Vape noob

CVAM

Alright well nice to be here. Kinda looked at a bunch of forums but gotta say this seems to be the place to plug in so to speak.

First off I'm new to the entire vaping community. Gave up cigs over 14yrs ago so never really had a reason to get into it. Plus I was waiting for longtime reports to deem it safe. Well the reports were out last week and here I am with a kangertech evod 1000mA and a 1.8ohm coil.

Now that being said I've been a concentrate cook for damn near 20yrs lol.

For those looking to get a cheap oven setup I'll suggest the air filter side of your personal shop compressor to be your vacuum. Your mother's pressure cooker with the knobs that lock it down to be your vessel, a vacuum gauge for automotive to be self explanatory. And an 8 inch pyrex pie plate will fit inside with your purged solution.

Don't forget to put ball valves on the pressure cookers lines to lock em off. You don't want to leech oil from the compressor back into the pot. Also you can disconnect the vacuum gauge and the compressor if your keeping it warm on a stove or hotplate.

Anyways.

Here's what I've done in the past week and what I've noticed.

Ingredients bought
Straight PG
Concentrate flavors made only with PG
Straight VG

Made 1:2 1:1 and 2:1 batches of shatter/PG
At the time I was adding percentages of flavor to the ratio mix. I've since started replacing pg with the percentage to keep the ratio.

Now I keep reading everywhere that people seem to see their pg/thc mix separate when it gets cold.
This has never been my observation. At least not until I started trying to add VG.

And here's why:
Mixing my ratios even at the highest end of 2grams of shatter to 1mL of pg still don't separate. 15%of pg is flavour.

Water temp my shot glass sits in is 190degs F.
Stir during this time. 5mins.

Now other then the fact this mix is rough it never separates nor clogs.

What I am having an issue with however is getting vg to mix with it. and for some damn reason this batch I made and mixed with another batch did just that to some extent.

My new issue is that this new mix isnt burning right. It's rough on the throat and then if you warm it up (I put my Vape pen on the truck heater for a few mins) well shit... All this flavour comes out. You get high as a mofo and there's no irritating feeling at all.

I'm so close I have no idea wtf I'm doing lol.

Other thought is that I need to step up my rig to an open coil mod system. I'm hearing with the vg you really need heat to make things happen properly.

Any takers wanna chime in feel free.
Looking for a mentor to chat over msgr

CVAM,
Top Bottom