Three Strikes on Classifieds?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
How about a rule of only one or two "Want to buy" post/s on the classifieds per member at a time? Must close one of the older one before posting a new one. I want to buy stuff all the time too, but have never posted an ad, and I do see the "Want to buy" as a very useful tool. However, I have seen some very "vague" descriptions and seen over 7+ "Want to buy" on the classifieds, unlocked from a single member. :2c::peace:

I wouldn't mind seeing a dedicated sub-forum for WTB.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Drumming-Gorilla.gif

:peace:

HomeFree

I for one would be opposed to a 3-strike policy.

I think it would only encourage offenders to set up multiple accounts under new names, making tracking true seller rating history nearly impossible.

I can totally understand that however typically these types will already have multiple accounts set up as a contingency plan. FC has some good rules for the classifieds. I was unaware there was a feedback option. That's cool. Seems like decent people as well, but most people are decent to begin with.

I was all for a 3 strike rule until I read FlyingLow's post, there is some good truth in there, but scammers in my experience always have multiple accounts and set them up well in advance as they are typically already experienced in the art of a scam as well as being jerks overall. But like slickstones wrote, you can look over their posting history. Many scammers will play nice though.

Scammers drive me nuts. It is a shame anyone would do such a thing to a fellow enthusiast let along anyone at all. But a fellow enthusiast is like family.

As far as a want to buy subforum that would be pretty cool. For myself, I just read the classifieds. Unfortunately it seems like every time something is listed that I want I am low on funds! :D But that is okay!

Top Bottom