VAS need suggestions

Farid

It should also be said, in case you aren't aware - the cap clicks twice. Make sure you heat long enough to get two clicks.

Also, if heating from cold you can go past the click a tiny bit, but if you're on your second heat cycle be careful, and respect the click more.

I find the best way to go about dialing things in is to first try and get consistent results, so you understand the variables, then change one variable at a time.

Also, with a Titanium tip, the heat is gained and lost quickly, so make sure you hit it as soon as you're done heating it, don't delay. With Stainless you have more ability to delay, but it also takes longer to heat and cool.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyways, I see you are a J hook/Glass guy. Can you give me any specific model of stem besides a WPA that you would recommend worth the money? Just a straight maybe longer than the standard 55mm stem that would provide similar cooling as that stem with the CU? I just don't think I have the need for a J hook after looking on GVB. The straight style on that website seems more my style just don't care for a teddy bear hanging off the side. I think I will steer clear of glass filters after your comments. I actually have some SS filters that I cut myself that I use in my TM2. They are free because I got some gutter guards put on my house that have SS fine mesh. The installer gave me a long piece of SS mesh I just cut it down to size and actually use my DV to shape it to form fit the glass! Beats having to fight with the small mesh screen in the CU!

Nothing specific, there are a lot of options now, I like the U-turn stem, I like to keep my TM upside down, and the bend is perfect for cooling, great airflow and ergonomics

If you are just looking for a straight stem, pick whatever one you like, length etc, the longer and more involved it is, the more coolant, also depends what kind of mouthpiece you might like... You don't have to get something fancy with color or outer attachment, I'll remind him to make more clear stems available next time

True, they are hand made pieces. Guess I just didn't want to spend over $30-40 USD on a stem as that seems excessive after that, but if it's worth it I will pony up. Any links or exact models you could recommend that don't need the CU and still have decent cooling, straight glass no hooks etc?

Yeah it is worth it, but there are so many different ones: good vibes boro, high artisan, pyrohightech, hookahheadmd, rogue wax works, 420edc has some too now (more mass produced style don't think handmade) there are a lot of variables in the design differences so you'll have to decide what you want to try

Do aftermarket stems/WPA replace the mouthpiece?

Roffu? Yes, stock WPA, JoDa WPA also replaces the chamber (stem style, he could make a cooling stem too)

I think the roffu would interest me more than the v3 pro

I agree I think it is probably preferable for you to go with TM although stock set up vapor quality not quite as good as v3p (since that one has a full ceramic cooling pathway inside mouthpiece)

leaning toward a roffu/AVLP/firewood

Yeah Roffu for the budget backup, FW9 for the high end artisan complimentary play

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That stem is very small but has a cooling "spiral" or something in the mouthpiece right? Do aftermarket stems/WPA replace the mouthpiece? Is that SS spring standard now to replace the O ring?
Cooling unit has a Zirconia cooling spiral that works a treat, seen here with over 600 puffs without cleaning, the Roffu is a very low-maintenance tool,
Roffu-Airflow-box-001.jpg

1657084083053-jpg.44977

Aftermarket stems and OEM WPA available and easy to adapt, I like to mount these directly above the oven to remove the silicone from the vapor path(apart from the seal),
1670217624361-png.42616

The S/S spring retainer was implemented many months ago and you may find one in a headshop(new old stock) somewhere but not from XVAPE anymore.:tup:
Edit, I would recommend getting a Wand for your DVs as it got me using my DVs again.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give an update.

I have not purchased anything. Still browsing and messing around with what I have (TM2 & DV Omni). Got the omni back out and gave it a good ISO clean to ensure there was nothing leftover from combusting. Went to fire it up and my small torch was out of butane, so I pulled out the large torch. When I stuck to 2 or 3 hits from a "bowl" it was flavorful and got me where I wanted to be. I honestly think the effects are very different from the DV compared to TM2 and maybe I didn't notice that before. I wanted a daytime little chill so I thought lets get the omni out and use it, was pleasantly surprised at one pack of it and the overall body effect I got from it (Seems great for microdosing). Later on in the evening I ran 2 packs of the bowl back to back and was good to go for a while. I think my expectations were a bit high before expecting 5 hits or more from it is unrealistic. I also do like the bigger torch, mainly because it's faster/easier to get to the click(s).

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing tips and opinions. VAS is definitely a thing. As I am still "researching" for new devices/stems etc. I almost wish I would have rather got a stunner or something over a dynavap, I think a larger bowl would be awesome on it now that I understand my use of it. With some more use of the omni, I might have to keep my eye on the tempest and some others.

Either way I am going to keep the omni. As I have not even used it outside where I thought it would be perfect for use. Only problem with this is I guess I need to go back to the small torch and see if I can replicate what I did before. As the large torch would be a PITA to carry around for the purpose I got the omni for.

Thanks,
PG

Top Bottom