Underdog Air Core vs Standard

rosedale

Hello FC

I have a Nano and an HI so I thought that I might as well complete the log shootout and get an Underdog as well. I'm looking for a recommendation on the Air Core vs the Standard from current users or owners.

Just to give you some background, I don't have access to concentrates and I expect to be using glass as well as the nylon/stainless. I will doing both dry and through water. I normally leave my logs on for an extended period so the fast heat is not a huge advantage to me. I had been leaning toward the standard because it will not require the o-ring. Does the air core have any other advantages that I am not considering? Let me know your experiences with each core.

rosedale,

mikeben

Hello FC

I have a Nano and an HI so I thought that I might as well complete the log shootout and get an Underdog as well. I'm looking for a recommendation on the Air Core vs the Standard from current users or owners.

Just to give you some background, I don't have access to concentrates and I expect to be using glass as well as the nylon/stainless. I will doing both dry and through water. I normally leave my logs on for an extended period so the fast heat is not a huge advantage to me. I had been leaning toward the standard because it will not require the o-ring. Does the air core have any other advantages that I am not considering? Let me know your experiences with each core.
I like not having to worry about the o-ring with my Standard Core. I get great air if I pack my stems right. Too much herb, not enough air, too little and my session is way too short. Just knowing how much each stem likes is all you need to figure out with a standard core.

mikeben,

virtualpurple

On Underdogs web site they state in the FAQ they state that you can install an O-ring to create a stopper for the glass stems. They also have a video posted I believe demonstrating how to install the O-ring.

I am not sure off hand if they perform the same with the o-ring in place.

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom