Toothpaste

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Are you particular with your choice of toothpaste?
I've become a bit of a connoisseur and have more than one brand and flavor at hand that I keep in rotation through the day.
Right now this is my favorite toothpaste and I'm confident it will continue to be my favorite for a long time.
It's the kind of flavor and texture that keeps you brushing and I'm a little sad when the brushing is complete.

I used to just buy whatever at the dollar store but not any longer.
This is it. It's amazing. Trust me on this.

My first day's brushing of the teeth occurs in the shower, with a manual toothbrush.
I have no powered toothbrush.
If my bathroom had an AC outlet I'd probably have a powered toothbrush and a WaterPik, but I digress.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha funny topic, I used to be really picky because I don't really like mint flavors, relying on the blue ones as a kid, finally there was this crest liquid toothpaste stuff that was vanilla mint flavor and I really liked it! Started stocking up, four packs from Amazon, then all of a sudden they discontinued them, bought what I could... Fortunately I then discovered the sensodyne alpine breeze gentle whitening, and that has kept me going strong for many years! Breath freshening, whitening, sensitivity strengthening, and not too strong of mint flavor :tup: (also using hello brand coconut oil aloe vera mouthwash after flossing)

Alexis

Since 2005 I’ve been very allergic to all brands of toothpaste. Also bicarbonate of soda and activated charcoal powder.

To this day I use cheap pink Himalayan salt to brush. Zero tooth problems, shiny white, not seen a dentist for 4 years or more.

But I do oil pulling every day with coconut oil, for allergies primarily but is a powerful detoxification method on empty tummy before anything upon rising.

The proclaimed tooth and gum health benefits of oil pulling are an extra bonus, and any time of day or night you do it you’ll get maximum level of benefits there.

In a (coco)nut shell, seriously, to anybody who is really interested in or in need of optimising their all round mouth health, preserving tooth and gum health with additional benefits, oil pulling is the best way to go about that in a guaranteed fashion.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Since 2005 I’ve been very allergic to all brands of toothpaste. Also bicarbonate of soda and activated charcoal powder.

To this day I use cheap pink Himalayan salt to brush. Zero tooth problems, shiny white, not seen a dentist for 4 years or more.

But I do oil pulling every day with coconut oil, for allergies primarily but is a powerful detoxification method on empty tummy before anything upon rising.

The proclaimed tooth and gum health benefits of oil pulling are an extra bonus, and any time you do it you’ll get maximum level of benefits there.

In a (coco)nut shell, seriously, to anybody who is really interested in or in need of optimising their all round mouth health, preserving tooth and gum health with additional benefits, oil pulling is the best way to go about that in a guaranteed fashion.

100% this!

I need to do this again, thank you for the reminder 🙏

Alexis

100% this!

I need to do this again, thank you for the reminder 🙏
Hi. It’s a zero downside thing, besides the time and inconvenience of not being free to converse with any others around (like my insanely annoying mum lol).

Who, Kel, as it happens, uses Kingfisher. It’s a good shout. None of that barbaric water plant additive pushed on us politically since WW11, Hitler himself being the first one to geniusly begin caring for tooth health.

Bit the pros of oil pulling massively outweigh that and if you live alone it’s not an issue at all. I answer to postmen with a things up and smile all the time lol.

TeaCup

finally there was this crest liquid toothpaste stuff that was vanilla mint flavor and I really liked it! Started stocking up, four packs from Amazon, then all of a sudden they discontinued them

Without a doubt the 2nd worst thing ever in the history of our world, only preceded by just realizing you've combusted. Two very very annoying things that should never have to happen to ones self, lol.

Shit Snacks

Without a doubt the 2nd worst thing ever in the history of our world, only preceded by just realizing you've combusted. Two very very annoying things that should never have to happen to ones self, lol.

It's always something right?! Toothpaste Deodorant, shampoo, some food stuff, why do they discontinue the best things!! :rant::lmao:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hi. It’s a zero downside thing, besides the time and inconvenience of not being free to converse with any others around (like my insanely annoying mum lol).

Who, Kel, as it happens, uses Kingfisher. It’s a good shout. None of that barbaric water plant additive pushed on us politically since WW11, Hitler himself being the first one to geniusly begin caring for tooth health.

Bit the pros of oil pulling massively outweigh that and if you live alone it’s not an issue at all. I answer to postmen with a things up and smile all the time lol.

Right, I avoid fluoride as much as I can. A Harvard study indicated that it reduces IQ by 10 to 15 points.
This has to be deliberate.

BallzMcVinegar

Almost all the common toothpaste is pretty much the same stuff. I dont have any special requirements so I just get whats on sale.

BallzMcVinegar,
Reactions: arb

Alexis

1. Why is the postman in your bathroom?

2. Why are you showing him your thing?
Hi. I can answer number two. Damn stupid A.I. auto(mis)correct made a fool of me again!
Like, just leave a mispelled Thumbs for me to notice instead of tidying up behind me thinking you’re actually helping. Lol.
That is funny though.
This has to be deliberate.
Now that I would have to certify as a true grand understatement, but I’m not meaning to knock you for it in any way, but applaud and emphatically agree.

It’s deliberate all right. I’m seen as a nut with some wild beliefs, but we have been dumbed down from before most if not every one of us was born.

Fluoride is one little part of that, but few people appreciate the fact that Adolph’s biggest misfortune was not (I actually don’t accept that he did lose the staged war at all, and I wonder what sort of gaff he had down under at the Antarctic lol), but in fact, he missed out on the Nobel peace prize for innovative approach to national toothcare.

It was deemed as so important ant at the time, a required measure. Keep teeth healthy, the rations were exerting some extra strain.

In UK, the addition of fluoride into drinking water was supposedly justified by an official study which displayed that between 2 regions, one fluoride added, the other not.

In the Fluoradated area children had a 0.6% reduction in cavities.

We got off the hook remarkably here, decades ago the plant broke down, before up and running again, public campaigns, mayor attention, and no green light to resume since.

It’s a real battle and fight regionally all over the world, but there are areas where the people have stood up, and no fluoride, and many places still losing those few IQ points.

It all adds up, there’s a lot of avenues for seiphonong that intellect away.

Nanoparticles are probably way worse than fluoride. Largely via chemtrails last few decades especially, which staggeringly many people cannot see the plain reality of.

Not done my oil pulling today, allergies and infections much better than usual from some thorough treatment yesterday but oil pulling is usually so refreshing for the airways and leaves such a lovely soft and silky feeling in your mouth.

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Actually been having alot of issues with the "regulare" toothpaste like coldgate etc.
I find that the strong mint flavor completely ruins the taste of my vape/dabs in the following hours, not just that but the flavor is just plain too much... so un-enjoyable....

I had something that was more organic with lemon taste instead, that was better...

Anyone can recommend one that is free from flouride and all the other toxic stuff, AND tasteless!?

Alexis

Actually been having alot of issues with the "regulare" toothpaste like coldgate etc.
I find that the strong mint flavor completely ruins the taste of my vape/dabs in the following hours, not just that but the flavor is just plain too much... so un-enjoyable....

I had something that was more organic with lemon taste instead, that was better...

Anyone can recommend one that is free from flouride and all the other toxic stuff, AND tasteless!?
Kingfisher which Kel shouted is free from fluoride, all natural, but not tasteless.

Naturally flavoured though.

I’ve not looked at a Colgate tube for decades, but I doubt “flavoured naturally” is one of the marketing ploys.

Activated charcoal powder works as well or better than any toothpaste. I’ve no issues at all with simple, plain Himalayan salt.

Others mix turmeric powder with coconut oil for a toothpaste said to work very well.

But kingfisher or there’s a few of the same ilk, shouldn’t be too unpalatable.

Still minty, but it’s the artificial chemical fragrance of mint in Colgate that is going to cling to the olfactory bulb like sticky tape.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Anyone else prefer floss picks? I find them much easier to deal with, by far. But flossing is a must and deeply satisfying.
I floss before brushing, people tell me I'm crazy, it should be done after brushing, but I'm not feeling it that way.

Shit Snacks

Anyone else prefer floss picks? I find them much easier to deal with, by far. But flossing is a must and deeply satisfying.
I floss before brushing, people tell me I'm crazy, it should be done after brushing, but I'm not feeling it that way.

I always floss before, after seems silly... But those people are probably using mouthwash last then?

Are floss picks those slingshot looking things with the plastic handles?? Seem nice but so wasteful that I cannot justify myself because they can't be recycled really...?

Shit Snacks,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I always floss before, after seems silly... But those people are probably using mouthwash last then?

Are floss picks those slingshot looking things with the plastic handles?? Seem nice but so wasteful that I cannot justify myself because they can't be recycled really...?

Yeah the slingshot things. But I use a plant based floss pick that's eco friendly and it's the best floss picks I've ever used.
It's this - a bit pricey compared with dollar store floss picks but I now insist on Humble Company's floss picks:

I'm glad you're in agreement about flossing BEFORE brushing. I can't speak to whether the people who criticized me for flossing first use mouthwash after, one day I may ask them.

Shit Snacks

Yeah the slingshot things. But I use a plant based floss pick that's eco friendly and it's the best floss picks I've ever used.
It's this - a bit pricey compared with dollar store floss picks but I now insist on Humble Company's floss picks:

I'm glad you're in agreement about flossing BEFORE brushing. I can't speak to whether the people who criticized me for flossing first use mouthwash after, one day I may ask them.

Oh nice! Yeah that's actually probably better than what I'm using then after all lol may be time to upgrade my floss game...

My ritual would be floss then the coconut oil aloe vera mouthwash before bed, if I am doing it in the morning though I will do it before brushing, though I was told the mouthwash should be the final thing really?

But yeah with the good mouthwash like this and it feels like oil pulling, feels as good if not better than the actual brushing!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: jeffp

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Oh that's so nice. We use "The Natural Dentist" brand mouthwash with aloe. It's awesome and ends bleeding gums also.
The Humble Company floss picks are a total upgrade to anything I've tried before. They never break and they do an excellent job.
It's more expensive, yes. If it's doable I highly recommend checking it out. It takes pick flossing to a new level.

Shit Snacks

Oh that's so nice. We use "The Natural Dentist" brand mouthwash with aloe. It's awesome and ends bleeding gums also.
The Humble Company floss picks are a total upgrade to anything I've tried before. They never break and they do an excellent job.
It's more expensive, yes. If it's doable I highly recommend checking it out. It takes pick flossing to a new level.

Yeah I used to use that one, and then I switched to this hello brand, it is cheaper and has the aloe vera as well, but also the coconut oil which is really effective! Feels stronger using it, but not harsh like normal mouthwashes... It is natural mint as well!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: jeffp
Top Bottom