thinking about making the switch and looking for first vape

ragingpotato

Hi everyone on FC. Currently located in Canada and pretty sure yall already know what happened here last week. I've seen some people vaping dry herb but I have no balls to went up and ask them what's the point of vaping instead of just smoking (can anyone answer that for me as well? Thanks!). However I am still looking into getting my first vape device since it looks kind of cool and maybe it can give a different smoking experience, any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Gonna be looking for: 1. a vape device that gives me at least equal experience, minor decline would be acceptable; 2. not gonna be too big since I want to carry it outdoors and don't want to get stared by people with a huge mod in my hand.

TIA

sickmanfraud

Welcome to FC @ragingpotato

I never combusted (except for a couple of vape mistakes) but I did a lot of research before I applied for a medical cannabis license, Some reasons people vape vs smoke:
1. conserve medicine
2. a healthier way to consume cannabis since you don't get the combustion byproducts.
3. a way to customize your experience via temperature you vape at
4. Get ABV vs ash. ABV can be made into edibles.
5. Less smelly alternative (more stealth)

If stealth is a priority I would suggest the Fury2 or the microQ.

habitat-fc

I've seen some people vaping dry herb but I have no balls to went up and ask them what's the point of vaping instead of just smoking (can anyone answer that for me as well? Thanks!).

Vaping delivers the actives in the plant without any tar or other nasty byproducts of combustion.

Gonna be looking for: 1. a vape device that gives me at least equal experience, minor decline would be acceptable; 2. not gonna be too big since I want to carry it outdoors and don't want to get stared by people with a huge mod in my hand.

I recommend something unregulated for a more "joint" like experience, @Summer has made a good recommendation with the Vapcap, or there is RBT Milaana or maybe the Lil' Bud by @Bravesst.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ragingpotato, also take a look at these threads:

- Splinter Z & Splinter (mod based portable) Z would be my 1st choice.
- New Vape Flower Pot (desktop)
- Sticky Bricks (OG, Hydro, Runt, Jr) (butane based)
- S&B Mighty (electric portable)

With maybe the exception of the Splinters, you can see all these in use on youtube.

Don't rush you're search. Take your time. Ask questions. Good luck!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
In all the reasons mentioned above for vaporizing dry-herb instead of smoking, how did the flavor explosion not get mentioned?!?!?

You gel ALL the flavor. If you've only smoked, then you've never really tasted your weed. You'll be AMAZED at the difference in flavors. And you'll find subtle flavors that you had NO IDEA were there in the past!

Mr. Me2

Dynavap, but it requires some technique and has a learning curve, and the Fury2. SUPER easy to use and surprisingly small

darbarikanada

vapes generally are either 'session' - you finish the bowl, or 'on demand', where you can take individual hits, resume the bowl later. session vapes are less of an engineering challenge, tend to require almost no learning curve. on demand vapes are more demanding, technique-wise. for session vapes, the mighty gets great ratings, but it's on the bigger side - and $$$. if its size, price, and being a session vape all work for you, I'd say go for it and you'll be happy, won't need to upgrade any time soon.

reasons to vape: tastes better, less coughing, probably less bad for your health.

if you go for a vape, be prepared for a much slower process; one bong hit equals about 3-4 hits off a vaporizer - and each vape hit takes about 10 sec.

Top Bottom