TI Domeless Nail, Price dropped!! SOLD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mestizo

FOUR GONE, ONE LEFT.
$35.00 PRIORITY SHIPPING WITH TRACKING ANYWHERE IN THE CONUS.
NUMBER 2 IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT.
Hi,
I'm a machinist and I made countless Titanium nails and plates in the past.
Recently a friend of mine asked me to make for him some prototypes of dome less nails.
After several models he decided to keep the last two, (not pictured).
Functionality in all of them is the same, the only differences is the joint size, and thickness of the
cup/bowl.
these are one of a kind and there will be no more like it.
The three on the left fit an 18mm.male joint, and the two on the right fit both 14mm. and 18mm.
They are all made with CP (Commercially Pure) Titanium.
I accept Pay Pal or Money Order.

Somebody ask about the titanium grade and I feel I should answer the question here too.

In regards to what grade titanium this is, I knew this was going to come up and that may be a reason some folks are walking away from this deal.
Bear with me for a minute.
I'm a machinist with extensive knowledge about metallurgy too,
the grade these are made of is grade 4, CP (commercially Pure) only comes in four grades (1,2,3 and 4), the difference between them is about half of one percent, the half percent are five gasses like oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, and metals like iron and carbon, all safe for consumption gasses and metals, I'll bet anything nobody can tell the difference between one or the other grade.
BTW, Cosmic doesn't use grade 2 for most of their gear, they are using grade 5 I believe, not pure anymore.
I have spoken to a lot of people that swear about grade 2 and nobody can give a straight answer why they say grade 2 is superior, some of they say " it taste better" to what I say, BULL!
You need very expensive and sophisticated equipment to tell the difference between Pure and not Pure, and even more to tell the difference between grades of Pure.
personally, I prefer a good type of stainless, but that's me, people want titanium so I make titanium parts.
I bet the person who started this trend years back had very little knowledge about super alloys and exotic metals (that's what they are called).
Please, don't take my word for it, look it up online yourself.
Thanks.

7_zps10dfbf90.jpg

6_zps11a16bc0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom