Vape Hit Harshness question?

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Ok so over the past few weeks I have noticed something. Dunno if it is just me. I have noticed on all the vapes I use and partake in, besides the one I own as well, that the hits seem harsher when I inhale air after I take my draw.
and by that I mean taking in some extra air at the end too pull the hit in a little further.
and in this instance I use the word harsh in that it always feels like I took too big of a hit no matter what size.
I have noticed that when I take nice long draws and don't take any air in after the draw that the hit is much smoother for me. Still taking huge rips, and exhaling nice clouds.
It is just that whenever I taking in any extra air I cant seem too hold the hit for no more than a few seconds (1-3 sec). and no I am not taking enough air too top off my lungs, I know they are not at full capacity.
even if I take a tiny vape hit followed by some fresh air it seems I just cannot hold it in.
any hit I take not followed by air I can hold for quite a long time.
is this happening too anyone else? or just me?
does the extra inhale change the vapor too air ratio in the lungs causing what I am feeling?

oh and let me state I don't mean harsh in terms of heat. the heat don't bother me.

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Happens to me too.

I can't remember what thread its in, but somebody described the following method, which I've been using with some success:

1. Let the stem sit on the MZ/PD for about 10 seconds or so

2. Inhale with a choo-choo method. (Quick, steady inhale exhale) this gets the heat to flow through the meds.

3. Instead of taking a slow steady draw, continue with the choo-choo method and accumulate vapors in your mouth. (Maybe four or five additional "choo-choo" draws).

4. Don't "inhale" the vapors, swallow them, like swallowing a sip of water.

5. Follow with an intake of air to (I guess) push the vapors further into your lungs.

6. Hold vapor for a few seconds (I read somewhere on the forum that holding for more than a few seconds doesn't improve medicinal absorption).

7. Exhale through your nose, not your moth. Apparently the nose has receptors (or whatever they are called) that can absorb medicinal fumes).

Have been trying this method for a day or so. It seems to work. And I actually feel the nasal receptors (or whatever they are called) react when I exhale through my nose. I could be on drugs though and hallucinating that part of it. :lol:

I still do get the coughs, but that aspect of the vaping experience has been reduced since I've started using the method outlined above.

:peace:

VapoFish,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I've managed too figure out how too do it with my PD. just dont inhale any extra air after inhaling a hit. THe problem for me is it is almost an unconscious reaction for me too breath in after taking a hit. So it is quite an odd feeling too have too fight it. And the huger hit a vape delivers the harder the reaction is too immediately inhale after the hit. So becomes an even bigger problem for me with something like say, a fully loaded extreme.
but I am glad too hear this isn't only happening too me. I find it quite interesting.
one thing I have noticed as well... big hits topped off with as much air as I can fit will lead too huge coughs, yet the THC seems too hit almost immediately.

VapoFish said:
7. Exhale through your nose, not your moth. Apparently the nose has receptors (or whatever they are called) that can absorb medicinal fumes).
I like doing this one... feels tingly. Also gives you a nice sneeze after ten minutes or so.

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Pseudo - I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, but I don't think it would have any more adverse affect on your nose than it would on your throat/mouth.

I'm talking through my nose though, because I am in no way an expert in this area.

:2c:

VapoFish,

rotax

Zaporist
The best thing i've found is to:
(After the initial 'priming' method indicated above, aka 'choo-chooing'.)
Take a long slow inhale..even slower than a normal breath. (This keeps some of the "heat harshness" from effecting you..but you will still feel the "herb burn" in your throat.)
Then at the end of the inhale, pull in some fresh air.
Hold. Hold. Hold.
Exhale.

I've also read else where about the exhale through nose thing.

rotax,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
rotax said:
Then at the end of the inhale, pull in some fresh air.
Hold. Hold. Hold.
Exhale.
if you read the OP, this is the exact problem I am talking about.. the extra inhale of fresh air is the issue. not how I take the hit itself, that is not the problem. Taking in the fresh air after the hit makes it harsh for me.

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Yep Devo - same with me.

I have been experimenting with taking the last inhale through my nose instead of my mouth, interestingly it seems to quell the coughs to a degree.

VapoFish,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
seems weird but I notice if I exhale too slowly it really is harsh on my throat, if I exhale quickly..no problem. For me inhaling a bit of fresh air after the hit actually clears the smoke from my throat making it less harsh, just shows different strokes...

DeepFried,
Top Bottom