Use of three vaporizers in one night, a few comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Last night was the first time that I had used more than one different type of vaporizer in an evening. After eating Chinese food we settled down to vape and watch movies/videos.

I started off with the Magic Flight Launch Box, which I'm now pretty comfortable with, and showed GF how to use it. She must have gotten a 2900 mah battery because it producd a cloud so thick that she was coughing (didn't use it for the rest of the evening and she stuck to the other vapes). The MFLB served me pretty well, and then I couldn't find my package of batteries, so it was on to the Iolite.

The Iolite held up pretty well except for a 1 hour period when I had to clear a vapor lock (I've done it before, but found it tedious when I wanted a hit), so it was on to the Extreme where I started using bags.

I loaded up a preheated E with herb, then let that heat for about 3 minutes and collected a couple of bags at 200C. Pretty much game over at that point because I started losing *everything* However, the bags are the height of decadence. A bit of work to fill up, but once filled provide an effortless means o puffing away for an hour or so. Really makes me want a Volcano or Zephyr with locking bags.

Pretty much ended the evening using the MFLB (once I found the batteries).

I liked all three vaporizers, but would have to say that the MFLB was the easiest to use; load a bowl, flip the cover, insert a battery and draw. No butane, vapor lock or cleaning the bowl to worry about. And no breakable glass piece to worry about either :) And when finished hitting the MFLB, I place it inside my pocket and don't worry about losing it. Another nice thing! I can easily see buying the home adapter when it gets released.

All three vaporizers work nicely, with the E's bag system giving the best taste (IMO), the Iolite going the longest period of time between refilling/recharging and the MFLB starting up the quickest and being the thriftiest on use of herb.

Tom

(Cats seem to be attracted to an inflating bag, perhaps drawn by the crinkly sound)

tdavie,

steiner666

Serial vapist
tdavie said:
(Cats seem to be attracted to an inflating bag, perhaps drawn by the crinkly sound)
I think this last bit has been what's made me hold off on buying a bag style vape for so long. My cat attacks anything that moves slightly, ESPECIALLY if it's made out of crinkly sounding plastic. A bag would last about a day with him around it lol. Hell, he's already made multiple attempts on my DBV whips when i'm not looking.

Thats also unusual that your g/f got too thick of a hit out of the LB. Most new users (and even myself sometimes) that i have try mine have the opposite problem.

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
steiner666 said:
Thats also unusual that your g/f got too thick of a hit out of the LB. Most new users (and even myself sometimes) that i have try mine have the opposite problem.
She got hold of a rogue battery that seems to run very hot for the first couple of draws. I think it is a 2900 mah battery.

Tom

tdavie,

DrMephisto

I noticed when I first got the LB I was getting huge coughing hits (not very :ninja:) and realized that I'd been letting it start the vapor a tad longer than needed before drawing...as soon as I dropped the wait between insertion of the battery and drawing (around 3 secs), draws became a lot smoother.

Also, hitting multiple vapes in a night is a blast. After 6 months with only the PD, I picked up a VG, LB, and a Hakko/SSV DIY vape. I can usually only get the full rotation if I take 30-45 minute breaks in between. Hitting them all within 20 minutes or so is a fun time though.....sigh.....but guaranteed couch-lock/nap-time.
-w-

DrMephisto,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom