Wand design engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebus Canebus

Understanding that there are always trade-offs. Is there any general consensus on which manufacturer makes the best engineered vapor wand in the whip segment? IE: ease of loading, ease of cleaning / screen access, plus durability. As an example, I just purchased a DBV to pass the time while waiting for the PD. The DB has a relatively simple design, other makers have what appear to be more sophisticated two piece designs. are the 2 piece chambers an improvement over single piece design? I suppose KISS and IWDFWI do apply.

Edit: I guess what I'm asking is does any maker have a distinct advantage, gained by playing with things like air diffusers and chamber shape and size to lessen or eliminate stirring. While at the same time making loading / unloading and cleaning easier via 2 piece.

Rebus Canebus,

max

Out to lunch
The DBV and SSV wands are called 'quick change' wands. Supposed to be easier to change the screen. I can verify the standard SSV's screen changing is a lot easier than on some others. The DBV isn't as easy. The bowl is narrower. I'd rather have the simple 7th Floor wand than a two piece. The glass is high quality and I just don't like messing with two sections. If you're interested in a two piece design, I'd check with Vaporstore.

max,

Rebus Canebus

max said:
The DBV and SSV wands are called 'quick change' wands. Supposed to be easier to change the screen. I can verify the standard SSV's screen changing is a lot easier than on some others. The DBV isn't as easy. The bowl is narrower. I'd rather have the simple 7th Floor wand than a two piece. The glass is high quality and I just don't like messing with two sections. If you're interested in a two piece design, I'd check with Vaporstore.
Thanks Max, I'm probably just over thinking this. No need to over engineer. It's simple, durable, and it works.

Rebus Canebus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom