Vapor taste question

OC513

Dabaholic
Ok so as I mentioned in another thread I have a Kustom Kia and my friend has a DBV.......both have ground glass 18.8 whips so they are interchangeable.....we usually bring our whips to each others place and use them so we don't have to pass whips. Whether I use my whip on my KK or his DBV it hits the same......he uses his whip on both and agrees they hit the same........So the other day he left his whip here and I decided to play with it..........the DBV whip has a considerably bigger diameter hose than my KK whip (maybe 50-100% larger!) I noticed that when hitting from his DBV whip the vapor does not taste as flavorful as it does from my KK whip with the smaller diameter tubing. I also notice that I need to pack MUCH more (about double) into the DBV whip to get the same 5 hits I get from my KK whip. So I guess my question, to you wise sages on this board, does whip tube diameter matter in taste and efficiency? It would seem to me it does indeed. I guess with my thinner tubing there is less air in the vapor??? More concentrated vapor thru the thinner tubing? And I would venture to say that tube diameter effects efficiency as well? Anyone have any thoughts/answers?

OC513,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
off the top of my head ... the larger diameter tubing has more surface area to collect condensed vapor and trap THC. Here's a test, which whip is "dirtier" inside?

Hippie Dickie,

OC513

Dabaholic
Thanks for the response. Well his DBV whip is dirtier but this has to do with the fact I harvest the wand and tube hash by cleaning regularly......also he smokes about 50% more than I do.....he smokes all day while I only smoke after work on weekdays.....altho I do wake & bake on weekends :brow: So I do not think dirtier would factor in.

OC513,

marcuss

above the clouds
Tube's diameter can affects the air/vapor ratio with a more concentrated vapor but not the taste IMO.
I've got a DBV, a SSV and an Extreme.The E's tube is ways smaller than the DBV/SSV one but i don't see big differences in taste between the units.About smaller tubes and a more efficent vaporization can make sense to me!

I'm happy you enjoy your vaporizer...there is not so much positive comments on the net about this unit and your comparision with the honorable DBV is like a big news to me.

marcuss,

OC513

Dabaholic
marcuss said:
Tube's diameter can affects the air/vapor ratio with a more concentrated vapor but not the taste IMO.
I've got a DBV, a SSV and an Extreme.The E's tube is ways smaller than the DBV/SSV one but i don't see big differences in taste between the units.About smaller tubes and a more efficent vaporization can make sense to me!

I'm happy you enjoy your vaporizer...there is not so much positive comments on the net about this unit and your comparision with the honorable DBV is like a big news to me.
Thanks for the response. I certainly am starting to see more and more that a thinner tube diameter helps efficiency.
I think the bad reviews are for the regular Kia......which does not have heat control.....it is fixed heat(supposedly set at 365F). My Kia Kustom has heat control like the DBV, it has a GonG hands free connection (18.8), ceramic heating element, all glass vapor path and hits like a monster. I think the bad reviews, at least the ones I have read, have to do with the manufacturer recommending not using a screen in the wand. This leads to eating your herbs.....NOT cool. I use a 5/8'' screen (same size as DBV and SSV) and it works PERFECTLY.

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Not trying to be a stickler here but hard to say "all glass vapor path" when there is a whip involved

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
stonemonkey55 said:
Not trying to be a stickler here but hard to say "all glass vapor path" when there is a whip involved
Agreed.....it seems to be more a buzz worthy or marketing term.......but it is a ceramic heater encapsulated in glass.....into a ground GonG connection......what is referred to as an "all glass vapor path".....but of course it then goes thru the whip.......on the Kia they have an option for platinum cured silicone tubing which is what I use.

*********I do want to say that I do not work for, nor am I affiliated in any way with Kia. It was given to me as a gift and I have used MANY vapes b4........SSV, DBV, Volcano, Vapor Bros.......just to name a few and I LOVE the Kia Kustom. I had MANY questions about it when received so I called the company and the owner (Mio) picked up....he is a glass blower in New Mexico and could not have been nicer....he builds them himself......imo well made. Here is some info about Kia:

The Kia Vaporizer contains the highest quality element known to man. Our element is a ceramic encapsulated module, designed to separate electronics from the inhalation chamber. This provides the safest means possible for vaporizing and inhaling your vapors. The Kia Vaporizer uses .999 pure silver solder and NO lead. This is a huge factor to consider if youre vaporizing for health. Lead is poison!!

The original Kia Vaporizer is set at 356 F for an optimal temperature for vaporizing.

For our customers that prefer total temperature control, our "Kustom" Kia Vaporizer allows temperature control from 0 450 F.

Additionally, The Kia Vaporizer contains the highest quality borosilicate glass made by Pyrex. This is medical and pharmaceutical grade glass; the most durable glass available. We also offer an upgrade to a Platinum cured medical grade silicon hose.

All of our Vaporizers come standard with a removable power cord.

We also offer an upgrade to an in-line carbon filter. This filter reduces tar without affecting the quality.

OC513,
Top Bottom