US Cannabis Patent ??

MinnBobber

I've been studying the US Dept Hlth/Human Svcs patent and cannot find some important figures, listed in said patent:

FIG. 4 is a graph that demonstrates the antioxidant properties of BHT, CBD and THC, by plotting the fluorescence of a fluorescent dye against concentrations of these substances, where declining fluorescence is an indication of greater antioxidant activity.

They had this and other figures I'd like to see but I am not able to find it.
Can anybody help in finding this (and the rest of the figures)?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6630507B1/en

Thanks

MinnBobber,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I've been studying the US Dept Hlth/Human Svcs patent and cannot find some important figures, listed in said patent:

FIG. 4 is a graph that demonstrates the antioxidant properties of BHT, CBD and THC, by plotting the fluorescence of a fluorescent dye against concentrations of these substances, where declining fluorescence is an indication of greater antioxidant activity.

They had this and other figures I'd like to see but I am not able to find it.
Can anybody help in finding this (and the rest of the figures)?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6630507B1/en

Thanks

I was able to see all the figures two different ways, opening the PDF they are all there, from their web page (above) there is a 'images' section you can click on any of the thumbnails there to view them in a daughter window.

were you having trouble hitting the url above?

looney2nz,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I'm unclear on what they are wanting to patent?!?

that's because it's the most broad patent you'll ever see. farcically so.

but... we da gubmint! :(

They are patenting cannabinoids as anti-oxidants and neuro-protectants, but hey, no medical use!

This is the patent the Feds are licensing to BigPharma.

MinnBobber

I'm unclear on what they are wanting to patent?!?
US Health and Human Svcs Dept holds patent for non-psychoactive cannabis compounds to use as neuro-protective agent (protect brain from degeneration) and as a neuro-regenerative (healing) agent for the brain.

So cannabis is still a Schedule 1 substance with no medical benefits yet there is a patent held by the US Govt for its medical benefits

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: looney2nz

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
artworks-000322933404-2qsvhm-t500x500.jpg

Top Bottom