Tornado by Vestratto

BreadStick

Reading about gasification I'm getting confused about how it relates to dry herb vaporizing. Everything I can find describes gasification as a technique to pull hydro-carbons out of raw materials like coal into a gas called syngas. The only hydrocarbons I see referenced are carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen gas and methane. If we were actually gasifying the herb does that not mean we would be pulling all the cannabinoids out, turning them into harmful hydrocarbons and inhaling this syngas? I thought THC was meant to start degrading above 200C surely no cannabinoid would survive 700C unless you're doing something crazy with the air pressure?

To me it kind of seems like gasification is being used as a marketing buzzword to make it seem like the wheel has been re-invented. I still have faith the tornado will be a great vape but curious to see how different it will really be to the Anvil.

Comfortably Numb

Hell yeah I’m glad there is some more discussion on this thing.

We of course gotta see when it comes out but I am also skeptical this thing could achieve what sublimator or flower kettle combined with electropath can do in regards to “gasification” but I would love to be proven wrong!

I really don’t understand any of it myself, but with the kettle and path, it’s two separate temperatures you’re keeping the head at and the bowl at.

With the tornado how will you get two different temps on chambers so close to one another? Are the two chambers heated at the same time? Separately? Also the herb being in the chamber above the lower heated “gasification” chamber confuses me too.
This probably would be easy to achieve with a different ratio of metals between the two chambers...we are guessing here but if this is true then this may only work with the Forge...bummer

Comfortably Numb,
Reactions: Sidoney

Jojofernz

This probably would be easy to achieve with a different ratio of metals between the two chambers...we are guessing here but if this is true then this may only work with the Forge...bummer
Yeah unfortunately I think that was the plan, he seems pretty focused on it being induction powered and forge probably only thing that can operate it.

Wonder if it can even work with a torch but doubt it. I’m sure that’s why they were bundled together, need one to work the other!

Darth Gram Gram

The terminology used with all of this is definitely marketing and "bro science," but I will say that several makers here have made impressive devices. I don't believe there is gassification going on here, but there are things happening with vaporization that we don't quite get yet and I am excited to see what comes next.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Reading about gasification I'm getting confused about how it relates to dry herb vaporizing. Everything I can find describes gasification as a technique to pull hydro-carbons out of raw materials like coal into a gas called syngas. The only hydrocarbons I see referenced are carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen gas and methane. If we were actually gasifying the herb does that not mean we would be pulling all the cannabinoids out, turning them into harmful hydrocarbons and inhaling this syngas? I thought THC was meant to start degrading above 200C surely no cannabinoid would survive 700C unless you're doing something crazy with the air pressure?

To me it kind of seems like gasification is being used as a marketing buzzword to make it seem like the wheel has been re-invented. I still have faith the tornado will be a great vape but curious to see how different it will really be to the Anvil.

It´s not properly used. What happens when vaporizing is this: the thinner particles are, the deeper they penetrate lungs, so efficiency and potency increases. So the goal is to make vapor particles as small as possible and this is what they call gasification or biogasification.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I don't know what to say about this ball business, except that in absolute terms, I'd rather play basketball.😂

On the other hand, I remember John saying once, at the start of the Anvil, that his goal could be summed up in 3 words: vapor, vapor, vapor.
The goal having paid off, it's with great impatience that I await this Tornado, all the more so if this "3balls theory" has already been running through his head for 2 years.
He's a great engineer, I'm a poor stoner.:D

Roffa

Yes, trying to order. I'm a blind computer user and I can't complete any payment because of the inaccessible Captcha. And it turned out the snag was in the "region" field. Solved.....

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
The Tornado/Forge and Anvil/Forge Combos seem to have been reopened for July Pre-Order.

It is now showing as sold out again.

Animated GIF

Kreator87

I really hope it can attach to the Anvil. I also wonder how wide it can be if it has to fit in the Forge. I guess what I am saying is I really really want to see a picture of the thing!
Does It Look Okay Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It won't have enough power. +700C needed In essence the initial heat chamber would form the vapor, then you would need a secondary, hotter, chamber to achieve a gas from that. An Induction coil isn't going to heat the core to two different temps, only one general temp. It's not going to happen in a portable. Just my opinion though, I would loved to be proved wrong here but the horse has been beaten already in multiple threads. I'm about to seriously try it now and tape it for science!

You could achieve distribution with material differentials, but it would be imperfect and likely prohibitively expensive. This is why large companies stick to puffery unless they have substantial peer reviewed evidence. Using a specific scientific term puts an objective measure against your claim.

BreadStick

Does anyone know if all pre-orders are set for delivery in July or are they offering spots in each production run? I ordered on the 420 and the delivery date was meant to be around May 15th, have these all been pushed back to July?

Edit: I emailed Vestratto and was told the kits ordered on 420 should still be delivered in the middle of May

Last edited:

Fox

Hallo Leute, die gleichzeitige Erwärmung von zwei verschiedenen Massen im IH führt dazu, dass die untere Masse heißer ist als die größere Masse, und so ist es möglich, den Kondensator im Tornado heißer als den Ofen zu machen und den Dampf, der durch den Kondensator strömt, in kleinere Partikel zu zerlegen (Vergasung). Was haltet ihr von meinen Gedanken, Freunde?

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I mean I'm still gonna buy one lol. Semantics :)

Whether it's bioavailability, bigger bowl, or different oven design that causes it to hit harder (or all three) then I'm here for it. The og anvil constantly wins my reach test and that's without any cool upgrades. V excited for my new brass one with xl mouthpiece to come in. So this may take its place on the bubbler. Well see

Sidoney

I caved and think I got the last Tornado bundle for July! I'm so keen - been waiting for the Forge to be released since last year but I'm now so, so interested in the Tornado.

I've never hit the subliminator before so not sure what to expect (flower kettle + electropath is also meant to be similar I think and that's on my list for down the track too) . How much different do we think the experience will be to say the XL bowl through both a water piece and hitting natively?

It's killing me we don't have any videos of the thing in action or any sort of insight from anyone outside what was said on the SneakyPete livestream + website hahaha.

Roffa

Reader, I ordered one. There was a window of opportunity and I sneaked through it. My other vaporizer is an Anvil and I have a lot of faith in the Vestratto development team. Up till now, every design innovation on the Anvil has also been an improvement and a step forward. The Tornado is the next iteration of the Thermocore.

AndyO

Hadn't even occurred to me until reading the thread that the Tornado may only be available with a Forge, cos it may need a forge to heat it.

Not sure how I feel about that. It certainly prevents it from being a portable unit for my purposes. Makes it expensive too.

I'd like to think that I'll wait for it and see how it pans out... but I know what I'm about, I'll almost certainly end up getting one if I happen to be online when more come up for pre-order.

Top Bottom