Vaporizing and healing

Davdoc

Hello, I am a new user here. I switched to vaporizing (Da buddah) about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am 19, 5'5" roughly, and only weigh around 120 - 125 lbs. I started smoking about 2 1/2 years ago. I would smoke frequently for the first year, maybe about 1/8 a week, varying drastically depending on what i could get and how much. After that, i got a job and smoked much more, around an ounce or two a month. I quit due to feeling tired, unmotivated, sluggish, cloudy, and running out of breath and energy after only running up a flight of stairs.

About a week before i received and used my new vape, i was hacking up nasty green, yellow and tan mucus and had a raspy, nasty cough. I'm not sure if it was from smoking, but it went away. I heard that i would be hacking up this nasty stuff once i switched to vaping, but i haven't. I mean, i feel phlegm in my throat, and its a bit annoying, sometimes irritating, but its just clear, sometimes slightly thicker and darker. My girlfriend, pretty much smoking as long as i have and switched to the same vape i did, is now coughing and hacking up the green, yellow and tan mucus, sometimes even with these little black dots in it that i believe might be some of the tar/ build up from smoking.

Is all of this normal? I'm only asking because i really hoped for healthier lungs. I'm starting to feel much more energetic and able to breath, but i still feel slight chest tightness (not sever, but as if there's mucus just sitting in there or something). It's like that "goop" from smoking all those years is just dying to get coughed up, but its not happening as drastically as i might have thought... My girlfriend, however seems to be hacking up a storm though! Any help or advice?

(By the way, since I've started vaping, i have been vaping about a quarter (7g) a week, usually having ~1g left over. So i do vape around a gram a day. I would crank the knob to around 12 - 2 o' clock the first week, but gradually turned it down to 10 - 11 o' clock once i got used to the vapor's smoothness.)

Davdoc,

AdmiralAlpacha

I never made the switch from smoking to vaping so I can't really help in that aspect. However, due to my lung condition I do airway clearance three times a day. If you feel like you may have goop in your lungs that won't come out you may want to try looking up airway clearance techniques. Most of the ones I use require special machines but their are some very basic techniques that don't require anything such as the "Huff Cough".

Everyone's body is different so you might have to experiment to find out what is happening with yours. It may be your body was naturally better at keeping your lungs clean along the way and that is why you aren't experiencing it now. Or it may be that they are worse and your lungs need a little help (ie airway clearance) to rid your body of that junk.

I would try some basic coughing techniques and maybe even try some mucinex for a couple days if you feel really goopy.

Or you might simply just need some more time.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom