Vaping/Smoking

cobra505

Defined
So I got got 4 vapes. 1 Da Buddha, 2 Focus's, 1 Vapcap. I really like the Focus's except for one small issue. The damn things just don't get me high, and I can't figure it out. I got 2 of these so it's not the units themselves. I've tried different heat settings. I mean don't get me wrong, if you have a Focus you know they got the dry herb pods and I consider them a pain in the ass but a necessity. But if I'm going to get high well I better have more that one pod on me. So to compare. I can have the same weed, and use the Buddha, no problem. Fill the Vapcap x 2 no problem. Now not really sure about the Vapcap and how much weed it stores in comparison to the pods in the Focus but I do know 2 fills from the Vapcap gets me higher than 2 pods from the Focus. And again I've tried all the way from 370 to 430, only difference is on the higher temps the lungs have a hard time, so any help guys would be appreciated, cobra505.

cobra505,

blackstone

Happy holidays cobra,
I don't own a Focus but what you're describing reminds me of some results that I got from wayward experiments of placing various things in the bowl of my Mighty vape to find my favorite way.
Were you saying that with a Focus you only use the pods, not the original bowl?
Because it could be the metal mass of the pods, or their effect on temperature or airflow around or through the load that is reducing performance?

Your results sound similar to what i got from too much metal mass added, messed up airflow, or moving the load so high in the bowl that only a bare amount of convection can take place. Or some other metallic tasting phenomenon!
Some of the stainless steel type pods might be afterthoughts and less than perfect. While some more successful pod systems now (S&B) are thin alloy and don't seem to steal much heat or performance.
Even at that, it can be hard to truly match the "OG" bowl in some vapes, with a pod of any description.
I think around here they call it, to use the vape or bowl "natively"

You might have to decide on (slightly) dirtying up one of those Focus bowls to find out??

Another thing I notice is that outdoors in general, performance can be reduced and loads might need to be upped.
Wonder if any issue lies in where you use each vape?

blackstone,

cobra505

Defined
Ya the pods are the original ones that came with the units. Funny thing thought. Since the writing of this I ordered 5 more from PuffitUp. They came in Xmas eve. So I've got a tray and I'm cleaning out a bunch of old ones and their mixed with the new ones. Filling them all up, go to screw on the covers, think I'm going crazy cover won't screw on. Turns out the new pods are different. So you might be on to something. Really don't won't to use the unit with no pods thought. There really is no way to clean it. Could probably do a couple of pulls just as a test, at least I'd know. Thanks for the insight "Blackstone", Cobra505.

cobra505,
Top Bottom