Vape upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I've had my EQ now since new years eve, and while I love it, the saying 'jack of all, master at none' is making more sense...I love bags, but love whip hits as well, but i would like thicker of both...I've done some researching the past week or so, and i think I've made up my mind. I am thinking of selling the EQ, and purchasing a Herbalaire h2.1, and eventually a ssv, as is seems to be a great big hitter.

So am i correct in assuming that i will be far more impressed with the HA's bag abilities in comparison to the EQ? How about the whip hits with the ha? Will they be as good or better than the EQ? I would guess they wont be as good as the ssv...

Ay input would be greatly appreciated.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Cleanfiend

While I cannot weigh in on the HA, I will throw out a nod to the SSV with regards to thicker hits.

You should check the "Testrun setups, Meet and Vape" thread and see if there is anyone in your area on FC who has an HA. offer to bring the herbals and I doubt you will get turned down!

Cheers

Cleanfiend,

max

Out to lunch
So am i correct in assuming that i will be far more impressed with the HA's bag abilities in comparison to the EQ?
Where did you get that impression? Bag fill, since you have a steady temp and air flow, tends to be an equalizer when comparing dual mode models.

How about the whip hits with the ha? Will they be as good or better than the EQ?
I've never used the HA much for direct draw, but I hear it works better in whip mode using ground herb instead of pieces. That means it's a good idea to add another screen to the crucible, above the herb, to keep it from getting up into the mouthpiece. The Extreme also needs a change from the norm, to get good whip hits. You need to load the elbow screen instead of the bowl. If you haven't tried this method, I suggest you do. You may be satisfied with the size of the hits you get.

The HA can be found on eBay for $170-180, so you might come out OK selling your E and getting the HA in its place. If you're going to use either one for just bag use, I don't think it matters a lot which one you have. A whip only vape like the SSV or DBV will certainly do a better job of providing big hits, vs. either the E or HA, using the bowl on the E, and pieces (vs. ground) with the HA.

max,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I have both and I think the HA does better for bags. I don't think it does anything else better than the EQ. I don't like the small tube and the stiff whip on the HA. The glass on glass is a much better experience on the EQ for whips and esp. whips into a bong or bubbler.

Tstat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I'm a bag love, and love dense bags, so I think the ha will be a good choice for me for now, and then the ssv should filll up the gaps...i guess i just am not that immersed with the EQ's bags...seem pretty thin a lot of the time...just me maybe

Purpl3_Haz3,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I don't really do bags. But the other day the wife wanted to medicate so I blew a bag of Cheese at 230. It was the densest, thickest bag I ever saw. And I used the Q.

Tstat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Tstat said:
Yea, I don't really do bags. But the other day the wife wanted to medicate so I blew a bag of Cheese at 230. It was the densest, thickest bag I ever saw. And I used the Q.

Nice, just had some cheese too...and I'm not sayin to doesn't produce thick bags, just doesn't seem so consistent like the ha seems to do. But yeah, the q throws dens bags when you crank it up!

Purpl3_Haz3,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom