Thoughts on Barack Obama and Marijuana

Beezleb

They do realize the benefits but too many in authority feel the ends dont match the means so to speak. You have alcohol, tobacco, anti weed groups, mothers against groups and those who really dont understand the plant and thinks its like meth. As this age group progresses in life and eventually dies out and younger more realistic understanding people gain authority the issue can maybe get changed.

Best we can hope for now is that the feds honor states rights on the issue which is a major step, but one of many to go.

Beezleb,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Found this today
http://opengov.ideascale.com/akira/dtd/2762-4049
Dont believe its legit?
Check here http://www.whitehouse.gov/open/blog/
According to the Whtehouse blog this is what will take place after the "Brainstorming"
Beginning today, we will have a brainstorming session for suggesting ideas for the open government recommendations. You can vote on suggested ideas or add your own.

Then on June 3rd, the most compelling ideas from the brainstorming will be fleshed out on a weblog in a discussion phase. On June 15th, we will invite you to use a wiki to draft recommendations in collaborative fashion.

These three phases will build upon one another and inform the crafting of recommendations on open government.

umpnum14,

Loarun

Obama has said he will stop the DEA raids ... but as recently as 2 months ago there was a major raid on 4 separate dispensaries in California.

As well as when Obams said "I don't know what that says about our online audience" in response to marijuana being the most voted for question for the president to address in a town hall meeting with online interaction.

This is when i lost all hope for Obama to do any real "change". The man laughs off the question without even a consideration, while the whole audience laughs at "the dumb stoners who vote online". But Obama seemed to forget why he is in office, because of online donations and motivation brought on by different sources from the internet. Like most politicians he is positioning himself for the next election instead of listening to his constituents. There are so many polls available that will tell you that the majority of america thinks that at the very least decriminalization of the plant should be considered, if not down right legalized.

But fuck politics, skig-skags and skallywops, hooters and heffers.

Also to the people with the belief that there is too much money behind marijuana staying illegal, There are currently no Interest groups concerning keeping marijuana illegal. This doesn't mean the alcohol and the pharmaceutical industries are not giving enormous amounts to politicians but there is currently a lack of public groups speaking out for keeping marijuana illegal on capital hill.(from normal, a interview on CNN or fox or something) Only bitch politicians that think its a war for our children and their morals.

And national government is always slow to enact laws then states. State laws have always been more radical and controversial, Californian or main or some state up there both have laws in or out of comity concerning the legalization of marijuana. They wont pass but at least they are not saying "dumb stonners and their weed hahah"

Anyways I'm 18 and I strongly believe marijuana will be legalized at least on the state level by the time I'm 30. :D

Loarun,
Top Bottom