Vaping - a lazy man's perspective

SimonC

Until recently, I didn't vape much. I'm not going to lie; I LOVE to smoke. Vaping was always a secondary measure. Since acquiring a DBV, however, vaping is now the primary delivery method. Well, that and eatables, but not for the reasons one might think. It's just sooo easy. I have several stainless, screened storage containers that are essentially the lower portions of Cosmic Medium (4-piece) grinders. I grind several grams of a given strain into each container, grab the DBV , tune in Top Gear and plant myself on the couch. The product in the vape gets stirred once in a while and that's about it for physical effort. Though I still prefer the stone from smoking, the ease of use and ingestion points me to the vape (almost) every time.

Simon

SimonC,

lwien

Really? I hardly ever smoke anymore, but not because of ease of vape use, for imho, nothing could be easier than rolling and smoking a joint or packing and smoking from a glass spoon. To me, even a vape as simple to use as a PD, takes a bit more effort than a J or a glass pipe. A whip based vape like a DBV would take even more effort. But really, none of these vaping or smoking devices take very much effort at all, but if I was so lazy or so incapacitated so as not to want to move much or think much, and ease of ingestion was my primary concern, give me a J or a glass pipe.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Iwien wrote:

if I was so lazy or so incapacitated so as not to want to move much or think much, and ease of ingestion was my primary concern, give me a J or a glass pipe.
I agree. I also find it takes more time to vape. However, now that I have started vaping, the taste of smoking is so awful to me that it totally turns me off. Plus, my lungs feel like they are on fire with smoking now. And that is after smoking for 40+ years!:2c:

So, a nice, leisurely vape is the ticket as far as I'm concerned.

momofthegoons,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I never could roll a J to save my life, so for me a stone pipe was easiest, but like others I find vaping easier on my body and also more mobile because there is no glorious tell tale aroma of herb after it has been combusted.

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

tdavie said:
I never could roll a J to save my life.......
Decades of practice here....;). I haven't rolled a joint in 20 years, but one of my sons came over a few days ago and asked if I could roll him a joint because he couldn't roll good ones either, so I thought, sure, I'll give it a shot. Just like riding a bike. Rolled up the first one.............perfectly. :)

lwien,

SimonC

Yea, I can twist a joint in a heartbeat, but it's my second least favorite delivery method next to a pipe. For me, both are hot on the throat, not as smooth overall, and show a marked decrease in taste after a few draws. I prefer small, single hits (ie. snappers) from a clean glass bong - very smooth and flavorful - but not as easy as stretching out and grabbing the mouthpiece of a whip.

Simon

SimonC,

BillieBudd

lwien..
I hope you are passing on the skills to the youngster...it may well become one of the "forgotten arts." Nothing I've ever rolled was worth a damn, even with a rolling machine.

Vaping does take a bit more effort than loading a pipe, but on the other hand, I don't have to step outdoors since I'd rather not answer the door with the house redolent of Sweet Sativa...
And the health benefits, as noted, are worth any extra efforts...

BillieBudd,

lwien

BillieBudd said:
lwien..
I hope you are passing on the skills to the youngster...it may well become one of the "forgotten arts." Nothing I've ever rolled was worth a damn, even with a rolling machine.
Yeah. Youngsters at 28. But I guess it's all relative. I showed him how it's done, but I doubt he'll practice enough to get it down. Back in the late 60's, early 70's, it was a necessity. Now, I think it's just a luxury. ;)

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I only started smoking when I was 24 and couldn't roll J's. Now, 25 years later I still can't roll. When I was younger, I'd ask my friends if they would roll for me, and let em take 1 out of every 4 for their troubles. Now I dry the stuff bone dry, run it through a grinder and then fire it up in a vaporizer. Ah, for me it is easy (and I suppose lazy) just to use a vape.

I'm glad we got em and that they work.

Tom

tdavie,

Qbit

cannabanana
BillieBudd said:
Vaping does take a bit more effort than loading a pipe,
Not with a Launch Box. It's as easy as a combustion pipe and far more convenient - you can hit it virtually anywhere.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
momofthegoons said:
Wow, it's pretty sad when rolling a doob is a lost art! Ahhhh....technology.:lol:
Yeah I never got any good at rolling spliffs till I started to phase out my smoking. :/

Qbit,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Holy crap.... I could roll like they came off a machine I did so many over the decades. Don't do that anymore though....even gave away my case o' papers :D

Lo,

Raf007

Retailer
+ 10 !
C'mon you can't be serious about weed if you don't know how to roll a joint :D

I don't want to be the bragging frenchy (but I will, sorry),but since I'm 15 and I was training with tobacco during lunch break, I'm a pro when it comes to rolling lol, fast and perfect, i even roll when I walk, or with one hand and my beard.
With or without a filter, 1,2,3,4 .... up to 20 rolling papers joint, (I was young at this time), tulip, morocco, dual filtars, pipe filter, name it, i can roll anything.

But

ImHo, I don't find that "if I was so lazy or so incapacitated so as not to want to move much or think much, and ease of ingestion was my primary concern, give me a J or a glass pipe."

The hassle of the ashtray and ashes is so big. With a joint on a coach, how many times did i spilled, lost, looked for my ashtray, and how many times my GF had complain about those little "loose, flying ashes" that ended up on the coach.
+ where is my lighter ??:o under me, next to me, on the ground....:brow:

Raf007,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Man that is one thing I don't miss... ASHTRAYS!! Flying ash! Love not having that stuff around anymore. Not carrying a lighter after so many years of having one at all times. I love my new vaping way of life!! Why didn't someone turn me on to this decades ago :D

Lo,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lo said:
I love my new vaping way of life!! Why didn't someone turn me on to this decades ago :D
Because they didn't exist in the same capacity decades ago.

I can say I am an expert roller. I owned a rolling paper company for 10 years and I had a fair amount of practice. hehe I haven't rolled a J in 6 months since I have been vaping exclusive.

Bruce@Zephyr,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i combusted one time last week just to see if i missed it.

nope. don't miss it.

SSS,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I can thank vaping for getting me out of rolling Joints. In my group of friends I was the lowest on the totem pole and was relegated to breaking up the herb and rolling them up. Which I sucked at. Never got good at it. Eventually I was only allowed to break up and clean the herb.
But since we all started vaping ... I still haven't learned to roll one.
I decided to smoke a bowl of some good grade that I have last week, haven't smoke in over a year. Boy, did that cause a whole lot of hurt. My lungs could not take it.

DevoTheStrange,

albe

i miss rolling j's myself but now the taste is just awful
and being adjusted now to vaping there's a whole new ritual i like and kinda prefer. The whole idea of having some fresh weed, and slowly working it from bowl to bowl. Rather than just burning it which now seems like such a waste.

albe,
Yes, I will admit that packing a bowl seems easier, but for me it isn't. I would have to find somewhere outside of the house to smoke it, or go for a drive. Now that I vape, I can do it inside without any worries. I could never roll joints too well at all, but when it comes to blunts, I am the blunt master! Lol, I don't think I'll roll another one of those, unless I'm at a party, and it's with someone else's stash. Oh, and once I have my medicine properly prepared, it takes me almost no time to load up my WDZ, and get vaked. I'd say it takes the same, maybe less time to do that than it would be to combust a bowl. There's my :2c: - S.L.

SkeletonLips,

THC

Daft Vapour
SimonC said:
Until recently, I didn't vape much. I'm not going to lie; I LOVE to smoke. Vaping was always a secondary measure. Since acquiring a DBV, however, vaping is now the primary delivery method. Well, that and eatables, but not for the reasons one might think. It's just sooo easy. I have several stainless, screened storage containers that are essentially the lower portions of Cosmic Medium (4-piece) grinders. I grind several grams of a given strain into each container, grab the DBV , tune in Top Gear and plant myself on the couch. The product in the vape gets stirred once in a while and that's about it for physical effort. Though I still prefer the stone from smoking, the ease of use and ingestion points me to the vape (almost) every time.

Simon
Try a De Verdamper you sound like how i was when i was on the blunt and the SSV serious TRY IT lol Now I don't even have to roll a joint or light a bowl lol!!! I lazier than you nananana hehe no seriously if you get the chance push old ladies out the way to try it ;)

THC,
Top Bottom