Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@funkyjunky I gotta take a photo of a stem i am using, you are late to the game with this A-maze :p.(joking)
Mine is 18mm male joint with a V12 Twistyblunt inside, i wanted to post about for some time but i always forget :D ... I will order the ceramic version when i have the chance and see if it cool as good as the metal one. I dont use it that much because i dont know what material it is made of and what is the anodization.
Sounds great about the concentrates , i would for sure snag one of these stems when i have the chance.
Edited to add photo.
It would be best if cutted a bit,may the spiral could support the screen,and also it would be grate if it is ceramic,also there are versions with better mouthpieces :0.
f5ce9l.jpg

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
@funkyjunky I gotta take a photo of a stem i am using, you are late to the game with this A-maze :p.(joking)
Mine is 18mm male joint with a V12 Twistyblunt inside, i wanted to post about for some time but i always forget :D ... I will order the ceramic version when i have the chance and see if it cool as good as the metal one. I dont use it that much because i dont know what material it is made of and what is the anodization.
Sounds great about the concentrates , i would for sure snag one of these stems when i have the chance.
Edited to add photo.
It would be best if cutted a bit,may the spiral could support the screen,and also it would be grate if it is ceramic,also there are versions with better mouthpieces :0.
f5ce9l.jpg
Nice! The ceramic one sounds interesting.. It immediately reminded me of the cooling bit in http://budbomb.com/product/silver-budbomb-xl-goldblack/ with the name of https://www.red-eye.co.uk/amazed.html . FJ was blissfully unaware of both :lol:

Either way, it works very well.. No way I'd be doing this without it! Both with full capsules at about 220C.. The one on the left is just a test stem

I think FJ has listed the items separately just to give people the option of the basic stem, but I would advise buying the inserts and cooling as well if you want to get the most out of them.. That's how they're intended to be used really :)

Last edited:

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Looking goood, will be getting one of those!
Can you compare the cooling effect to ddaves cooler which I prefer most of the time dry?
@funkyjunky you said you often even take the short one?
I normally would tend to medium for good cooling but if short is already very cool the compactness would be a nice plus! This makes me like the rimmed mp a lot (also cause it looks badass ;) )

So that's what I'm wondering about.

Likun

@leveltree I was wondering the exact same :D.I really don't enjoy hot vapor so the ddave cooler is my daily mouthpiece too. I went for the medium one though just to be safe. I'll see how it performs and then eventually get the short stem in the future. That's my plan for now.

Now thinking about it I don't think that those 4 cm longer vapor path make that much of a difference, especially as you can get the bent glass insert for the short stem which makes the vapor path kinda long again.

One more question: Can those Stems be used as a wpa? Or better not?

BaroneBarra

@leveltree I was wondering the exact same :D.I really don't enjoy hot vapor so the ddave cooler is my daily mouthpiece too. I went for the medium one though just to be safe. I'll see how it performs and then eventually get the short stem in the future. That's my plan for now.

Same exact train of thought, went for the medium as well even if I mostly need it for outside. I think anyway some pictures of the stems with the Tubo on the side for comparison would be helpful.

Also finding out in the description that the stems are compatible with the Vapcap tips was a very welcomed surprise!

(I ordered a flam and a j-hook because why not). :razz:

:peace:

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
@funkyjunky

When do you figure you'll be reopening the shop for more orders? I emailed the support email you have set up, but never received any response.
I've responded to a few emails this morning - drop me a PM if you don't have one and we'll go from there. :)

The next drop should be within a few days - Either Sunday or early next week, depending on how testing for this batch goes. I'll send an email out to the mail list as soon as I get a confirmed time.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the draw detection? I'm using cruise with Eco 1, and I can see the heater turning on for less than half a second every 1-4 seconds. Or is this what cruise is supposed to do?

Video: https://imgur.com/RheAL7b
was the heater warm when you made that video? it is normal for it to start out like this but after the heater is warm it should settle on eco until it detects the increase in wattage from a draw. also it seems you are rather high in temps, eco works better in the medium range. it can also be that your tubo is tuned a bit hot.

for now the threshold value is not directly accessible. however you can decrease (in your case of it auto triggering out of eco state) to make the tubo colder in general. that should help get the eco features not to jump around.
on the other hand if a tubo would stay in eco all the time and not detect draws it would be advised to increase the resistance to make it overall hotter.

JibbsIsMe

was the heater warm when you made that video? it is normal for it to start out like this but after the heater is warm it should settle on eco until it detects the increase in wattage from a draw. also it seems you are rather high in temps, eco works better in the medium range. it can also be that your tubo is tuned a bit hot.

for now the threshold value is not directly accessible. however you can decrease (in your case of it auto triggering out of eco state) to make the tubo colder in general. that should help get the eco features not to jump around.
on the other hand if a tubo would stay in eco all the time and not detect draws it would be advised to increase the resistance to make it overall hotter.

I heated it up real good and then tested cruise again at 180 C. It didn't seem to make a difference :(

Would decreasing the resistance help, or any other ideas?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yes, decrease your resistance 0.002 ohms and try again, maybe repeat.
you can find the value in 'menu>coils>manage' at line TCR. make sure the lock symbol is there before you leave.

use the warmup function to get it properly warmed up and try again.

JibbsIsMe

you can find the value in 'menu>coils>manage' at line TCR. make sure the lock symbol is there before you leave.

Thanks so much for the tips, I'll try that out later today!

I did the same thing as last tine - warm up a ton, cruise at 180 C - but I tried with 0.002 ohms lower resistance. That helped a bit, so I went another 0.002 lower, and another slight improvement. I'm not really sure what the implications are of lowering the resistance, should I keep going until there are no (or rarely) false-positives?

Video (0.004 ohms lower than original of 0.190): https://imgur.com/npJzHb7

Also, I noticed that the warmup feature finishes and switches over to cruise within about five seconds, even if I haven't used it in hours. Is it supposed to be that quick?

Last edited by a moderator:

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I am not sure about all the implications, lowering resistance value has, but for you it mostly means you have to set the vape a little hotter than before for the same effective temperature.
If it solves the eco problem I would think it's a solution if you keep it still kinda close to the original value.

Warm-up is very fast in my experience too, it could be a bit longer maybe since power demand drops quickly after the glass starts to warm I suppose.

Evilevile

Okay so for an on demand only experiment: The idea I got from the manual.

I just turned power on from N to Y

And changed peak power to 45 watts, as is suggested (30-45)

Okay so in Preheat I'm a bit confused here
I'm locked in W and while in W it won't let me do anything
Until I switch to % and then it let's me go down to adjust
Where even at 46watts it says 220%
How is 46w 220% when the unit can go up to 70w?

I never played with the resistance settings, even though my Tubo seems to take a long time to warm up for me, even the 2nd or 3rd bowl.

Where can I reset to defaults after changing these settings? Or is there a reference somewhere that shows stock settings?
I don't want to end up with all these changed numbers that impact the Tubo. I'm very neurotic and this will drive me crazy..

Honestly I think I've changed too much.

Evilevile,
Reactions: leveltree

Evilevile

Hate to hear that @Evilevile I've yet to change a thing since the day I unboxed it. I was hesitant to even update the software, but temp stepping during cruise mode lured me to update.
Lately I'm all about the on demand, but my new vaping buddy K2 likes cruise mode.

MqAhdvD.jpg

Nice! These settings are actually working quite well for their intended purpose. Maybe it's the Power setting I turned on from N to Y that's helping?

I can revert the Power thing and some of the settings easily enough and by reading the manual, but the numbers aren't there and some of the accessible menu options aren't explained or even mentioned.

I think there should be a reset to default or factory reset option, otherwise I will ask someone kindly for their stock specs.

I wanted to order a medium wood stem but out of stock. Then while carting up the short one, it sold out. I guess I'm ordering my 3rd choice. I'm worried the long one will look like a smoke stack!

Plus I use the Tubo as a portable and it seems the least portable and most breakable. I hope there's more available soon.

Last edited:
Evilevile,
Reactions: leveltree

Wicked0ne

Has anyone who ordered the tubo last month(May 12th drop) gotten any updates? Yesterday was 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything since ordering. So anxious for my tubo!

Wicked0ne,

Evilevile

I wonder if I could fit the short A-maze cooler in my Sbjr mouthpiece..
Funky mentioned draw restriction so I wonder if it would substantially increase risk of combustion in that type of vaporizer? Hmm.. :sherlock:

Evilevile,

little maggie

Just ordered- and missed reading this. Is it too late?

Also the medium is gone which is what I wanted so I ordered the long. Does anyone have one of the long ones and how is it working for you?

aaaaaaalllllrrriiiiiiggggghhhtooo!

aDi2Kzt.png

here they are! wooden capsule stems, limited quantity for now but more are in the makings.
check on lamart.ch under aroma accessories.
you can use the wooden stems in their raw form that comes with a screen preinstalled. use the wooden bowl directly or insert a s&b dosing capsule (2 included). glass inserts (straight and bent for the short mouth piece) can be added, as well as the A-maze cooler. i recommend getting at least one fully equipped stem.

had to slightly adjust price since i forgot about currency conversion in my previous price calculations (too much tubo maybe) and also i excluded shipping because it was just not manageable in the shop system.

so, if you only want to order wooden stems i can send them out cheaper. please leave a message that i said so and the difference in shipping costs will get refunded.
i can also do non-protruding glass inserts or bent ones for longer wooden stems, leave a message.

lets get this party started! :worms::D:party:

little maggie,

Likun

Just ordered- and missed reading this. Is it too late?

Also the medium is gone which is what I wanted so I ordered the long. Does anyone have one of the long ones and how is it working for you?

Just write him an email and he will refund the additional shipping costs. I was also ordering before reading his post and got my refund today.

The stems have not been shipped yet so I guess nobody except the makers (or early adopters?) will be able to answer your question about the long stems. At least mine hasn't been shipped yet, but it got packed! :D

Has anyone who ordered 4/19 or later gotten their tubo shipped yet? I ordered a poplar unpainted tubo x 4/18 and mine still says building I figured that would be the fastest possible tubo to make. I hope it ships today or tomorrow at least I got to add the wood stems and cooler I guess.

dudeguy

Has anyone who ordered 4/19 or later gotten their tubo shipped yet? I ordered a poplar unpainted tubo x 4/18 and mine still says building I figured that would be the fastest possible tubo to make. I hope it ships today or tomorrow at least I got to add the wood stems and cooler I guess.

I ordered one week before 4/20 and it got shipped last Thursday, to give you some perspective :D. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom