Gray Area

Picked up my Tubo from the post office. Battery's charging as I type... it's so small (but heavier than I expected) and beautifully made :clap: that bare poplar is just begging for some bomb ass butter though :brow:

Testing will commence in a couple of hours or so (when the battery has charged, and the kids have been fed and watered).

Exactly :D
Let the race begin! :p
(I bet it will be held at customs a while :/)

@leveltree haven't seen you post, did I win?? ;)

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Picked up my Tubo from the post office. Battery's charging as I type... it's so small (but heavier than I expected) and beautifully made :clap: that bare poplar is just begging for some bomb ass butter though :brow:

Testing will commence in a couple of hours or so (when the battery has charged, and the kids have been fed and watered).

@leveltree haven't seen you post, did I win?? ;)

Yeah indeed, mine is not in sight till now :(
I hope to get it on monday or tuesday, I will probably have to pick it up at customs after getting a letter first...

little maggie

I'm torn, I want to download the latest firmware but I'm not super computer savvy.

Cruise mode has single handedly set it apart from others in the pack. I have the Zion and I am finding myself reaching for the tubo as often as the Zion.

I would have never pegged that the cruise control would be what keeps dragging me back, but it is.

Also, people, can we just talk about the whole nug experience with the tubo? @stickstones im sure you can advocate for this as well. I find the tubo to be so great at fully extracting that I am sometimes not even bothering to crumble my nug at all. Normally I crumble from whole nugs after a few draws but not necessary here!

The only thing I'm wishing for now is an 18m/14m adapter that has the same ID as RBTs stems. I find that I am having to constantly nudge my screens back into position. Does anyone have any suggestions for stems or screens? I'm trying to stay rimless if I can help it.

@funkyjunky can you add me to that list as well?
As a total non techie I can say that updating is simple. Do you have the directions?
Also if you like RBT's stems why can't you use them with the tubo? I don't use the stems that came with the tubo. I use ddave's portable kit with double rimless screens that he sells.

MonkeyTime

As a total non techie I can say that updating is simple. Do you have the directions?
Also if you like RBT's stems why can't you use them with the tubo? I don't use the stems that came with the tubo. I use ddave's portable kit with double rimless screens that he sells.
When you say double rimless, did you mean the all glass v3? Did I miss a release?

Love his v2's with the Tubo and my Mi :tup:

little maggie

When you say double rimless, did you mean the all glass v3? Did I miss a release?

Love his v2's with the Tubo and my Mi :tup:
I mean his quad 4 stem pack. It comes with rimless screens installed and some additional screens that are rimmed. I prefer the rimmed ones. But he also has rimless ones and might be willing to substitute those from the rimmed ones in the pack. Either way, I add some herb in over the installed screen which is very solidly installed and then add another screen over it. It's in the tubo section of Ddave's site.

I forgot about the top hats. I washed and packed all my glass and forgot to leave those out to use. They are also great for microdosing.

virtualpurple

I likely have the instructions but need to find where I put them and flip through them a bit.

I do enjoy the RBT stems and I use them whenever I use the tubo dry. However, I like to use use through a bubbler when I'm at home. The stems that I have that came with the tubo just don't hold the screens as firmly in place as the Screens in the RBT stems.

I can just slip a silicone reducer over the end of a stem and use it with an 18mm water tool, but I also have a 14mm f bomb that I really like to pair with.

little maggie

I likely have the instructions but need to find where I put them and flip through them a bit.

I do enjoy the RBT stems and I use them whenever I use the tubo dry. However, I like to use use through a bubbler when I'm at home. The stems that I have that came with the tubo just don't hold the screens as firmly in place as the Screens in the RBT stems.

I can just slip a silicone reducer over the end of a stem and use it with an 18mm water tool, but I also have a 14mm f bomb that I really like to pair with.
The screens that come in the stems in the Ddave pack are pretty immovable (in a good way). It's because of the screens I don't use the ones that came with the tubic. I've been using the whip with a bubbler as muunch described. I've gotten addicted to the whip so really like using them together.
If you already upgraded 1x you really don't need to review anything. Just download the new software into the same folder and click the app. I needed help to do this but that's because I didn't understand what I just wrote until I was given those directions.

virtualpurple

The screens that come in the stems in the Ddave pack are pretty immovable (in a good way). It's because of the screens I don't use the ones that came with the tubic. I've been using the whip with a bubbler as muunch described. I've gotten addicted to the whip so really like using them together.
If you already upgraded 1x you really don't need to review anything. Just download the new software into the same folder and click the app. I needed help to do this but that's because I didn't understand what I just wrote until I was given those directions.

I've not done any updating yet. I bought @Zow237's unit which was already loaded with the cruise mode. I will try and update this morning after work!

I will have to look into the ddave supplies! I do have the concentrate stem, but have not been using that a ton with flower.

Gray Area

Well I can see now what all the hype's been about. What a fantastic creation FJ's come up with here :clap:

Haven't got enough time here to write as much as I'd like about how much I'm impressed, but I am... and will be jumping right back on the list for a dual battery ver (and I haven't tried cruise mode yet) :brow:

Very (very) uniform abv without any stirring or dark spots even at the high temps I've been pushing it to towards the end of a session (215C).

Do need more batteries though and wish I got more than one with my order now :doh:

... so, any uk users point me in the right direction for a reputable battery supplier based in the uk..?

Also not a huge fan of the stock stems, so was looking at alternatives (RBT, 420EDC & DDave ones to be precise).
I seem to remember someone using VXH elb's (?) anyone want to pitch in with pros and cons, as this seems a pretty good idea for on the go?

Anyway got to get busy... so where's good for batteries in the UK??
:huh:

Later
:peace:

virtualpurple

Hey guys, I can't find my manual, and I went to the website on the 1st page but it has me thinking that link goes to an earlier version for the tubo perhaps? It did not seem to have a recent update listed.

Is anyone able to toss me the correct so I can join you all and give my poor batteries a break!

little maggie

Hey guys, I can't find my manual, and I went to the website on the 1st page but it has me thinking that link goes to an earlier version for the tubo perhaps? It did not seem to have a recent update listed.

Is anyone able to toss me the correct so I can join you all and give my poor batteries a break!
From the tubo page download the updater zip and extract it into a folder. Download the 709 firmware and put it in the same folder. Then attach the tubo to your computer and click the update software and follow directions. It will take only a few seconds.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I can see now what all the hype's been about. What a fantastic creation FJ's come up with here :clap:

Haven't got enough time here to write as much as I'd like about how much I'm impressed, but I am... and will be jumping right back on the list for a dual battery ver (and I haven't tried cruise mode yet) :brow:

Very (very) uniform abv without any stirring or dark spots even at the high temps I've been pushing it to towards the end of a session (215C).

Do need more batteries though and wish I got more than one with my order now :doh:

... so, any uk users point me in the right direction for a reputable battery supplier based in the uk..?

Also not a huge fan of the stock stems, so was looking at alternatives (RBT, 420EDC & DDave ones to be precise).
I seem to remember someone using VXH elb's (?) anyone want to pitch in with pros and cons, as this seems a pretty good idea for on the go?

Anyway got to get busy... so where's good for batteries in the UK??
:huh:

Later
:peace:

ELBs work fine, but tend to need more heat as all the extra steel steals it from the load in my experience, also taste can suffer a bit vs using an open screen at the tip, and also if you don't pack a lot then it will be far from the heater (another reason low temps not as effective this way) Cruise mode definitely helps maximize performance when using ELB, probably best for intense full pack sessions with others or alone if you want to get totally zonked :ko:

It was actually posted a few pages ago here by FJ and then @Prolusio posted really detailed instructions as well (he links to his earlier detailed post after FJ posted the latest update, to help when Maggie asked) It really is simple, and never need to leave FC :tup:

little maggie

Just wondering- since the update info gets reported for members who need help (like me) when new software is added whether the tubo page link and the Prolusio instructions or someones can be added to page 1 of the thread. They would be much easier to find.

MonkeyTime

Just wondering- since the update info gets reported for members who need help (like me) when new software is added whether the tubo page link and the Prolusio instructions or someones can be added to page 1 of the thread. They would be much easier to find.
I think that would take fj requesting it from a mod now?

Tubo needed some love....

7PH7Yav.jpg

That's 0.3g sandwiched at 440F thru my Tubo and a '11 Silverado Cab for ya @disGRUNTled , what cha got for me?

JaneMary

Got a question for Tubo users who use water pieces, can the tubo really milk up a price? In all the videos I don't see it truely white walling a bong. Thanks for your help :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Got a question for Tubo users who use water pieces, can the tubo really milk up a price? In all the videos I don't see it truely white walling a bong. Thanks for your help :)
Sure it can,here is shot done at 160 C ,even at low temps and just a pinch of herb , you get fat clouds. You can get even thicker vapor at higher temps..,but i find them unnecessary.
Also have in mind that lighting conditions are playing big role in hole thick vapor looks,i've seen some videos which have their white balance tweaked and sessions look even heavier in clouds,but no need for that with the TUBO . :)
8.gif

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
to be honest the above video fucks my tablet up :p

i dont have a better one to post today but a pic:
kpubgHS.png

one of the black/cyan ones is the one that needed to come back. atomizer short, no indication, worked at first, then went atomizer short. opened it up, didnt see where the problem is. resoldered the connection (i solder directly to the pcb now, no more dummy connection btw) and everything is back on track. its going back today. the other i prepared in case it needed to be exchanged completely, guess it will appear in the shop one day :)

also, i updated tubo.lamart.ch with the instructions and files (press F5 to refresh, maybe)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It may not milk as strong due to the wide open draw. As you draw to milk the chamber, you're also definitely going to be pulling some vapor into your mouth.

That waterpiece is also huge to fully "milk" so those that see that video and think "meh" should consider that.

One thing I have started doing is putting a rimmed lid on, even when on a water pipe... Since my internal screen is still bent downward, to avoid blowback.

I can make a vid tomorrow on my D020 but I may get destroyed. Been on a break since Fri... family vacation and don't feel like dancing around since my family is all ignorant and closeminded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom