Vapolicx Magnetic Induction Heater

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I want to introduce a new factory made induction heater by NearDark gmbh also known as BlackLeaf. I dont know if it will be good to use with the Dynavap,since it is made for their knockoff model (which has an awesome tip and screen btw,that can be used with real dyna cap). Also it has 15 seconds timer and it looks like it need two cycles to get it going , Maybe can be useful with Hippie pipe which is actually ,just a re-brand /multi brand is available for cheap under other brand names and in chinese shops too.
1612682995013.png
1612683033076.png

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I like it! Looks pretty solid. Would love to put some metrics against it.
Can't have too many induction heaters!

TommyDee,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I like it! Looks pretty solid. Would love to put some metrics against it.
Can't have too many induction heaters!
I wonder if it needs two cycles with the dynavap or just with the vapolicx. Maybe we can ask @Dreamwood since they have it in stock ?
The main deal breaker is that i hate tactile switches. That big shiny button is on/off switch .It's 2021 cant we have motion/photo sensor activated,its dirt cheap technology ? ?

chillmike

I wonder if it needs two cycles with the dynavap or just with the vapolicx. Maybe we can ask @Dreamwood since they have it in stock ?
The main deal breaker is that i hate tactile switches. That big shiny button is on/off switch .It's 2021 cant we have motion/photo sensor activated,its dirt cheap technology ? ?
well - there is an argument to go against sensors sometimes, due to the possibilities of errors or the sensor not working/crapping out... momentary switches are much more reliable, and also can be more precise/efficient for user-controlled heating engagement.... when sensors work perfectly, they're great; but they have much more potential to fail or have issues than momentary switches.... hell; the best performing, most reliable ih's on the market have them - Koilboi and VHB (VapHotBox), among many more. just putting what you said into perspective....

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I am not as worried about sensors crapping out but sensors like the Orion are a pain in the ass. That delay between ingress of the vapcap and the time it actually starts heating really doesn't allow for sip&dip very well. I like dropping into a hot heater and start counting. I don't know what it is, but Orion just didn't 'click' for me with this massive delay.

on the other hand, the Wand's sensor on has a few milliseconds of delay and hardly worth mention. Sip&dip is comfortable and consistent. Plus you get two options - button operated or sensor operated. I love the functionality of the Wand a lot where the Orion simply fell flat.

I have 2 Fluxer Flites. One with a momentary switch and one with the CaS. My DD is the Cap as Switch solution and it works great. I've always been a fan of a remote momentary switch but sensor response is a real measure for usability if you go for auto-detect.

All Orion-cloned circuits can be detected by this massive delay in firing when the VC is inserted. I agree - untenable in my daily med sessions.

Top Bottom