Top_Vapor vp600 aka noble vp600 Mods or revamping

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Hi all, great forum you have here , being new to vaping , having been a daily smoker for over 30 years a friend of mine turned me on to vaping a few weeks ago , he was using a bc vap type , i found it ok but there had to be better ways to efficiently do this , so after some research and attempts at homemade devices I decided to grab a Top_vapor vp600 same as the noble but different name from my local head shop , now i give this unit about 7 outta 10 cause i find there are some issues with it holding temp close to what i set it to , it will sometimes drop almost 20 degrees before it kicks back up to the set temp , i know that drawing takes heat away but is that much normal , i usually compensate by using a higher temp knowing it will drop , i set it now at 390 - 385 and it can drop to 365, i also find that blowing on the element when the temp is lower than i set it will usually kick the temp back to what i set it to , the exhaust fan is usless it comes on and off when it wants for no reason , hell Ive had it kick in during the heating stage as well , the only advantage to the fan is that it sort of creates a light push to the whip draw but i don't think it was designed with that in mind , so with all that said , is there any of you out there with same unit that have modded it to function more efficiently , or looked into why you get a bit of a push from the exhaust fan, any stuff that can be replaced with better stuff and yes you can get technical,

ps yes i know my unit is a pos china knock off but for the price and quality of other stuff in that range it was the best choice at the time until i can afford an extreme or cano , but that pd seems to be the most efficient one out there , i just wish it was easier to get a hold of one , i did check all back threads but didnt find much on this unit , sorry bout all the comas my period key doesnt work ,

Samsquanch,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Seeing that i have no else here with suggestions i will fill you in on what i have done , easy fix , i decided that the hands free whip just has too much pull to maintain a decent temp , so i went through my glass collection and found a mini whip slash one hitter with a fair size bowl , rather than leaving it on the unit i can hold it on the heater , the bowl fits snug up to heater sitting just inside the rim , though my bowls are now even smaller , they taste better , vape evenly , and temp doesn't drop as much , maybe 5-8 degree fluctuation which aint too bad , so based on this i would say this pos cant handle the draw of a hands free whip all the time , actually i prefer this mini to the hands free , i have more control and use even less herb than with the hands free , most of the time its just myself partaking so a big ass whip get a lot of waste , i like to pretty much power hit my stuff and the hands free is a bit too big to do that and i end up coughing and wasting vape almost burning the stuff , the mini , i cant explain it but there is more flavor and vape is consistent , temp is consistent , makes a huge difference ,

Now with all that said your probably thinking dumb ass newbie just jumping on the first cheap vape he sees , not the case , i did a lot of research online and talked to a lot of people and listened to experiences , on thing i heard a lot about was crap falling on the element the other was overheating , so with hearing a lot of horror stories i went with this unit because 1 it has a cooling fan and most importantly 2 the heater is horizontal you have to be a dumb ass to get crap to fall in there and 3 it looks like a power supply , it blends perfectly in with my electronic tools and music equipment , i seen one post somewhere where this guitar guy leaves his unit with the rest of his rack mount effects and if someone catches him with a tube in his mouth he just says , wanna do some Frampton but i cant get my talk box to work right , that's golden , so being a musician that will totally work for my rig as well , so now that Ive done an update it is now time to partake , hope this helps someone out there , peace and love and good happiness and stuff,,,

Samsquanch,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Is your mini whip just a little chillumm? Sounds like a good idea, eventually you are going to want to upgrade especially because of the health aspects of chinese vapes but now you'll have a good idea of what you want. Sounds like you might like a PD style vape.

bluntfaced,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
ya bluntface like a 5 dollar jobber from big bee , clear glass , i just cut a tiny screen for it of course and there it is , added the tube from the hands free , a chillumm was my way before vape , no paper , glass only , mini s and full size , i love a good chillumm

Samsquanch,

CrazyCracker

Samsquanch said:
i seen one post somewhere where this guitar guy leaves his unit with the rest of his rack mount effects and if someone catches him with a tube in his mouth he just says , wanna do some Frampton but i cant get my talk box to work right ,
Thats awesome. :lol: but your posts definitely dont make me want to pick up a vp600

CrazyCracker,
Top Bottom