Watches

indigal

Amongst the corn
SkeletonLips said:
That is beautiful, indigal! Do you have any idea how old it is? I could get lost looking at the insides of that. So much delicate handi-work. Definitely heirloom stuff right there.
I forgot what the production years were- it's cataloged by that serial number- I can grab a book from the Library and look it up- but I think it was something like 1913-1920.. it's not solid gold, and not a really complicated movement, but nice looking engraving inside & out, and fairly accurate for what it is. The store I worked in was a big watch-slut store. The watchmakers (two, one was approaching 90- he passed at 92, worked up to the last year or so..) all would roll their eyes at the high-priced "status" watches. They had a keen eye for the quality timepieces. Not many passed muster in their eyes. Dying crotchety old breed. I liked them. :)

I have two girly old solid watches, if I can get decent pics- I'll post them.

indigal,
Wow, indigal... Almost 100 years old right there. And I bet those old timers had quite the collection themselves. Maybe not in quantity, but in quality for sure. You know you can trust someone's judgment on things, if they don't go by price of the item, but by the quality of it. Lots of high priced garbage out there, with a lot of things, not just watches. I mean, look at the vapor-icer, lol.

SkeletonLips,

natural farmer

A watch thread in FC… After 5 years maybe it's time for a revival :p since I came back to watches after almost 20 years, after my iPhone was burnt in the sea and my need for a practical and cheap chronograph to time my water sport customers when they are out with the jet skis! So my first watch after 20 years is the excellent so far Casio AE-1100W!

ae-1100w-1a-a.jpg

It made my life much easier at work, I have an unexplainable urge to wear it and take peeks at it all the time and also sparked my interest for Casio retro watches and especially the one that I daydream about for a few days now, the awesome Casio G-5600E!!! :rockon: It's WAS for sure!!! :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom