Vaphit Quartz Cap -

warren0728

so my vaphit x showed up today ... it's heavier than i expected ...

for those of you that have one ... is there a special place where the glass star goes that's in with the balls? does it go in last?

looking forward to giving this thing a try!

warren0728,
Reactions: UhuM

UhuM

for those of you that have one ... is there a special place where the glass star goes that's in with the balls? does it go in last?

I didn't even used all the balls (nor the star) 😄.

First impressions:
The X is really quite heavy and as I was cleaning the stem a noticed a rather rough inner surface. I'm thinking of polishing it. Outside finish is really nice.
The thicker quartz caps don't fit the YLL IH 2.0/Cuboo Heater 2.0, but the thinner ones of the QNA will. I've tried the tip with adding the perforated Dynacap. This sorta worked, but the results weren't that satisfying. But there's a learning curve and I yet have to try it with a torch...
With the Convector-Head the results where better - after 3 times not getting anything 😄. By I think this combination is a nice one, since I didn't want the quadbore and stem for the asking price.

The QNA glasstem is not straight and I didn't used it yet. I don't if want to use it, but at least I got the smaller cap, that fit the IH and spare parts...

UhuM,

bobetsky

The star is for the tip side, when balls get sticky they can block the airflow while the star don't

im not a robot

ahhh cool ... thanks for the info ... i'm gonna give this thing a try today!
i am curious to hear how you like it, i still have not gotten around to trying mine. but i have been travelling & dont have it on me. i am really happy using the hula stem so far, seems a good compromise between cooling & taste for me, but maybe i should broaden my horizon and look more into other stem options.
i dropped my vaphit today, strolling on a pretty soft sandy path. the glass cracked & i had little splinters in the oven. so i guess i am throwing this one out, and figuring out now how easy it is to procure replacement caps.
apart from this misfortune, i am just really happy with the vaphit. i have gotten around to hash by now, and yes it works real nice. it doesnt seem to matter what goes in there, and in what consistency, it works and so well. i am getting pretty good taste now out of it as well.
the bamboo tweezers are not that great. but i think thats the only criticism i can really come up with atm.

warren0728

i am curious to hear how you like it, i still have not gotten around to trying mine. but i have been travelling & dont have it on me. i am really happy using the hula stem so far, seems a good compromise between cooling & taste for me, but maybe i should broaden my horizon and look more into other stem options.
i dropped my vaphit today, strolling on a pretty soft sandy path. the glass cracked & i had little splinters in the oven. so i guess i am throwing this one out, and figuring out now how easy it is to procure replacement caps.
apart from this misfortune, i am just really happy with the vaphit. i have gotten around to hash by now, and yes it works real nice. it doesnt seem to matter what goes in there, and in what consistency, it works and so well. i am getting pretty good taste now out of it as well.
the bamboo tweezers are not that great. but i think thats the only criticism i can really come up with atm.
yeah i have the standard vaphit with both the 14mm stem and the dimpled stem and really love them ... looking forward to comparing them with the x.

as for the bamboo tongs ... yeah they are almost useless ... one of my best and cheapest buys for vaping was a leather decapper ... works with my dynavap's, convectors and vaphits! better than tongs, better than magnets ....

leather-decapper.jpg

im not a robot

figuring out now how easy it is to procure replacement caps.
not so easy it seems. i cannot order from the vaphit store as i dont have a mastercard, and i cannot order from aliexpress as they dont ship to germany it seems. argh. i contacted la lacentrale vapeur whether they can order replacement caps for me, lets see.
vaphit & me had lots of fun, but i cannot justify buying a whole new kit b/c a cap broke. this is sad. :(

Last edited:
im not a robot,

UhuM

not so easy it seems. i cannot order from the vaphit store as i dont have a mastercard, and i cannot order from aliexpress as they dont ship to germany it seems. argh. i contacted la lacentrale vapeur whether they can order replacement caps for me, lets see.
vaphit & me had lots of fun, but i cannot justify buying a whole new kit b/c a cap broke. this is sad. :(
What cap do you need? Maybe i could spare one.

Caltrops12

Anti-Antispiralist
Long time lurker here, I just picked up my first butane (vaphit with the standard stem) to complement my Air SE and it's been great so far. One small issue though: Even though the broad sentiment is that butane vapcaps are stronger extractors than most sub-200 battery portables, I'm struggling to get those potent effects or even effects as strong as the SE natively.

What's the best technique for getting the most of this device as possible? I'm currently using dispensr's advanced dyna guide for OHE , heating it from the tip of the cap as per Timps27's recommendation, and leaving a little room at the top like Dee Based said, but regardless of if the bowl is combusted, spent, or lighter than I'd like after a heat cycle or three the effects have felt a lot more fleeting and mellow than I'd have hoped for. Any help is of course much obliged.

Caltrops12,
Reactions: coolbreeze

im not a robot

What's the best technique for getting the most of this device as possible?
still figuring this out myself, but what i have settled on for the moment is counting ca. 22+ seconds, with a single vapman torch. an orange glow will start to be visible locally after ca 10 secs for me and starts engulfing the cap in the last couple of secs. i usually heat somewhere midway between the tip & the holes. since this is mostly convection, what is different compared to dynavap is that the first draw is almost always pretty wispy - but dont reheat it yet, instead give it 1-2 more draws, the heat comes with the hot air you draw in. the slower you draw, the more vapour it should produce. i only nearly combusted once the first time i used it, thinking it was not hot enough yet. hope this helps. i actually find it pretty consistent and easy to use now.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Also, as I’ve noted before the standard cap ‘zones’ we are familiar with in Dyna style devices are inverted. I find if you use a set amount of heat time at the air holes you get tasty light roast, use the same heat/time and move it up to low-mid bowl and you get dark roast.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Mine arrived today. I got the 42% off deal on the vaphit X kit. Total delivered less than £24.

I am quite amazed at how much stuff they give you in the kit. Everything feels quality, not cheap at all.

The metal stem is really thick. If anything it feels a little over engineered. You could probably drive over it without any damage. The quality of the tip seems on par with a dynavap tip.

I wont get to try this till later in the week, so this is purely my unboxing impressions. Even if i paid full price, this feels like something worth a lot more money.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
So back to back, the X vs the OG, I reckon the X is much smoother - with significantly less tickle than the original. That said, I am using the X metal body (with a carb and balls) up against the OG in a glass WPA, both through an FC-199 with water. I am not convinced there's a huge difference in the heat-up time of the two caps (at least not when using the big blazer lol) but it feels like it has a wider margin of error than the OG. @Rodney - I'm heating with a single vapman style torch set at max, and by the time the whole of the mid section of the cap glows orange, that's about when for me. Perhaps with the addition of the carb (and greater airflow in and through the tip) it's just easier not to overheat. And maybe this is why I think the flavour is slightly muted too. Anyway. Hugely worth while.

Caltrops12

Anti-Antispiralist
still figuring this out myself, but what i have settled on for the moment is counting ca. 22+ seconds, with a single vapman torch. an orange glow will start to be visible locally after ca 10 secs for me and starts engulfing the cap in the last couple of secs. i usually heat somewhere midway between the tip & the holes. since this is mostly convection, what is different compared to dynavap is that the first draw is almost always pretty wispy - but dont reheat it yet, instead give it 1-2 more draws, the heat comes with the hot air you draw in. the slower you draw, the more vapour it should produce. i only nearly combusted once the first time i used it, thinking it was not hot enough yet. hope this helps. i actually find it pretty consistent and easy to use now.
I see, I'll try some different heating positions then. I've noticed the first draw is usually thinner too - i just figured it was mostly flavor terps and gave it another go with the torch. Thanks for the tips 👍

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It will depend where you are heating, I do 22 down around where the small intake holes are. If you place the flame up in the middle of the bowl or out near the tip it will take less time. But it will also store less heat, meaning less duration of inhale. It’s a manual vape, it will take some experimenting to find what works right for you.

UhuM

Long time lurker here, I just picked up my first butane (vaphit with the standard stem) to complement my Air SE and it's been great so far. One small issue though: Even though the broad sentiment is that butane vapcaps are stronger extractors than most sub-200 battery portables, I'm struggling to get those potent effects or even effects as strong as the SE natively.
In my opinion, those things can hit hard, if you really know all the tricks (or just have a really large bowl). After a long time of neglecting it, I used my TM2 this weekend, and it hit much harder than with any of my butan vapes. Which is totally fine, because socializing after the TM2 can be quite hard. 😉
That said, with most of the manual vapes I'm rather on a rookie/advanced level, so I haven't found the perfect set for a one hit extraction yet. As I combusted my dv recently - that really hit hard 😄

UhuM,

Anotherfist75

I like this vape, not surprised they send a million o-rings…… they are in fact hot garbage…. But for 20 🦴 bones??? Worth it for sure

Anotherfist75,
Top Bottom