• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Hoops

Hoping someone can help me out here. I bought one of the cheap VVPS's from China and the Reg vs non Reg thread. I then bought a compatible mono tattoo cable and soldered on a 5.5/2.1 end for power.

Now, I bought one of those LED power cords from Dave, so I could tell when the dog was on/off in use with a WeMo. The LED shines blue when the power is on and when in use with the UD wallwort. However, when I use this same LED cable (it's an extension patch cable that you add to the end of your UD wallwort power supply) with the VVPS, the LED shines red.

The operations of the unit seem fine on the UD when in use with the VVPS and my DMM is broken for some reason, so I can't test. Don't really understand voltage even if it wasn't. I'm concerned I"ll damage my lovely UD if I continue to use the VVPS. It's as if the LED being red on the little power extension cable was telling me I wired it wrong...which I didn't... or there's a short.... which there doesn't appear to be.

Any ideas, or was my explanation awful? Too many acronyms?

Hoops,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Hoops, no worries dude it just means you have your polarity backwards from the way the wallwort is wired. It lights up blue one way and red the other but in the case of the UD the polarity doesn't matter. :tup:

underdog,

Hoops

You rock Dave. Thank you!

I will say, I bought two cables and two VVPS's. I did wire the second cable the exact opposite way and didn't get a light at all, figured I went from bad to worse. All's well that ends well, thank you!

Hoops,

underdog

Manufacturer
No problem glad to help! I will say though that no light isn't a good sign and either the LED has burned out, the voltage is too low to 'light' it or you have a short/open circuit somewhere. :o

underdog,

Hoops

I'll go buy a new DMM before I rewire the second cable. The first cable seems to work fine, glad to have your confirmation on the Red LED.....it's time to play with temps!

Hoops,
Reactions: underdog

that herb guy

Got an interesting package today. Ordered some tubes, and copped myself a WonG. First impression is great. Fits perfectly into standard taper 18mm, and needless to say it's purdy;) . Am currently trying different ways of jury rigging into some china odd size taper glass, but I think silicone itself might be best in that.

Pictures to come whenever I'm less vaked.

that herb guy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Am currently trying different ways of jury rigging into some china odd size taper glass, but I think silicone itself might be best in that.
First of all, congrats on the WonG. However could you clarify the above statement? Are you saying that you don't have a GonG waterpipe?

:peace:

Stu,

that herb guy

First of all, congrats on the WonG. However could you clarify the above statement? Are you saying that you don't have a GonG waterpipe?

It's a VERY small water pipe, I haven't ran across one like it before. It stands maybe 7-8 inches, beaker bottom with small dome(?) perc up top. The downstem and bowl are one piece, and very narrow in diameter. Think the glass inside the WonG diameter and where a regular downstem tapers to fit the slide instead is a bowl. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, the bowl section on top has a much wider taper than a regular 18mm connection - the bottom part of the wood connects about a centimeter from the bottom of the bowl, but at the top part of the bowl there's about a half inch of empty space surrounding it. I'm trying to find a nice size washer to plug the air with, but that will require a trip to the store lol.

that herb guy,

that herb guy

To clarify, I have other (nicer, but larger) pieces of glass with normal GonG joints and the WonG fits nicely, snug enough to build some visible vapor and a decent cloud at exhale. They're just all too large to milk properly - which I kind of associate with the process, this being my first vape LOL.

Luckily, the thick walled silicone molds nicely to the china glass and is so far the best solution I've come up with.

that herb guy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
To clarify, I have other (nicer, but larger) pieces of glass with normal GonG joints and the WonG fits nicely, snug enough to build some visible vapor and a decent cloud at exhale. They're just all too large to milk properly - which I kind of associate with the process, this being my first vape LOL.

Luckily, the thick walled silicone molds nicely to the china glass and is so far the best solution I've come up with.
Sounds like you need to ask Santa for a new bubbler. :cool:

Stu,

that herb guy

Sounds like you need to ask Santa for a new bubbler. :cool:

LHS's around here are shit tier or massively overpriced. But I have been looking at the FC bubbler threads. I've owned small bubblers, but never a GonG bubbler. Some pics/videos have made me re-think that lol. I'm hoping maybe there will be some X-Mas specials soon, but time will tell.

/threadjack.

PS. the dog looks pretty nice with the WonG mounted. Aesthetically, LEAPS better (IMO) than the regular glass/silicone stems. I'd like to see another shot at some wood stems in the style of the wongs (but maybe with a slight taper over the mouthpiece so the glass isn't exposed/can't slide through?, maybe that's not realistic, just tossing it out there), I'd scoop up one of those pretty quickly also :brow:.

that herb guy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've got one of Dave's wood stems and I fucking love it. It's super funcional and also gorgeous. I'm sure Dave could probably recess the glass with a counter sink, but IMO it's fine the way it is.

Athena

Thank you HES for the video, it answered my questions. It looks like you have a homemade water pipe attachment, that looks like a good start for me until I improve my technique.

My Underdog is on it's way, looks like tomorrow will be an early Christmas for me :)
Thanks for the fast shipping, Dave.

Athena,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I think this should help

At 15 seconds into the video, you'll see a water pipe adapter that i made out of glass from a MFLB WPA and a thick silicone stem with a screen at the end of the glass. then i suck up the material into my stem on the thick silicone side because that's the side that will be connecting to my Underdog. At 28 seconds, you'll find that the water pipe adapter shown before is now sitting in the 14mm glass downstem of my straight tube water pipe. The rest is, well, where the magic happens...:cool:

As i mentioned before, if you need a water pipe adapter, you can simply contact Dave and he can help you out. Keep the questions rolling if you have any!

You know I love that rigged MFLB/WPA glass hook up HES! I rock the same set up and think it is the tits. Did you order a wong? ...man that sounds creepy.. :doh: If so, I would be curious how it compares. Asthetically the wong is clearly a better choice, but I was wondering about airflow. Keep wanting to pick one up for the Holi-daze, but just wondered how it compares.

happyTrails,

vapelvr

I have a down and dirty solution with my UD and water device, you have to insert the stem a little off to one side of being centered as you push in and give it a little twist so the silicon grabs and locks in forming a pretty decent seal. It's a perfect size and gets a near perfect flow. Has ice catcher, stem has adequate disperser, nice smaller neck and beaker air volume so just an easy, comfortable tasty hitter for cheap. You can hit it as long as you are able and it doesn't get hot or harsh. The solo fits right down it too so haven't required extra adapters so far for either of these devices and these really work well. You can even add a percolator or ash catcher if you want to get more exotic.

imag0939.jpg

imag0940.jpg

vapelvr,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
@happyTrails- i know man, its a really great makeshift WPA for my UD. i do plan on getting a WonG once they're available to the public. probably sometime after the holidays since i plan on sending my Twig back to Dave so i can get the WonG and UD back in one package. i'd do all this sooner but would rather let Dave be able to take somewhat of a break around the holidays since it looks like he has more than enough work on his hands for now. i'll definitely report how i feel about the WonG and also in comparison to our makeshift WPAs.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

that herb guy

Well, I believe Stu has already pretty well summed up the WonG's, but I figured you can never have too many pictures... One of these days I'll use a nicer camera, but for now slightly blurry and poor lighting will have to suffice :lol:.
tpZ76.jpg

6Bo5k.jpg

UYUlI.jpg

Personally I'm loving the connection. Rips through a 1/2 full stem in 2 draws and gives great clouds. No more wispy vapors - legitimate milk pulls. IMO much better looking. If/when it gets unplugged I now leave this on top rather than the aroma cup:nod:.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs long time no talk, we've been busy little elves in the workshop making toys for everyone so excuse our absence if you will. WonGs are coming along nicely and should be available on the website by this time next week (possibly sooner) and we're just about all caught up on orders as well. There are a few stragglers left, mostly custom/semi-custom pieces but those will be done fair soon too. :peace:

Hope all is going well for you Dogs out there?

underdog,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Hello fine folks of the UD thread,

So I bought two UDs to replace my girlfriend's and my PDs. Im waiting to surprise her on Christmas, but I figured I would treat myself early. I busted out my Quina Twig and tried to get some clouds going. Sadly, here is where my problems start...no clouds!

I have tried:
  • Packing the stems heavily/lightly
  • Grinding less/more
  • Inhaling at all different speeds
  • Plugging into a variety of outlets.
No matter what I do, I am getting hits so light they are difficult to notice. For what its worth, I was able to take a 'dead' stem from my UD and get a massive cloud from it with my PD. Not sure if it is an error on my part, or if I just need a VVPS. I feel like SUCH a noob...
My twig was shipped with a Jameco 12V/2A power supply that is noticeably thinner than the model pictured on the website. I am currently testing my twig with the other power supply that was provided to see if that is the issue. Any other tips?

ioright,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
I was wondering if that was alright or not. The voltage is the same, but the power supply that was provided has an output of 2A compared to the PD supply which puts out 1A.

I don't notice too much difference with the switch.

ioright,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey ioright did you get the Jameco power supply with both Dogs? We've been testing some different power supply options (several) and have been shipping different ones with different orders. Some people are reporting the Jameco ones to be too cool. I can send you a big brick or two if need be just check and see if both the supplies are the same and then maybe email me so I can arrange sending different one(s). :peace:

underdog,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Hey Dogs long time no talk, we've been busy little elves in the workshop making toys for everyone so excuse our absence if you will. WonGs are coming along nicely and should be available on the website by this time next week (possibly sooner) and we're just about all caught up on orders as well. There are a few stragglers left, mostly custom/semi-custom pieces but those will be done fair soon too. :peace:

Hope all is going well for you Dogs out there?

Still enjoying the UD as much as the first day I used it. And it has been problem-free since the first usage. It's a pretty awesome vape, dude. Been using it from morning to early evening, then using the ABV from the day at a higher temp in my DBV to get through the night. Conservation! :rockon:

Not sure what I'll use THAT ABV for yet, but it's slowly adding up.

Although now I sorta wish I had chosed a Cup & Hook to go with it; if it's going to be on all day anyway, I suppose I may as well use it for some essential oils. Might have to order one.

Top Bottom