TinyMight / TM 2

fogbank

I still recommend the 30Q and HG2 over the VTC6. If you want to go the Sony route there are newer models that are more interesting, if you don't mind the high price tag.

Anyway, it's not recommended to operate any cell at its CDR as it will damage it. I hope the TinyMight is not drawing more than 15A during peak heater rampup, otherwise real 20A CDR cells or higher would be better (like the VTC5A, 25R, HE4 etc or the newer breed) You have to leave much headroom to cope with aging cells and variations in quality.

My TM is supposed to arrive tomorrow (ordered on 12/10/2019). I'm very excited!

I have two different 18650 models on hand at this time. Sony VTC5A and Samsung INR18650-32E.

I know that the manufacturer recommends only using the VT6, and I don't have any qualms about ordering more of them, but I'm just curious what people think about the VTC5A or 32E for this application?

fogbank,
Reactions: KeroZen

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I have two different 18650 models on hand at this time. Sony VTC5A and Samsung INR18650-32E.

I know that the manufacturer recommends only using the VT6, and I don't have any qualms about ordering more of them, but I'm just curious what people think about the VTC5A or 32E for this application?

The VTC5A should work fine (though less capacity, of course), but I'd avoid using the Samsung, as it only allows 10A current discharge.

My TM is supposed to arrive tomorrow (ordered on 12/10/2019). I'm very excited!

Cool, looking forward to your reports!

MrFlocky

Well mine arrived on Sunday down in Australia. Looks and feels beautiful.

And I'm in the middle of a T-break until the end of the month, so all I can do is look at it...

MrFlocky,
Reactions: Thcgos

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Haha I've never seen showstopper used to mean something negative!

Yeah. Showstopper means that it's the best thing ever, so much so that the show need not continue because we've already found the best thing that could possibly be shown.

So, no need to continue the show to look for something different or better because we now have found the best possible thing ever.

im not a robot

@ those that already hold one close to their heart & ordered both stem sizes: do you have preferences re length? is there a substantial difference in terms of cooling (or handling)? to me the difference between 55mm & 80mm seems minor, but i really wouldnt know.

dudeguy

Do you think the TM is a worthy upgrade if you already own a Mighty? I like my Mighty but I think it does not give me the same body buzz and extraction a Vapcap can achieve. But maybe I am just imagining things.

dudeguy,
Reactions: Siebter

Easywider

Simple is the way
Do you think the TM is a worthy upgrade if you already own a Mighty? I like my Mighty but I think it does not give me the same body buzz and extraction a Vapcap can achieve. But maybe I am just imagining things.

I don't have a TM but I'd say the main advantage between a TM and a mighty would be the one demand nature of the device. You can pick up the TM and take an instant hit and put it back down without it further roasting your herb. Walk away and do the same 45 mins later rinse and repeat.

For the buzz signature I think the difference is the conduction buzz of the vapcap vs a mostly convection buzz of the mighty. Everyone is different but for me the buzz from conduction vapes is more stoney with a heavier body load.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

The Mighty is just a different animal. The TM can be used as a session vape too, but the Mighty won't allow on demand usage, which is where the TM really shines. The Mighty produces high quality vapor no doubt, but tastewise the Tinymight benefits quite a bit from the pure convection. It also allows for much faster extraction.

I use both the TM and an Omni XL, I think they complement each other very nicely.

What is the OD on the stock stems?

16mm OD, 12mm ID.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yes, on demand (even session mode is not like session conduction constantly cooking), pure convection, only quartz and steel in vapor path... TM will be quite different than hybrid session Mighty and also hybrid on-demand VapCap... For me it is also quite superior as well :2c:

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

@ those that already hold one close to their heart & ordered both stem sizes: do you have preferences re length? is there a substantial difference in terms of cooling (or handling)? to me the difference between 55mm & 80mm seems minor, but i really wouldnt know.

Not much difference in cooling, but some on the margin. Both are very nice with cooling unit. On the warmer side without cooling unit. You can fit two cooling units in long stem.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I had my first night, and morning sesh with TM and like almost everyone else so far, I love it. But who doesn't love the Honeymoon period... It's not perfect , but I don't expect perfection from any of my vapes. I usually know the pros and cons before making a purchase and hopefully it satisfies a need. My friends all know that I view my vape collection as a puzzle. The best vape for me for each situation. I might sip on my Vapman while enjoying an outdoor fire, grab the davincci miqro for a dog walk, or the pax era for the stealth of the city. etc I also use three catagories ; plug in, portable , and cordless. To me , many of the portables are simply not convenient even if they are portable. The TM checks so many boxes that it was a no brainer and I am really happy with it.

that being said I can make a small list of things that would make it better for me. A case to start with. This is a beautiful vape and I'd like to keep it looking good as long as possible. I don't much care for the hemp pouch but that just me. I do like having a custom or unique case whenever possible. If not then at least a cap for the glass stem. I'd prefer to have the stem not only protected but sealed . Given that the TM is not magnetic , the suggestions for wood or metal with silicone inserts of some kind would be easy and useful. Lastly, a built in stirring stick. The lynx Gaia and Davincci are two that have done this successfully and after just a few uses of my TM I can already see the need for one. The evenness of my ABV has been wonderfull and I'm guessing that the majority of users won't feel the need to stir . However, I could not blow out the ABV twice already and a handy tool would have been great. Plus it would certainly be used for adjustment / removal of the cooling unit and unscrewing the battery lid.

final verdict: I love it and you probably will too

im not a robot

You can fit two cooling units in long stem.
oh. that never crossed my mind. nice option to have. but it seems most agree the cu works really well as is already.
I use both the TM and an Omni XL, I think they complement each other very nicely
would you characterise their differences akin to what easywider wrote?:
For the buzz signature I think the difference is the conduction buzz of the vapcap vs a mostly convection buzz of the mighty. Everyone is different but for me the buzz from conduction vapes is more stoney with a heavier body load
i feel the same way when comparing mighty & vapcap. i like both & it does feel different.
can anyone explain to me how this works? the SCIENCE? does conduction reach higher temperatures (maybe localised)? but then it would combust. maybe the speed of heating? it actually feels like every vape i have tried (there is only the firefly left now) seemed to create slightly different effects.. i like the variation, but i find it puzzling.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I often notice a bigger difference between conduction/convection vapes than I do for different strains. I prefer the convection most of the time and my favorite in my own collection is my Aromed. It's just not convenient for me most of the time since I vape mostly on the go. The Splinter/ Stempod were equally enjoyable and easier but still just a little to big to carry around. When I'm home they get used plenty but I need something to put in my pocket. The TM is just what I wanted. I think anyone who likes a splinters will be very satisfied with a TM for EDC.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Siebter said:
I use both the TM and an Omni XL, I think complement each other very nicely
im not a robot said:
would you characterise their differences akin to what easywider wrote?:
Easywider said:
For the buzz signature I think the difference is the conduction buzz of the vapcap vs a mostly convection buzz of the mighty. Everyone is different but for me the buzz from conduction vapes is more stoney with a heavier body load

More or less – for me personally both the Dynavaps and the Mighty are hybrids, so pretty close to that regard. I haven't had enough experience with the Mighty to give you helpful comparisons, though.

The Dynavaps give me a bit of a toastier hit, which I often enjoy – the TM is much purer when it comes to flavor. Beside that comparing those two becomes difficult for me; I am a microdoser, yet my TM loads are a bit bigger than the .05g I will use with a Vapcap. The Vapcap is a heavy hitter if you want it to be, but I find the fast extraction of the TM will let me finish a bowl much faster than when having a DV-session – even when the load is twice as big, which gives me a different experience. And then there's convection vs. hybrid / conduction, and while I personally think that the used strain has a bigger impact on the effects, I also tend to experience a TM session a bit less couchlocky, a bit fluffier. If a strain will have both euphoric and relaxing effects (for example some indica dominant strain like Green Poison), it will feel more relaxing with a Dynavap and more euphoric with a Tinymight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom