caliganja420

Hey guys looking at the tubo as an option, is this vape a big cloud producer, will i get medicated like the mighty? I feel like the old coil heater technology is outdated
It does seem a bit nicer then firewood but i am looking to really get medicated
I do have an Enano but its a bit harsh and small load capacity

caliganja420,

oskicon

Hey guys looking at the tubo as an option, is this vape a big cloud producer, will i get medicated like the mighty? I feel like the old coil heater technology is outdated
It does seem a bit nicer then firewood but i am looking to really get medicated
I do have an Enano but its a bit harsh and small load capacity
People consider the Tubo and Milaana to be some of the only true portable upgrades to the mighty in terms of vapor potency. It rips dude.

BaroneBarra

Also very sadly I have to report that my wooden stem still hasn't arrive after more than one month now :(. I have a feeling that the package got lost somewhere :cry:

Same, ordered the very same day they came out and still nothing... It's either lost, or the Belgian post are stalling to charge me the most € possible...
Switzerland get in the EU already! :D

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
20k2no5.jpg

24zx2xg.png

33cyi4w.jpg

Teak Tubo Evic. I've only had the chance to use it three times but it has worked well all three times. Out of the box it was at 210c, got vapor immediately. That is not a temp I typically use so after I woke up from that tubo-evic induced nap I droped to 170ish. I am likeing it.

I can tell I am going to really enjoy this.
Just placed an order for @DDave tubo vapor cooler.

Last edited:

Evilevile

I recently got my long wooden stem and I've been trying to work with it. My loaded stem with capsule stops about an inch or 2 away from the screen above the heater tubes. The bare wooden stem stops even further before that, creating what looks like a chasm of empty air. I noticed other people saying that they make contact with the screen; the capsule w/stem overtop actually sitting on it. Is that normal?

I wish that was the case for me, as I am struggling to get 'vapor on the first hit', or 2nd, or 3rd, etc. after forcing warmup and cruise preheat. Why does warmup only last 2 seconds? Doesn't seem like it has time to do anything.

Beautiful stem though! I want it to work so much better.:goon:
Not sure what to do. Taking the lid off the capsule helps slightly, but then it's suspended above air where it can just fall out and crumble everywhere.

Last edited:
Evilevile,

Evilevile

I spoke too soon, and I exaggerated a lot. My Tubo just seems to take a while to warm up. Once it does, the heat expansion opens things up, allowing the stem to slide down much more, nearly making contact with the screen.

It must be so smooth and cool that I think I'm getting air! Because I certainly feel the effects afterwards. I'm not used to using capsules either. I usually pack the joint for the Tubo.

I think I need stronger batteries, like the Sony VTC6. I'm running an average sipping temp of 446F/230C.

dudeguy

Over the last few days I finally managed to get some vapour going while testing various mouthpieces. I got the best results form using the Tubo Evic with a glass bubbler and 220°C temp on demand. This also eliminates the problem I had with all other mouthpieces getting way too hot after a few pulls. Besides the bubbler I tested some cheap ash catcher and the long bent glass mouthpiece which both fit way too wiggly to get any good vapour. A cheap glass piece for a hookah fit more snugly but got even hotter than the rest so this was no option either.

So I have to use the Tubo as a stationary device with the bubbler for now and I have to pull really hard to get any vapour but that might just be how it is.
I might try the DDave vapor cooler one day as a portable option, hopefully that one gets a little less hot and actually fits snugly into the Tubo Evic.

Last edited:
dudeguy,

btka

Over the last few days I finally managed to get some vapour going while testing various mouthpieces. I got the best results form using the Tubo Evic with a glass bubbler and 220°C temp on demand. This also eliminates the problem I had with all other mouth pieces getting way too hot after a few pulls. Besides the bubbler I tested some cheap ash catcher and the long bent glass mouth piece which both fit way too wiggly to get any good vapour. A cheap glass piece for a hookah fit more snugly but got even hotter than the rest so this was no option either.

So I have to use the Tubo as a stationary device with the bubbler for now and I have to pull really hard to get any vapour but that might just be how it is.
I might try the DDave vapor cooler one day as a portable option, hopefully that one gets a little less hot and actually fits snugly into the Tubo Evic.
did you order a whip with your tubo... that is how I am planning to use mine... hopefully this will solve harshness...

dudeguy

did you order a whip with your tubo... that is how I am planning to use mine... hopefully this will solve harshness...

Yes but with the long bent mouthpiece not really fitting into the Tubo I have nothing I can connect the whip to :ugh:. If someone knows a onlineshop within Europe that sells similar glassware let me know.

its moops

I received my tubo earlier this week and I'm overall pleased with it. It seems to heat up quick and I haven't had any problems getting hits. The only downside right now I'm experiencing is that the vapor seems overall hotter than any other vape ive experienced. I only purchased the long bent stem so far, and i see some people in this thread have had similar issues with the heat. Does anyone have any advice on this? I did purchased the ddave mod tubo cooler today so I am waiting on that, and am thinking about getting those a-maze coolers or something but im really not sure what to get. Id prefer not to go water pipe just yet but wondering what my options are on getting cooler vaper from this beast. The whip seems like it might be a good option too

MoltenTiger

I received my tubo earlier this week and I'm overall pleased with it. It seems to heat up quick and I haven't had any problems getting hits. The only downside right now I'm experiencing is that the vapor seems overall hotter than any other vape ive experienced. I only purchased the long bent stem so far, and i see some people in this thread have had similar issues with the heat. Does anyone have any advice on this? I did purchased the ddave mod tubo cooler today so I am waiting on that, and am thinking about getting those a-maze coolers or something but im really not sure what to get. Id prefer not to go water pipe just yet but wondering what my options are on getting cooler vaper from this beast. The whip seems like it might be a good option too
A small water piece run without water could be an option to consider.

Likun

The ddave cooler works fine, no problem problems with hot vapor at all, at least for me. Whip also works fine.

dudeguy

Good idea, that way I could also attach the whip better. They can handle some heat from hot glass parts I guess? Don't want to risk inhaling some toxic fumes if the glass gets too hot :freak:

RelaxedNow

Good idea, that way I could also attach the whip better. They can handle some heat from hot glass parts I guess? Don't want to risk inhaling some toxic fumes if the glass gets too hot :freak:

You won’t have any problem with the whip. The glass doesn’t get too hot to wrap your lips around, IME, so it’s certainly not too hot for the whip.

Personally, while I do like the whip, for convenience sake I’ve preferred to use just the long bent stem...or more recently, the long wood stem with the glass insert, the A-maze cooler, and capsules. The latter setup has really become my go-to as of late. It provides plenty of vapor, and I can step it up to 420F with no complaint.

TENZEN

I received my tubo earlier this week and I'm overall pleased with it. It seems to heat up quick and I haven't had any problems getting hits. The only downside right now I'm experiencing is that the vapor seems overall hotter than any other vape ive experienced. I only purchased the long bent stem so far, and i see some people in this thread have had similar issues with the heat. Does anyone have any advice on this? I did purchased the ddave mod tubo cooler today so I am waiting on that, and am thinking about getting those a-maze coolers or something but Im really not sure what to get. Id prefer not to go water pipe just yet but wondering what my options are on getting cooler vaper from this beast. The whip seems like it might be a good option too

I would try the long hookah like hose with short attachment. Its definitely different and not really usable in public but It works like nobody's business. Its sold on the Tubo site. I have all the different attachments and if you are not using a water attachment with water to cool it down, its the go to for the Tubo at any temp for me. Hope that helps.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
You won’t have any problem with the whip. The glass doesn’t get too hot to wrap your lips around, IME, so it’s certainly not too hot for the whip.

Personally, while I do like the whip, for convenience sake I’ve preferred to use just the long bent stem...or more recently, the long wood stem with the glass insert, the A-maze cooler, and capsules. The latter setup has really become my go-to as of late. It provides plenty of vapor, and I can step it up to 420F with no complaint.

I am liking the tubo a lot. I use the long bent glass stem and it works great.

I also have a wood stem with a short glass insert and a longer bent glass insert. Both come with the A-maze cooler. I have found these items unusable. Since others are liking it so much I must be doing it wrong. I put the A-maze in the glass tube. I put the tube in the wood sleeve. I have been pushing the glass tube down to above the screen. The result I am getting after two or three drags is HOLY $*!! that is hot on the lips. The heat level I would equate to putting a cup of coffee to your lips fresh out of the pot. There is no way this is the results others are getting because it is not anywhere close to being comfortable. Should the glass sleeve not be any where close to the screen? Maybe it is just supposed to be barely inserted into the wood?

RelaxedNow

I am liking the tubo a lot. I use the long bent glass stem and it works great.

I also have a wood stem with a short glass insert and a longer bent glass insert. Both come with the A-maze cooler. I have found these items unusable. Since others are liking it so much I must be doing it wrong. I put the A-maze in the glass tube. I put the tube in the wood sleeve. I have been pushing the glass tube down to above the screen. The result I am getting after two or three drags is HOLY $*!! that is hot on the lips. The heat level I would equate to putting a cup of coffee to your lips fresh out of the pot. There is no way this is the results others are getting because it is not anywhere close to being comfortable. Should the glass sleeve not be any where close to the screen? Maybe it is just supposed to be barely inserted into the wood?

My glass is inserted all the way into the LONG wood stem, and I’m not having an issue with heat. If your wood stem is a shorty, try the long one. It won’t fit into a pocket, but I don’t see the Tubo as an around-the-town vaporizer anyway.

Or, you can pull the glass out further, as you’ve suggested. It’ll muck up the wood a bit, but that’s not a big deal, and I’d imagine it’ll be much cooler. I’ve done that with my Nomad, with good results.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Thank you for the advice.
This is the one I attempted to use. It gets so hot I'd be nervous about ordering another one. Looking at it I think I might have been sent a short one.

This was my order - along with this gorgeous tubo.
Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
wooden capsule stem - medium
- glass insert: long bent
- A-maze cooler: a-maze cooler woodcapsulestemmedium 1 $35.00

14jw2ut.jpg

RelaxedNow

Thank you for the advice.
This is the one I attempted to use. It gets so hot I'd be nervous about ordering another one. Looking at it I think I might have been sent a short one.

This was my order - along with this gorgeous tubo.
Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
wooden capsule stem - medium
- glass insert: long bent
- A-maze cooler: a-maze cooler woodcapsulestemmedium 1 $35.00

14jw2ut.jpg

Well, with the length of that glass, I’m surprised you’re feeling it’s too hot. I’ll have to hit on my Tubo today, and see at what point it becomes uncomfortable. It’ll have to be later though, because I have a couple of appointments to handle first.

Are you using capsules?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Looking at it I think I might have been sent a short one.
That’s definitely the short one. I have it as well, but not the bent glass, just a short glass stem. With the amazing cooler, it does get way too hot, so I just removed it, and it’s better.
I am surprised it is still that hot with the long bent stem, I thought for sure it was just the metal being too close to my mouth.

Jill NYC,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Havent used the TUBOx for a while with this DIY frenzy of mine going trough various concepts ,i am barely managing to try all the concepts and alterations that i have in mind. Anyway i visited a friend and brought it up with 4 fresh sony vtc 5a.. We got blown away by the vaportide,i almost forgot how awesome and unique the tubo vapor is.. , while other vapes work,TUBO heater just nails it, precisly when i want it and how i want it, increasing the temp by couple of degress after vapor production has diminished,brings me new clouds and a rises me up to a new flavour plain which binds so well to the effects..
@funkyjunky Cheers and thanks for this great vaporizer,for sure it wont get neglected as much in future as it is now :)),waiting on my ceramic twisty stem to come from China for some time,hopefully i will finally get to like the direct draw from it.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
:hmm:

i do back to back bowls with my short wooden stem + glass inlay + amaze cooler. whereas my throat dies without the amaze in place, especially towards the end of a stem.

the amaze metal insert does deflect the vapor stream to the outside and dissipates heat to the glass and the wood. this process does accumulates heat when taking hit after hit without giving a bit of time for the heat to dissipate to the surroundings, imo still better than without even when the stem is warmed up.
it also catches a lot of particles which helps my sinuses and i dont get a stuffed nose (i normally did, hence i preferred water, which i dont anymore but of course still enjoy)

for all mouth pieces i think its important to not have lips inside the vapor stream but outside of it. meaning, having the open end of the stems completely inside the mouth.
that said i can put my tongue right in front of the vapor stream with the amaze, whereas i cant without.

guess we do all feel and perceive differently. yeah i dont recommend the long stem if the bent stem is too hot. bent is equal length and has the bend in it, should be cooler in theory.

great to hear @Abysmal Vapor !:D

have fun everyone!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I have it figured it out.

Now I am using a mighty capsule and pull my glass stem out about 3/4" from it's most inserted position instead of having at rammed all the way down. Now the glass stem's tip is warm not hot on the lips which is just fine.

The color of my AVB was every bit as good as if I had used the Mighty.

Top Bottom