Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The stems for the Top Hats fit the ELBs comfortably. But my Tubo gets Device too hot with either elbs or top hats. :shrug:
Phssh, elb's too deep. :nope:

Nah, jk, they are cavernous. :peace:

Huh I've never gotten that message ever and my cruise is set to the max default length. Don't usually do more than one without time in between though

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Huh I've never gotten that message ever and my cruise is set to the max default length. Don't usually do more than one without time in between though
Had to revisit that.
I only get that message when trying to use elbs in those stems made for those Glass Hats. Could be a setting off or something on my unit, but it works great with every stem, full length cruise and all Even the stems that hold the Glass Hats, just not with elbs.
I noticed the 5° step in @WakeAndVape awesome video and switched mine over to that. On demand stepping at 5° intervals starting at 360°f topping at 390°f. :luv:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
so... where can i get a fitting capsule that stays closed?

the "bowl" screen & bent cover method tends to fall off too easily and many times when carrying the Tubo the material is scattered away and wasted.
I had the same issue with the (basket)screens that came with the tubo...

@shitsnacks said to try the Vapexhale basket screens; mine were too wide to fit the stems

I was almost convinced that my stems were defective But I went to a LHS and found some more EQ basket screens and they fit perfectly and don't fall out.

@SloJimFizz I wonder how my tubo hits compaired to mine... I don't get (personally) great clouds until I hit at least 420f???

rozroz

I had the same issue with the (basket)screens that came with the tubo...

@shitsnacks said to try the Vapexhale basket screens; mine were too wide to fit the stems

I was almost convinced that my stems were defective But I went to a LHS and found some more EQ basket screens and they fit perfectly and don't fall out.

hmm.. not sure we refer to the same issue.. the "base" basket is ok with the fit,
it's just that with my usage i really need a secure cover, for the material to not spill out.
so the way to tweak another basket to be squeezed into the base basket is ok, but very unreliable.
also, i want to feel free when switching different capsules for different needs..
not always being careful and worrying about spill.
and the @shitsnacks option is nice, but it's for Macro dosing ;)

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@SloJimFizz I wonder how my tubo hits compaired to mine... I don't get (personally) great clouds until I hit at least 420f???
Yea, I'm with @almost there something sounds a bit off. So, 420° is where you start to good clouds, then you can step up another 20-30° from there for full extraction and dark abv?
I know next to nothing about what coil settings and all that other stuff that helps the Tubo hit the right temp for the number shown. So no help from me. I've been lucky and never had to tinker with any of my settings. Same as out of the box. Except to update to current os.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Had to revisit that.
I only get that message when trying to use elbs in those stems made for those Glass Hats. Could be a setting off or something on my unit, but it works great with every stem, full length cruise and all Even the stems that hold the Glass Hats, just not with elbs.
I noticed the 5° step in @WakeAndVape awesome video and switched mine over to that. On demand stepping at 5° intervals starting at 360°f topping at 390°f. :luv:

Ah yeah I did try ELB in my 420edc bent stem too (never have much luck with those glass tophats myself though) and it just falls right out. So in the Tubo it falls out and rests on the heater screen, mine still worked okayish, but if that is happening to yours maybe that is why it registers as overheating? Not that it really matters lol I have new 18mm stems coming from Mist now, mainly for RBT but will fit here too, a bent stem and an 18-14mm GonG

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape have you ever tried adjusting the coil resistance value?
I did adjust it, originally I had to go a bit higher.
I should increase the resistance more, but it almost feels hot enough. the higher I raise the resistance the more uncomfortable the temps feel on my teeth :hmm: (makes no sense to me)

hmm.. not sure we refer to the same issue.. the "base" basket is ok with the fit,
it's just that with my usage i really need a secure cover, for the material to not spill out.
so the way to tweak another basket to be squeezed into the base basket is ok, but very unreliable.
also, i want to feel free when switching different capsules for different needs..
not always being careful and worrying about spill.
and the @shitsnacks option is nice, but it's for Macro dosing ;)
you're correct. we don't have the same issue, my bad...lol.

you want the whole capsule setup and are trying to sandwich two screens for the macrodose...

If you weren't dedicated to a capsule setup you could always use an RBT style rimless basket screen and cap it with a EQ basket screen.

I personally can't wait for the mighty capsule stem.
Yea, I'm with @almost there something sounds a bit off. So, 420° is where you start to good clouds, then you can step up another 20-30° from there for full extraction and dark abv?
I know next to nothing about what coil settings and all that other stuff that helps the Tubo hit the right temp for the number shown. So no help from me. I've been lucky and never had to tinker with any of my settings. Same as out of the box. Except to update to current os.
Yea, I generally fully extract at 465°f with fully roasted AVB.

when I try to go down to 380 - 390 (the range i hear folks praise) I get weak results...I don't mind tinkering, I just wish I knew someone else with a Tubo to compare performance to.

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
Ah yeah I did try ELB in my 420edc bent stem too (never have much luck with those glass tophats myself though) and it just falls right out. So in the Tubo it falls out and rests on the heater screen, mine still worked okayish, but if that is happening to yours maybe that is why it registers as overheating? Not that it really matters lol I have new 18mm stems coming from Mist now, mainly for RBT but will fit here too, a bent stem and an 18-14mm GonG

Hey S.Snacks, Where did you get the 18mm stems please? 'Mist?' TY!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
would that suit my needs?
I agree with @manujoe I think they would suit you well plus the dosing capsules come in 40 Packs

they also aren't too deep and the dosing caps will probably increase the conduction aspect a little

im looking forward to the ability to use the liquid pad inside the cap with some concentrates... Seems like it would make for some good sessions

Bdubbdiblets

Been several months and still loving my Tubo! I use it daily with my VC's.

I use Tubo to knock my socks off when needed...:goon::freak:.....:razz:

Question for my fellow Tubo'ers, any one ever take their Tubo for a ride on a plane with them? Not asking to start any sort of vape/plane philosophical convo or anything just wondering if anyone's ever had that experience with their Tubo?

Tubo on!

:rockon:

sickmanfraud

I have some TUBOx and mod (Cuboid 200) issues. I think the Cuboid is the more likely the cause.

First, I can charge the batteries to full and the Cuboid displays 4.20. Turn Cuboid off, next day 4.17 to start, off again and lower the third day, etc. even with the Cuboid off except to check the battery?

More concerning, I have been using 3 brand new Sony VTC5A but the unit does not allow me to start a Cruise when the battery is around 3.7. On my Evic and my Dual, the batteries are useful to much lower than 3.7.

At this point, I get more stems out of fresh HG 2 (3000 each x 2= 6000) in the Dual than fresh VTC5A (2500 each x 3 7500 ma) in the cuboid.

Is there a setting that allows the batteries in the Cuboid to drain below 3.7?

The three married cells (must be in Utah) do not read the same when placed in the charger or when reading the screen after plugging the USB in for charging?

Thanks for your help.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
i did it first!lol
there is an internal screen in the stems themselves as well, they can also be used without the capsule.
did grind the flowers, some fine particles come through, the holes are rather big on the capsules. should be good with a medium to coarse grind even without the screen in the stem.
given my limited experience (4stems) i had no problem with the glass insert until now. i use the highest quality boro silicate glass tubes for my stuff, schott duran. i think one of the key features is that they are tight within specs! i havent had my stems long enough tho to see whats happening after some time.

yes wooden stems fit the glass joints very snug, also if they dont, not all is lost in an instant.
now, we only need them bent wooden stems... @Alan are you a wood bender?:)

today at the lasercutter, it had to be done:
pkrhgPq.jpg

Very nice laser cutting. Can you cut a pattern / design all the way around the tube?
I have never tried bending wood stems. Here is a post about how to do it. http://www.pipesbydesign.com/single-post/2014/07/15/How-to-Make-a-Curved-Wooden-Pipe-Stem
Looks like a lot of work. Bending bamboo might be easier. Cutting the 18mm taper would then be a real challenge after it is bent.

little maggie

Could someone tell me what the thimble sized cork piece with the thin, small stem is for?

Also, I know I've said this before but Ddave's stems work perfectly with no spilling because of the inside screen and the screen cap. They come in a set of 4 and I fill all of them and leave them in their case until ready to use. Easy to carry and after I use one I clean it and refill it. I haven't found the top hats to work well with my tubo nor the stems that came with the tubo. These are the only ones I use right now.

manujoe

Could someone tell me what the thimble sized cork piece with the thin, small stem is for?

Also, I know I've said this before but Ddave's stems work perfectly with no spilling because of the inside screen and the screen cap. They come in a set of 4 and I fill all of them and leave them in their case until ready to use. Easy to carry and after I use one I clean it and refill it. I haven't found the top hats to work well with my tubo nor the stems that came with the tubo. These are the only ones I use right now.
Ddaves pack of 4 are out of stock unfortunately. Waiting patiently for an email.

Top Bottom