This is my first post and any advice would be helpful

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself and see if I could expand my own knowledge by joinging this forum. I have been lurking for a few months and have been posting on /r/vaporents from reddit frequently for the lastime few months. I am newer to vaporizers, less than a year, and always interested in learning about other users experiences. I currently own/share a pax 2, haze v3, goboof alfa, mflb, and vivalavape with my significant other.

My question is, I have begun to look into creating my own portable vaporizer and would appreciate any advice or guidance. I have a design in mind, but that's it. What are features that I should have in this unit? What materials would you like to see in it? Any and all help is appreciated.

Glow

Lookatmeglow

Thank you for the link! I will have to check it out once I get off work. I was still hoping people would give suggestions of what features they enjoy.

Lookatmeglow,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
As far as portable convection goes. I would want something like a grasshopper/mighty hybrid.

Something with the battery life of the mighty and the instant heat of the grasshopper.

Lookatmeglow

As far as portable convection goes. I would want something like a grasshopper/mighty hybrid.

Something with the battery life of the mighty and the instant heat of the grasshopper.

Size wise how big would you be comfortable using?

Lookatmeglow,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Size wise how big would you be comfortable using?

I'd say the mighty is a bit large and battery life could take a hit if it made it easier to pocket. Not looking for stealth but rather a high performing, high functionality vape.

3/4" maximum thickness is about the most you would want in your pocket. So about the size of an iPhone 5 with an otter box on it, 3/4" x 2 1/2" x 5 1/4".

True by pass usage while charging would also be a feature many people would like.

EDIT

PS: I think that offering a GonG would please a lot of people.

Build it like a tank and charge a good price. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for the link! I will have to check it out once I get off work. I was still hoping people would give suggestions of what features they enjoy.
Glad to see you made it!

I'm actually just about to start that project as well, made the last round of orders last night and should have some parts trickling in soon. Seems like a lot of fun and the results seem to speak for themselves.

At any rate the DIY section is full of great info and knowledgeable folks who are generally glad to help.

What are features that I should have in this unit? What materials would you like to see in it?

I would really like a stirrer and onboard storage for small amounts of herb in a portable. A real "all in one" self contained electric dugout. Ideally the size of a box mod or smaller, running off either a single or double 18650's. I really think a PA function would be great, the original PA solo's are revered for this feature and I think it is an excellent one.

My preferred materials would be glass, wood, mica and inert metals. Absolutely no plastics, but if necessary Teflon is OK (in my book) depending on the application.

That or butane powered lol. The butane market sure could use a jolt. My interests are admittedly a niche market within a niche market however.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
What are features that I should have in this unit? What materials would you like to see in it?

at this point, after 7 years of experience, i'm kind of biased about design and features:

i like all glass (only glass) air path, microprocessor temperature control, digital temperature display, select any temperature from ambient to 500F ... packed into a 2" cube ... batteries external to the cube, so more of a mobile than a portable, since i like to get a dozen sessions (90 minutes) per charge and small batteries just don't cut it for me ... external battery pack makes it very easy to swap ... recharge in 45 minutes using a 3A charger.

couldn't buy it, so i made my own ... link to the Bud Toaster thread with construction details in my signature.

Check out the DIY Bulli Thread, have looked in a lot of different places, and that's your best bet.

legalcloud,
Top Bottom