Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey buddy, nice refresh!
I have also received 2 new stems from FJ, and indeed they are a hair long, they work perfect without rimmed basket on top

Oh mine actually fit loose even with no basket screen (which is what I typically load herbs into), a little better now with some masking tape around part of the joint edge away from the bowl. I am sure Teflon tape will be even better and also have less glass on glass scraping...

I had got a new j hook to try as well but unfortunately that one broke in shipping. Used the whip last night, along with some water hits, this bent stem, and a custom US size one. All working more than well!

Shit Snacks

Oh mine actually fit loose even with no basket screen (which is what I typically load herbs into), a little better now with some masking tape around part of the joint edge away from the bowl. I am sure Teflon tape will be even better and also have less glass on glass scraping...

I had got a new j hook to try as well but unfortunately that one broke in shipping. Used the whip last night, along with some water hits, this bent stem, and a custom US size one. All working more than well!

Ah looks like they toss packages over the fence at my new place, that could have been what broke it. Pretty stupid but glad everything else was okay! We'll have to see about fixing that for the future...

Also forgot to mention that I finally have used some of the new features like the temp step, which was pretty neat through the whip and intense with a full vxl elb haha. The eco mode is also cool, something to get used to. There is a lot to play around with, though I am still mostly using bent stem on demand.

Looking forward to sharing this with friends again! Though with it being even nicer now I might be more cautious lol

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@funkyjunky Have you ever though of making a TUBOevic which has the wooden puzzle held by magnets ? I imagine that would require some really good precision,but doesnt seem impossible ? It would be cool if at least one of the sides is remove-able so one can have access to the mod,even change it if need,ofc this will still require some soldering skills.
It would be also cool if that is doable for the heater also..
@Shit Snacks My favorite way to use the TUBO is to CRUISE for at least 1 minute. After a good preheat i can get trough a full gong pack with just 2-3 inhalations,depending on the loaded ammout.
If i load in the cup it can even be just one.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
No urgent rush on this: I know it's a holiday. After reading some helpful thoughts from @Abysmal Vapor on a thread in Ask FC I thought I'd visit the evic thread to see if you all had any tips for me as I try to get more familiar with my Tubo X.

The glass I bought with it (short and long straight stem, bent stem, gong, no whip though which was maybe a mistake) has screens down in the joint so I'd only been using the basket screens as caps to hold the material in and I think I'm getting less consistent results since I don't know how to use it that well.

I have the fj software on a VTC Dual and I've had the most success with cruise mode and the bent stem. I'll triple click for a bit of preheat and then double click for cruise mode. I'm pretty sure I read the resistance off the little tag and locked that in when I was putting the software on the mod.

The airflow is so wide open, much more than I'm used to. The glass doesn't seem to really snug into the heater like it does work my Splinter either. I find the tip of the glass stem will get hot suddenly and even with cruise mode I don't get the sense of where the heat is or how it's building. The male to male gong for my D020-d always seems too airy to milk up properly and also tends to scorch more often since the hits are longer.

My guess is that the nimble heater is trying to help out and my technique or settings aren't putting it in a position to be successful.

@Summer helped me get my legs under me with my Splinter and I'm super happy with its performance now so I'm confident that the Tubo X has plenty more to offer once I get the hang of using it.

And merry christmas to everyone. Hope you're all having a terrific holiday.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Wwhhhaaatttt?

New Long Bent Spiked Glass STEMS :whoa:

Where is the Link to them or do we have to buy one of the Exotic TUBO's for them to be an option haha.
you are not supposed to examine and bring to light every sneaky thing i do hahaha :D
very good eye!

yes indeed i am offering new spiked glass stems made by @davesmith with the new solid wood tubos. i am sitting on them since a bit and will add them to the store in the new year. reason i offered them now is because i ran out of long mouth pieces. but unfortunately dont have the time to send out many packages, so those who only want the mouth pieces will have to wait a bit longer.

but have some pics for now!

also here are the remaining solid wood tubos i posted on instagram: :cool:

bottom middle is pine plywood but with skull etching all around.
otherwise from left to right, top to bottom: engraved padauk, mahogany, wenge, castello boxwood, purpleheart, steamed pear, santos rosewood, skully pine, sycamore

lamart will be closed until the end of january. orders coming in during that time will be sent out last week of january. ill take some time for firmware :ninja:

happy holidays! :science::leaf::razz:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@funkyjunky Woaaah than "skully pine" kicks ass ! :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Also wish you happy holiDAZE lol :))) !~!!
@davesmith This idea is just awesome.Up to breathin in new life to my neglected ,long bent stem ,lol !!!!
Wow on a second look all of them are amazing. Tubo is an awesome vpaorizer which deserves having exotic wood options for sure . The padauk and the purple hearth look stunning !

Last edited:

Azn2101

you are not supposed to examine and bring to light every sneaky thing i do hahaha :D
very good eye!

yes indeed i am offering new spiked glass stems made by @davesmith with the new solid wood tubos. i am sitting on them since a bit and will add them to the store in the new year. reason i offered them now is because i ran out of long mouth pieces. but unfortunately dont have the time to send out many packages, so those who only want the mouth pieces will have to wait a bit longer.

otherwise from left to right, top to bottom: engraved padauk, mahogany, wenge, castello boxwood, purpleheart, steamed pear, santos rosewood, skully pine, sycamore

lamart will be closed until the end of january. orders coming in during that time will be sent out last week of january. ill take some time for firmware :ninja:

Awesome man. Looking forward to the upcoming firmware updates, not that it needs anything =)

Sorry man, I don't mean to be pullin the sheets off your Operation =D

Shit Snacks

very good eye!

WOW!!!

New additions just as I get mine back, will need to try one of those spiky bent stems some day! Love it, I bet they hit so nice and smooth, definitely must have.

Also those solid wood Tubos are gorgeous! I wasn't expecting that, but yes a vape this good should have fancy wood to match as an option too! The other options were already great, but this does up the class factor a bit. I really love that smoked pear one with the teal evic, if only I didn't just get my renewed blue Tubo back, I would be super tempted to snag a new fancy one!

Well done sir, yet again one of the best vapes around continues to become even better! 2019 will be another great year!

Do VXL Ez load bowls work in the tubo stems? I’m thinking they would but don’t have any on hand to test out. Would be a nice convenience for some situations.

noneedlessnoise,

justcametomind

I still have to receive my unit but I’m pretty sure Storz & Bickel capsules fit the stem, notEZ bowls.

justcametomind,

Azn2101

I still have to receive my unit but I’m pretty sure Storz & Bickel capsules fit the stem, notEZ bowls.

The S&B Capsules (14.5mm wide) fit the Wooden Cap stems. The ELB'S might fit the Glass but their made for an 18.8 and im really not sure if the stems would accept them

Last edited:
Azn2101,

Shit Snacks

Do VXL Ez load bowls work in the tubo stems? I’m thinking they would but don’t have any on hand to test out. Would be a nice convenience for some situations.

Yes they do fit, usually, may be loose though, always variance in glass etc.

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

The elbs will not fit into the stock Tubo bent stem that has the screen installed, too tall and protrude out. The Elb will fit in the stems that were made for the glass hat capsules, sold by edc420. They made my Tubo read "Device too hot".

Hmm haven't tried with my new bent stems, but ELBs did fit fine in my old broke one, albeit loose. Fits tight in the ddave whip stem I have though

Shit Snacks,

davesmith

Glass Blower

If a joint is a little long (the are numerous 'standards' in the industry fml) you can just take some sandpaper or a daimond pad etc to the bottom to remove a mm or two.

Stonocrates

I just received my TUBOevic a few days ago, and I know it's the honeymoon phase, but I think I've finally found a battery-powered vape that can keep up with my butane vapes and FlowerPot. It's plain poplar with a black eVic.

I got a medium wood stem along with a few other accessories, so what's up with packing a dosing capsule without the lid? Do you mean open end towards the heater? Or packed end towards the mouthpiece, so it kind of closes off the stem end?

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hmm haven't tried with my new bent stems, but ELBs did fit fine in my old broke one, albeit loose. Fits tight in the ddave whip stem I have though
If we're talking inside diameter, the elbs fit fine and you can use the elb caps as your screen. It's the length of the whole elb that is too tall to fit in the stem as it comes. I guess it would work if you remove the stock inner screen of the Bent and whip stems.
But using elbs still was the only time my Tubo has read Device too hot. Don't know if it was the metal rims of the two screens, plus the screens themselves increasing the temp inside the Tubo but I had very little luck with them.

2j32rup.jpg

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Thanks a lot for that information, I was going to get those at some point and will reconsider it now. :)

I think they are too big for me and the Tubo gets hot sometimes anyway so I don't think they are as practical anymore...

If someone else has experiences with them, please chime in though ;)

:peace:

Top Bottom