Vaping Effecting my Edible Experiences

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
I use the mflb on a daily basis and pack it at least 5 or 6 times. Lately every-time i eat edibles (different edible, dosage, and cooking method each time) i don't get a head high at all but a moderate to strong body high. I was wondering if head high tolerance and body high tolerance go up or down at different rates. Are they even two separate things? is the mflb the cause of this? ( i nearly conclude this because the mflb delivers a strong head high

NotPotRelated,

luchiano

Sounds like you just have a real low amount of receptors in your brain from eating and vaping so much. Your skin can handle way more cannabis than you're brain can because it's such a large organ and will have more receptors than your brain will. This is probably why you feel the body high more now, instead of a lot of it going to your brain to get absorbed, which it can't due to a low amount of receptors, it just goes where the blood is flowing and that is your skin because it has cb1/cb2 receptors also which gets the cannabinoids from the lymphatic system that absorbs the fats with the cannabinoids in it and distribute it around the body but mostly the skin and this accounts for the "body high".

luchiano,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
no offense, but i'm not sure if the explanation that luchiano gave is the most accurate. I have a BS in Health Sciences and a minor in psychology as well as biology so i've learned my fair share about the human body, including a drugs & behavior course taught by a neuropsychological researcher who has written several books. respectfully, i am not trying to brag but more or less to show i have formal knowledge on the subject and would like to spread it.

it is indeed your vaporizer has increased your tolerance to cannabis. the brain contains two main cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2 receptors. when you use cannabis, in the early stages, you saturate the receptors with cannabinoids to the point where all the receptors will be full and there will be excess cannabinoids from the cannabis you ingested. the receptors when saturated produce the psychoactive effects of cannabis. however, with repeated dosing, your brain will produce more cannabinoid receptors in order to meet the chronic amount of cannaboids entering the body. with more receptors, you will need to ingest more usual to produce previous results and to get 'as high'.

now when it comes to head high vs. body high i can make my educated assumption on the matter. in cannabis there are 60+ different types of cannabinoids that have their effects on the body. some of these you can attribute to a 'head high' which would be the cannabinoids that vaporizer at a lower temperature and the others you can attribute to a 'body high' which would be cannabinoids that vaporize at higher temperatures. it seems that your tolerance has increased more so for the 'head high' type of cannabinoids as compared to your tolerance for 'body high' cannabinoids. this is probably why you are feeling more of a 'body high' than a 'head high'.

hopes this helps and again i don't mean to insult luchiano with my explanation of your situation. :peace:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

luchiano

HighlyEducatedScholar, I didn't take it as an insult.

First, in the case of cannabinoid saturation you are wrong. When there is more cannabinoids than the body can handle it will make LESS receptors(this is called down-regulation)which in turn means your body will send the rest of the cannabinoids to the liver, kidneys, and intestines to be detoxified & excreted while some goes to the fat cells to be stored. Also, the metabolites play a role in raising your tolerance which is why having a healthy liver and eating a lot of green leafy vegetables as well as brocolli helps keep your tolerance low because these foods helps your liver make enzymes that detoxify chemicals. Exercising to the point where you sweat also helps as this helps you get rid of the metabolites. Eating a lot of fiber, specifically soluble fiber, also helps as well because this speeds up excretion and it attaches to fat and bile easily which means your body will use it's stored fat to make more bile and being that some the cannabinoids are stored in the fat cells it will go along with the fat which means less metabolites to be made which means your tolerance will be lowered.

Having too much of a substance than your body can handle and lowering your tolerance is why drug addicts need the drugs just to be "normal", it's because they lowered their receptors so much by excessive use that they are worse than they were when they never used drugs and need the drugs to release chemicals in the brain to attach the little receptors they have to feel "normal". The don't get high anymore.

Second, yes different substances in cannabis do have different "highs" but your method of ingestion will go towards one more than the other due to how the body works. You will get more of a" body high" due to the explanation I gave and more of a "head high" due to bypassing the liver as well as the intestines which means the cannabinoids are not really getting contact with the lympathic system and therefore only have a few places to go and the brain is the major one while the other organs are secondary due to the cannabinoids traveling throughout the body.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=24471

Downregulation: Reduction in the number of receptors on the surface of target cells, making the cells less sensitive to a hormone or another agent.

Here's an example using insulin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downregulation_and_upregulation
The process of downregulation occurs when there are elevated levels of the hormone insulin in the blood.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3032669
A major metabolite of delta 1-tetrahydrocannabinol reduces its cataleptic effect in mice.

Abstract

The results described here demonstrate that THC-induced catalepsy in mice can be substantially inhibited by the prior administration of delta 1-THC-7-oic acid, the major metabolite of THC in most species including humans. This raises the possibility that the intensity and duration of action of THC may depend to a large degree on the levels of this metabolite at the sites of action.

Here's a thread where I discussed this more:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tolerance-tips.2876/

luchiano,
Reactions: vape4life

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i apologize, you are correct in the instance of LESS receptors with increased tolerance luchiano. must've confused this process with another while taking that course. maybe that's why i got an A- for the course instead of an A... :p

regardless, good catch luchiano :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

luchiano

Thanks!.

I also forgot to mention that you should do some walking when you're high from eating and right before you puff on you mflb. This will help more blood flow to your brain and allow some cannabinoids to get to your brain as well as help you get rid of some of the excess cannabinoids if you do it daily which helps keep you tolerance form getting too high. Engaging in stimulating conversation, reading, playing a challenging game or having sex also helps as these are brain stimulating. In other words don't just sit around.

Drinking some tea can help as this will increase some dopamine release and direct some blood to the brain. Just make sure you don't put milk into it as this negates the positive effects. Eating fruit helps also because the sugar helps release some dopamine also as well as it has some nutrients that can enhance the high.

If you have some concentrate I think that is what you may want to look into cooking with if you want a major head high also because I suspect the amino acids in the bud play a big part in the relaxed high you get from bud. You can get it from hash too but that is dependent on the strain and the age whereas with bud it isn't as much.

Lastly, make sure you don't cook your herb too much as this will degrade the thc into cbn and give the lethargic feeling. Just get an avocado, crush it up and mix some lemon juice and the herb in it and eat it on a sandwich or some chips and this should also help with prevent not getting a good head high. You can also eat around 2-3 ounces of some sort of nuts or seeds and then ingest the herb with some juice or water to down it and sit back and enjoy the ride. One of the reason why these two foods work is because they have vitamin b6 in them as well as fat and fiber. The B6 helps the decarboxylation process so you don't have to cook to get the effects. You can take a b6 pill to get a little more b6 than what's in the avocado or nuts or you can eat some leafy green vegetable like spinach just make sure you saute and don't boil it as this will lower the nutrient amount. Eating some protein rich foods will also help as they will help you make more dopamine which is energetic. I do this but in the daytime and at night I eat more carbohydrate rich foods and low protein foods so I can relax and have a real deep sleep. Have fun.

luchiano,
Top Bottom