to odors and chemicals. I am interested in the Mighty, but since it runs lower temperatures than the MiniVap by roughly 20 degrees I'm not confident that it would be any more sedating, but I have to keep in mind the Mighty adds conduction. My Volcano makes me jittery even at full temperature, and that has been over 4 years of this exact reaction. I also read another user say their finest indica made them jittery in their Volcano. So, must be something to it, and this concerns me with the Mighty of whether or not it is more sedative (I know the Mighty displays a lower temp, but at the chamber it may he higher than the Volcano chamber). I tried the CFX, but there are some issues I have concerning it. My other units are plug-ins.

Any opinions on the ultimate sleepy portable that has 0 chemical issues reported by any owners, quality of a medical grade unit etc.? Does the Mighty seem to make anyone sleepier at full temp than some other portables? If it could make me as tired as the Solo, that would be great. Low draw resistance would be great.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and give your opinions!
I'm going to point out something that seems not to have been considered here.

I do not believe that a new vape and vaping your material 10-20f hotter is going to help you very much for sleep. As someone who has medicated insomnia for many years: What you need is concentrates.

Flower vaping will help you to get to sleep in the first place, but it does not make for a proper 6-8 hours IME. Concentrates deliver in spades when it comes to a full night's sleep, not just getting to sleep.

Maybe try an OG vapcap since they are cheap and you are not wasting money in any major way. I do like the vapcap for sleep because it is a very small vape very easily used in bed. However, concentrates are what I put in it for this purpose - not flowers.

Check out the vapcap thread for how to shape a piece of SS wool or organic hemp fibre to stop your concentrates from melting through the screen if you wanna do the same. Check out the rosin thread in the concentrates section of this place for instruction on how to make your own high quality solventless concentrates with cheap household items. The vapcap is great for getting super low temp flavor in the first heat cycle or two, then heat it up super warm (4 seconds or so past the click) for high temp concentrate clouds that are especially helpful to get to sleep.

Flowers are great and lots of folks like them of course, but I find the effect of flowers is finished in 2-3 hours usually and this just doesn't make for a full sleep. When you take away all the burning shit that chokes you to sleep when you combust, you've noticed the difference in effect on sleep. Now that you understand that a lot of the reason that smoking flowers works is because you're asphyxiating yourself to sleep: The health-conscious way to get a proper sleep from mmj is to concentrate your resin and vape that ;) :2c:

I wouldn't suggest a vapman since I found it was too easy to accidentally combust when you were going for the high temps with flowers. The vapman is good for concentrates but the wooden section of the mouthpiece gets pretty gross, ends up oozing with reclaim that is difficult to fully clean after a while - I do not recommend wooden vapor paths at all though. Haven't used the stickybricks but my buddy vapor_eyes seems to suggest a possibility of the same issue of accidental combustion there for flowers :2c:

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Hi,
before you go buying a new vape for this, what is your current technique with the miniVAP?
Since the more sedative effects are at high temp, here's what I do with my miniVAP.

During the day, vape at temps 1,2,and 3 (blue,blurple, green) and then save that flexicone(s).
At night, bring out the Flexicone(s) that have not been vaped at high (red) and vape them for their max sedative effects.
Just an option to try b4 you go and buy a new vape when the miniVAP might be used more effectively.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
OG Vapcap, with tasty glass goodness.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vapcap-original/

If you're looking to get to the absolute edge of combustion, I wonder if the vapman is a better choice? Pushing the vapcap very hard could possibly damage the cap clicker. The Nano can get very hot also if needed.

There are many, many good vapes. Having the appropriate strain of material is even more important for me.

virtualpurple

I find the milaana and grasshopper both to be heavy hitters. I can't strongly recommend the hopper due to quality control issues though I will say when it works it really works well, but I love my milaana. It is super efficient and you can dictate just how close you get to combustion after you get your technique dialed in!

Also if you already own an e-cig mod box or aren't opposed to purchasing one you can look into "the project" thread in the DIY section by @Pipes. He has made a really awesome and affordable package that allows you to vape your herb at your desired temp without combusting and you can take the temp pretty well whenever you like. I find myself reaching for it lately more than any other vape I know!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Sooooooooo many factors to consider, the vaporizer or is it the cannabis? Or is it just you?

High temps are more sedative.

CarolKing,

Squiby

Thank you all so much. I'm looking into the VapCap of I can ever figure out the configurations. Seems like they have 8 models, haha!

There are two primary types of Vapcap; those with a one piece glass bowl and body and those that have a modular Ti bowl (tip).

The one piece glass VCs are the least expensive, but they are fragile.

The Ti tipped VCs are more durable and have more interchangeable modular components. If you get a Ti tipped VC you can always add other modular components for variety and aesthetics.

Baring the wood varieties available and the choice between straight or VonG stems and bodies, essentially there are three Ti tipped models to initially choose from:

The 3.5 inch long Ti tipped models. This model can accommodate a short body and mouthpiece or a longer stem and no mouthpiece.

The 4.25 inch models. This is the XLS model and features a longer midsection and mouthpiece.

The 3.5 inch long top of the line titanium Omnivap. This is quite possibly indestructible. It has a unique feature in that the mouthpiece screws into the vapor path condenser which allows you to dial the degree of air path resistance. Set it and forget it.

ifferent core components. Really wanted to order today, but I get confused easily when looking thru the site for some reason. I also don't know if the wood that some models use get condensation on the inside, or if the wood isn't involved in the vapor 'after path'. Any help on models to try, or perhaps a suggestion to hold off for the upcoming unit, and temporarily get the basic Glass unit?

Below is an earlier post that explains the components that make up the Vapcap models. This may help you with the basic build. The Vapcap has a very simple design, but because it is modular, meaning that the components are interchangeable, the possibilities can become confusing.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

The midsection, refered to as stems and bodies are not in the vapor path. The vapor passes through the internal condenser.

I would recommend a Ti tipped Vapcap with a wood midsection. It is in the mid price range and very durable. If you plan to use your VC with water tools you may want to add a VonG stem or body, depending on your preference.

All the VC perform wonderfully. I would choose one that appeals to you aesthetically. You cannot go wrong with any choice you make and the modular build allows to to to your collection. This is a LEGO vape.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Of all my portables my Malaana is my hardest hitting. Lately that's what I use at night. I can't use it during the day if I need to get anything done. Do you mean sedative as in hard hitting?

I just received my Malaana a week ago and I've been using it before bed instead of a desk style unit.
It gets me as medicated as the EVO, maybe more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom