What are the most popular flavors out there?

MarkTheSavior

Just curious to know what flavors are popular, i assume Natural flower and citrus flavors, especially citrus amongts the rapper culture but im unsure my bubblegum flavor which i love has not been a huge hit amongst my friends and they are asking for other flavors. (i know i have lame friends im like who cares lets get high)

Squiby

My favourite flavours are pineapple and strawberry sativas. I love Pineapple Express, Pineapple Thai, Stawberry Cough and Strawberry blonde. Yummmmm...

Blueberry would be third place.

I've never tried any strain with a grape flavour but, my dispensary has some Grape Ape in stock right now and I'm getting some. Grape Ape has been lovingly mentioned here many times.

shredder

Super lemon Haze = lemons n cat piss..........mmmmm. My personal fave.

But I like most organic fresh and well cured turpene rich buds or concentrates derived from them.

One exception would be the peppery tasting buds/concentrate. Whatever that particular turpene that's responsible for peppery flavors gives me a low grade head ache.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Very tough.

1. Fruit
I like citrus/tropical (pineapple, orange, lemon) probably the most, Strawberry Cough is up there, also like Berry and/or grape type flavors a lot.

2. Chocolate/Coffee/Hashy

2b. Pine. I rarely get stuff that has chocolate/coffee or hashy tones and get Piney stuff a lot like Trainwreck and although I love them both I think I prefer the former since I don't get it often.

3. Diesel, I like citrus diesels though much more than straight.

I am also not a fan of the peppery tasting buds that much and while I've warmed up to it a bit I am not a huge fan of cheesy terpenes either. I probably like cheese more than pepper but it's marginally more

Farid

Jack Herer. So distinct I can't even begin to describe it. I guess if I tried I'd say it had a pungent, spicey, peppery, and pinkey smell, with a distinct skunky pineyness that I have never smelled in any other strain.
K train also had a great earthy, spicey smell that was incredibly distinct. Smelled like something in an Arab's spice cabinet... kind of like Za'atar.

I like fruity flavors as well, but they seem much more common, so they excite me much less than the spicey, earthy flavors.

The only flavors I like to add to bud are homegrown peppermint and clove. Peppermint adds a very strong and lasting mint flavor, which is great to mask or enhance flavor. Clove has to be added extremely sparingly, but when added properly I can get a flavor reminiscent of a kretek cigarette (minus the tobacco), which I enjoy from time to time. These added flavors tend to ghost whatever vaporizer you are using, so if you go overboard you might have to clean your piece to get rid of the smell/taste.

shredder

Jack Herer. So distinct I can't even begin to describe it. I guess if I tried I'd say it had a pungent, spicey, peppery, and pinkey smell, with a distinct skunky pineyness that I have never smelled in any other strain.
K train also had a great earthy, spicey smell that was incredibly distinct. Smelled like something in an Arab's spice cabinet... kind of like Za'atar.

I like fruity flavors as well, but they seem much more common, so they excite me much less than the spicey, earthy flavors.

The only flavors I like to add to bud are homegrown peppermint and clove. Peppermint adds a very strong and lasting mint flavor, which is great to mask or enhance flavor. Clove has to be added extremely sparingly, but when added properly I can get a flavor reminiscent of a kretek cigarette (minus the tobacco), which I enjoy from time to time. These added flavors tend to ghost whatever vaporizer you are using, so if you go overboard you might have to clean your piece to get rid of the smell/taste.

I grew jack herer for a while, and the stuff I grew had a light pine and lemon or citrus taste. Not peppery at all. I did enjoy using it for day time. Now I use green crack, for daytime and it has a similar flavor profile come to think of it.

So you add something to flavor your buds?

As a grower I find that strange. I go through a lot to have good tasting, stinky, sticky buds. I dont even like to handle them much and couldn't imagine flavoring them. I really must be old school, lol.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@shredder . Totally agreed, a good strain and grow should not have to be masked with flavor... kind of like flavored rolling papers. Why ?!?!

@MarkTheSavior , Mmmm bubblegum , would that be same or close to Juicy Fruit or Fruity Chronic Juice by delicious seeds ? I do like the fruity scent and taste.

Otherwise , earthy taste is also a favorite of mine. I tried Jean-Guy once , a Montreal strain, was so yummy and potent . the Jack Herer I tried once was awesome too.

PK , purple kusk I like too... All grass is good grass!

"Smoke 'em if you got 'em" W. Axl Rose

Last edited:

Farid

I grew jack herer for a while, and the stuff I grew had a light pine and lemon or citrus taste. Not peppery at all. I did enjoy using it for day time. Now I use green crack, for daytime and it has a similar flavor profile come to think of it.

So you add something to flavor your buds?

As a grower I find that strange. I go through a lot to have good tasting, stinky, sticky buds. I dont even like to handle them much and couldn't imagine flavoring them. I really must be old school, lol.

I add flavoring to 1 out of 1000 bowls maybe? I never flavor bud, just single bowls. I used to smoke kreteks, so I like the flavor some times - not willing to smoke tobacco anymore.

It's not about masking flavor, I like the flavor of cloves, and I like the way eugenol feels in the lungs. No amount of breeding cannabis can replicate that, and I wouldn't want to have it in every bowl. Just like once a month or so.

I'm not taking buds and dipping them in clove oil or anything. I just break up a clove and mix it with the bowl. If I go overboard it's easy enough to just clean my piece out.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

I love a nice citrusy concentrate or herb. Anything with high Limonene, or pinene is great. I'd love to see some concentrates with more notes of humulene or linalool though.

throwawaytre3s,
Top Bottom